Old 09-15-2011, 01:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW 255/220/155

Height: 5.5

Default Quest Bars?

Obviously not for induction, but I was just wondering if anyone has tried or used then?
I actually ordered a sample from them, but then I moved so its either lost in the mail or someone else is enjoying it lol.

Anyways with all the talk about sugar alcohols it really stuck out buuut I also hate when things are available online..

Here is the nutritional info..
http://www.questproteinbar.com/store...egory=#details
I cant copy it but here is a list of ingredients

Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate), Isomalto-Oligosaccharide* (100% Natural Prebiotic Fiber), Almonds, Water, Freeze-Dried Blueberries and Strawberries, Natural Flavors, Sea Salt, Lo Han Guo, Sucralose.

Going to search the forums outside of here to see if anyone else has talked about it too lol.
spaghetticat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:16 PM   #2  

I got the free samples - I thought they were OK - but I prefer Pure Protein bars (with sugar alcohol). I did order the new Quest chocolate bars (they wouldn't send me a free sample of that one!), so I'm hopeful I'll like it better. They weren't bad, just other things I'd rather have..hope you enjoy and one day, you get your samples!!
LoveChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Height: 5'4"

I just ordered two boxes today. I got the box of the three new varieties and a box of peanut butter. I can't wait to try them!
becca1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:28 PM   #4  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Quest are my go-to protein bars. I like the Peanut Butter and the Chocolate Brownie. What I love about them is that the net carbs are low because there are 15 grams of fiber in each. There are no sugar alcohols either. I think it's a great product.
calee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:34 AM   #5  

So I caved and bought a sampler box. Realy good actually. Trying to figure out a plan with them but otherwise pretty good!
The texture was not what I expected, and they taste okay regularly, but much better if you microwave them for like 12 seconds.
They said you can stick it in your pocket for a few mins too if you dont have a microwave- havent tried that. I think these are my new go to bars!
Old 12-02-2011, 10:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 234/225/180

Height: 5'3

I know...different bars but you guys should try the Atkins "Coconut Almond Delight Bar" if you ever in the mood for something sweet. They taste just like candy bars to me and they are good to use in any of the phases, including induction. Just remember not to over do it on the sweets, I am limiting myself to 1-2 a week.
LaCreadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:45 AM   #7  

You know I love the atkins bars, I think those ones taste like almond mounds or something, I was just trying to get away from the sugar alcohol because, well my tummy doesnt like it :P
Old 12-02-2011, 11:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 234/225/180

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaghetticat View Post
You know I love the atkins bars, I think those ones taste like almond mounds or something, I was just trying to get away from the sugar alcohol because, well my tummy doesnt like it :P

They do taste like almond mounds which I loveeeeeeeeeee and the sugar alcohol does nothing to me so I just have to becareful that I don't over do it them. I keep my bar at work b/c I am do better at work and I am taking 1 bar home for the weekend.
LaCreadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:17 PM   #9  

I FLOVE Quest bars! Love the flavors, love even better heated. Love the fact that there are NO sugar alcohols. Love that the highest carb one is 24 total, with around 18-20 grams of fiber.

Love Love Love
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:17 PM   #10  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I've been thinking about the Quest bars (although not sure if I can get them in the UK) because the sugar alcohols have a very unfortunate effect on me.....
Do you eat them as a snack or a meal replacement?
Thanks.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

My low carb aunt bought the ATkins hazel nut bars - gave me one. AWESOME. Strong hazelnut taste, dark chocolate, very good.

I keep wanting to buy some Quest bars - to help keep me out the candy machine in the afternoons. I've just been too "holiday broke" to order luxuries right now.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:17 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansas Kel View Post
My low carb aunt bought the ATkins hazel nut bars - gave me one. AWESOME. Strong hazelnut taste, dark chocolate, very good.

I keep wanting to buy some Quest bars - to help keep me out the candy machine in the afternoons. I've just been too "holiday broke" to order luxuries right now.
You might want to google Jimmy Moore and check the Livin' la Vida Low Carb forums - I believe they have a link in the forums to request free samples....I liked them, but they're not a staple. The chocolate brownie is excellent when heated in the microwave. Happy holidays!!
LoveChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:17 PM   #13  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCreadora View Post
I know...different bars but you guys should try the Atkins "Coconut Almond Delight Bar" if you ever in the mood for something sweet. They taste just like candy bars to me and they are good to use in any of the phases, including induction. Just remember not to over do it on the sweets, I am limiting myself to 1-2 a week.
The Atkins bars are not for Induction contrary to what the label says. They contain ingredients that are not on the acceptable foods list (milk, soy, peanuts).
You may want to read this article, it is a real eye opener.

http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19059967.php

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 12-08-2011 at 06:27 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:38 PM   #14  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl View Post
The Atkins bars are not for Induction contrary to what the label says. They contain ingredients that are not on the acceptable foods list (milk, soy, peanuts).
You may want to read this article, it is a real eye opener.

http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19059967.php
Great link (as always) JG . . . I've bookmarked it, too tired tonight to follow the links within the article now. I've always been interested in the science behind Atkins but even NOT knowing the science, I always knew the "net" carb phenom really stalled out my weight loss (and triggered cravings.)
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:21 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

ok, i ordered me up some quest bars. had the cinnamon roll one microwaved. OMG. that was not funky food at all. it was yummy. do again yummy.

Today had the PB&J one. good, but not as good as the cinnamon roll.

And best of all, i'm losing weight eating eating about 1 per day! (of quest bars)
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote