South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 06:39 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Tuesday SBD Daily Chat, 1-3-2012

Good Morning

It's a work day here so I'm busy getting my chores done. I think we're going to travel West after I get off work today so I have some organizing to do.

Coffee is on my agenda.

What's happening in your neck of the woods?? Stop by and chat
Old 01-03-2012, 06:46 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning SSDD around here, laundry, a little cleaning, then off to spend the day at the hospital with DW. Hoping for good things happening there. Right now I'm just drinking coffee and working up to going outside to start the car. It suddenly got very cold out and I really hate cold

Time to plan out some meals so I don't give in to hospital food court food.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Debbie, and those to come.

First on my agenda for today is to accompany Jake to the dermatologist. He has a basal cell melanoma on his nose, and is finally getting it taken care of. I'll head over to the farm afterwards, and am taking the girls out shopping for new sneakers after school this afternoon. Then we'll try to get a little homework done before dropping off Audrey at gymnastics.

It feels like winter today!
Old 01-03-2012, 06:53 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Cyndi, I am so sorry to hear about Julie. I seem to have totally missed this info between work and not checking FB. My heart goes out to you both in the biggest way. Take care, friend.

Linda, I'm glad Jake's appt has finally rolled around. I hope all goes well today.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 01-03-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:55 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hi Cottage. So glad he is finally getting that taken care of. I hope it goes smoothly and he isn't too uncomfortable.

Debbie - Thanks. Some days it just doesn't even seem like something I want to mention, old news. She will definitely be there through Friday because they are doing the 5 day IV treatment again. Hope that does the trick
Old 01-03-2012, 07:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Tell Julie I am thinking of her, Cyndi, and take care of yourself, too!
Old 01-03-2012, 07:25 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Brrrrr! We are -28ºF after being at 49ºF yesterday and the house is creaking. The dogs did the fastest potty trip on record. My coffee sure tastes great this morning.

Debbie, every time you mention your travel schedule start to sing "The bear went over the mountain"!

Cyndi, I'm thinking about you and Julie a lot these days. It's such a hard time for you both. Fingers crossed that the IV treatment works well this time with lasting results.

Linda, tell Jake to be a brave boy this morning. Actually, don't tell him that or he'll go into curmudgeon mode. I hope your cold has abated.

Well, I had planned to go to town today to get my glasses changed (scratched lens from a fall) but it's too frassing cold out there. I think I'll snuggle in with more coffee and finish machine quilting a quilting biddy's quilt so I can hand it over for binding at Friday's meeting. The dogs are having a kennel stay tomorrow and Thursday as I'll in Ottawa visiting my friend Shirleyanne so I must finish it today.

Have a cozy day if you are in this cold snap. Canadians are a hardy lot but this one is wimping out at home today.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Linda - Hope all goes well today. I've had melanoma (leg) and 2 basal cell carcinoma (face).

Big step for me today... trying yoga again! I haven't been (not counting my spa trip when I did chair yoga) in almost 2 years. I stopped because of an unrelated injury that took months of recovery. But this is a good way to ease back into exercise that hopefully will help, not hurt, my calf injury. I hate that I'm going now since it will be packed at the gym.

Namaste
Old 01-03-2012, 07:41 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

It's cold all the way down here. 21 degrees now. I don't like it! I'm running late. Have to go back to work today. Hope my car will start in this weather! At least it's dry. Happy Tuesday, Chickies!
Old 01-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Cold here too. Waiting for DD to show up to pick up things she forgot and some clothing I bought for grandson. I do hope they don't hit any snow squalls on the way up north. Otherwise it will be an on plan day, it was yesterday and it feels great.
take care
Sophie
Old 01-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #11  

Height: 5'8"

Hey everybody,
A late check in for me today - back to school and work, plus it's freezing really for the first time so it was hard to gather all the hats and mittens this morning! Work today, and then church annual meeting at night, no big deal, just informative. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Well I'm a newbie and just wanted to say hi! And also... Cyndi , but I'm so sorry to hear about the stress you and your family are under. My heart goes out to you and I hope that this treatment does the trick for her...Cottagebythesea good vibes to you and your family as well!

It's freezing here, too! I think December duped me into thinking "oh, winter isn't so bad..." but it is absolutely bone chilling. Brrr.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Quick drop in for me today, have to leave for afternoon meetings.

Cyndi and Cottage sending prayers your way that everything goes smoothly.

Day 3 of Phase 1 and I have the dreaded headache despite eating my veggies, beans and dairy just shows how bad I was eating off plan again.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Drive-by post. Day two is going good...working tonight, so had SBD friendly work food: lunch was sauteed zucchini with some sausage, tomatoes and cheese on top under the broiler. Now having a chopped salad with greens, some meat, etc. Snacks haven't been happening yet, but I will get better at that!

Looks like it is cold everywhere! Hugs to you both, Cyndi. Cottage, hope everything went great with Jake's derm appt.

Have a great night everyone!
Old 01-04-2012, 01:17 AM   #15  

Location: South Beacher...In the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Height: 5'9

It's the end of the day and trying to get in the groove here!

Prayers and thoughts out to you that have health issues you are dealing with

Just wanted to pop in and say hi, Today was day 1 for me back on SB after many, many, did I say many months...

I have to confess, in my fall for whatever, desperation diet mode a few months back, I even did Medifast, since almost every woman I knew was doing it and looked so fabulous! I fell for that and spend ALOT of money on dried up space food!

Not trying to find fault with MF, I know it works for some. I did lose a bit, then as soon as I started eating again, I gained it all back, only to further remind me, those plans do not work for me, nor will they ever.
I can FINALLY see, I am a person that does best with eating real food and keeping it healthy and no sugar! SB has always been good to me, so why the heck do I mess it up! I am working on that one!

Whew...I get tired of fighting myself...So today went ok, just working on getting those first few days under the belt and feeling like I got it again...Thanks for all the support and so nice to read everyone else's stories!
Good night~
Closed Thread