Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #1  

Default Should I add Brazil Butt Lift?

I have been doing The Firm Express and I've been heavily debating today that I need to add something because I just am NOT losing like I would like to be with The Firm Express. I've lost only 2 pounds in 2 weeks which is sort of a downer because I am ALSO doing a diet plan (protein/veggies/beans only). What are your thoughts? Has Brazil Butt Lift worked for anyone?

My Weight Loss Journey

Last edited by AlexandraJoy; 01-14-2012 at 05:52 PM.
AlexandraJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

1lb/week is an excellent rate of weight loss. Where did you get the idea that it wasn't?
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #3  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esofia View Post
1lb/week is an excellent rate of weight loss. Where did you get the idea that it wasn't?
^^THIS!!^^

1 lb a week is a healthy loss and maintainable. Give up the ghost of "quickie" weight loss and be happy/proud of 1 lb per week. I'm losing at a rate of 1/2 lb (or less) per week and would LOVE a 1 lb per week loss. You're doing just fine!!

and I don't know anything about Brazil Butt Lift, but it sounds painful.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

how often are you doing the firm express? even though the infomercial says 3x times a week, you can bump it up to 4-6 days a week or do 2 of the workouts instead of just 1 20 minute one. also making sure you are counting your calories.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandraJoy View Post
I've lost only 2 pounds in 2 weeks which is sort of a downer because I am ALSO doing a diet plan (protein/veggies/beans only). What are your thoughts? [/URL]
My thoughts are that a diet plan that ONLY has protein, veggies and beans isn't sustainable long-term. No fat? No fruit? No whole grains, even in moderation?

If I remember correctly, Brazilian Butt Lift is a work-out video, correct? More exercise isn't going to hurt but I would really reconsider your diet. You've got to find something you can do long-term and limiting yourself to such a narrow scope of food isn't a long-term plan.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #6  

Hi everybody!

Thanks for all of the input - let me talk about the diet a little bit because I feel like I've given it a bad rap. It's really not bad and I've actually grown to like having a routine of what I eat. Fat - YES. There's fat in pretty much anything and definitely in proteins (beef, chicken with skin on, pepperoni, etc). I don't think that the problem is my diet.

The Firm Express I have been doing 5 times a week, following the workout plan set forth by the dvds. They're 20 minutes in length, but they're REALLY intense. Like..dripping with sweat after 20 minutes.

Brazil butt lift IS workout program. It's a 60 day program that I already own, just never had enough time to do. Obviously adding more exercise can't hurt, I know that, I was just wondering if anyone had done it before/how they liked it, if they had added it to something, etc.

My Weight Loss Journey
AlexandraJoy is offline   Reply With Quote