South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 07:08 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Wednesday, January 4th

I see chickies pecking around so will start us up and then come back to edit. More coffee needed now.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! I set my alarm earlier for more coffee/computer/Chickie time.

Ruth, What does it say under your name? I recognize 'good'. Friday is 12th Night -- the first day of the Mardi Gras season. My sister told me to get a King Cake. I told her that King Cake looks bad on my butt!

Getting back on a healthy eating plan has been going well. Going back to work has helped. I threw all the junk out of the conference room yesterday. It was old anyway.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

How about we all say to heck with it and stay huddled under the covers today?

They did surgery on Jake yesterday and he did well, although it took 4 hours. Loooooooooooong morning in the waiting room with outdated magazines and terrible coffee. I did run out once to the Wawa down the street for coffee, and I should have brought back a thermos full of it.

We were home by 2, and I headed off to work until 7, so it was a long day.

Chelby, what makes a King Cake so special?
Old 01-04-2012, 07:44 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Back with more coffee which seems needed around here.

Chelby, "Mon pays, c'est l'hiver", means "My country is winter" and is from a song by Giles Vigneault a Canadian singer. Remember, we are officially a bilingual country. I didn't realize Mardi Gras season started so soon down there - I was thinking the Tuesday before Ash Wednesday - but of course it's for Epiphany and the arrival of the Wise Men.

Linda, so glad Jake is through that operation now. Too bad you didn't have your Kindle along. By the way, I got a Kobo (similar) for Christmas and still haven't mastered it. I think I'm losing my techie smarts as I age!

The dogs bumped the kitchen door open last night around 3 and joined me in bed. I guess they were too cold in the back room because they sure snuggled in. Jazz would worm his way under the covers if I allowed it.

This morning I have things to do around the house, including about an hour of quilting, and then will drop them at the kennel on my way to Ottawa. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon after a good visit with my friend Shirleyanne. I was considering some shopping but will wait until I check my Mastercard bill. I am vewy afwaid!

Happy Hump Day, Beachies.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 157/136.5/140

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Good morning all, just having my first cup of coffee before I get ready for work. Weather here is fantastic for January in Saskatchewan , we are expecting highs of plus 3 Celsius ( that's low forties) we often are dealing with minus 20-30 or even minus 40 at this time of year. Yesterday was day on of phase 1 restart, went fairly well other than I didn't get enough water and by bedtime I was hungry. I plan to get more water in today because I'm expecting detox to hit any time now. Well, I better get ready for work so have a great day.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Hi, Blue, and welcome to the Beach. It's nice to see another Canadian here. Yes, that is pretty mild for winter out there.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good Morning, chicks! It is very frigid here today. I felt for my poor babies going out into the dark cold morning as I poured myself another cup of tea. I think I accidentally double-dosed my thyroid med yesterday, and I feel great today. I haven't felt this positive or had this much energy in quite a while. Hopefully, the doctor will bump up my dosage next week; I think it'll make a huge difference. We're trying to settle into our winter routine. DH is away until early May, and I hope to be well back on track by the time he gets home. Looking forward to eating clean and feeling good!

Chel, how did the cauliflower cakes turn out?
Old 01-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Morning, all.

Yoga yesterday was great! But hard. And, my leg bothered me the rest of the day. Sigh. But I'm going to ignore that and try to go back twice a week for a while.

This morning an electrician is coming to fix the short (or whatever it is) since DH could not. He was so frustrated to have to call in someone!

And my goal for the day is to finally take down the Christmas tree.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Yesterday was a slammin' busy day at work so I'm happy $$. When I got home we packed the car and sit in Glenwood this morning. Mom and sis will arrive at 930 then we'll plan our day. I have some decluttering to do at mom's which I'd better attack very soon.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-04-2012, 09:36 AM   #10  
sophie

good morning,

Today I am grateful that DD and family are safe at home. The major highway they take was closed and there were 4 fatalities and 3 injuries. They took at 150km detour and when they got there that highway was closed too so another 150km detour. Finally after 10 hrs they got home (this trip should take about 5hrs maximum). Also so grateful for a cell phone that we could keep in touch and see what was happening. A friend whose daughter lives in that direction told me they always celebrate Christmas at the end of September. Now I know why.
Off to organize a shopping list, have to tighten our belt in January.
Hope everyone has a good on plan day.
take care
Sophie
Old 01-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Good morning, everyone! Finally have a kitchen fully stocked with SBD goodies, although we forgot cheese . Going back today to stock up on cheese, then we will be set!

Off to drink more coffee and make some breakfast.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 01-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #12  

Height: 5'8"

Morning everyone! It's been so difficult to get out of bed in the morning, and I just don't seem to have the head to start the daily if no one else has. But whatever.

For today (at least) and the last couple of days I seem to be in a place of extraordinary acceptance about my body. It feels great and I'm not really having any difficulty staying on plan at least for right now. Praying this good feeling continues...hope everyone has a great day.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #13  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Happy Wednesday all!
Getting up to go to the gym @ 5am was TOUGH today! Of course, felt great when I got there, I am always shocked when I say this, but I LOVE working out! I love the way it makes me feel!!

Back on plan, love clean eating.
Have a great day!
Old 01-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone,

Wish I could have stayed in bed this morning, I am getting sick with a cold and with day 4 of Phase 1 and TOm it just makes it feel worse.

Hope everyone is staying warm, have a good day
Old 01-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #15  

Hi everyone. I am new to the boards but not SB. The 1st time doing SB was about 7 years ago and had great success. Then I fell off the band wagon. I tried doing SB a few times more but with no success. I guess I wasn't prepared. I now weigh more than when I delivered my son NO MORE!
As of yesterday ALL goodies are out of my house and I went SB grocery shopping yesterday Now to chop, chop, chop so I am prepared.
Today is the start of the new me. Wish me luck
Closed Thread