View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #12
Blitz2726

S/C/G: 200/188/150

Height: 5'6"

I agree. Just cutting meat and/or dairy/eggs out of your diet won't help you lose weight alone. I think that becoming a vegetarian/vegan makes you more aware of what you eat, which can make you healthier, by choosing healthy food to eat, or it can make you less healthy, by choosing to eat chips and salsa all the time. Most people just assume all vegetarians/vegans are skinny because you ARE cutting out a lot of calories, but that's just not true; in order to lose weight it's your lifestyle that needs to change, not just your diet. With that said, I've heard so many good things about Weight Watchers (it's even praised in my school's nursing books!). My boyfriends Mum is using it and she has not only lost weight, but is able to eat healthier. Weight Watchers is one of the most sustainable weight loss programs that makes you change how you see eating, not just how many calories you ingest. I wouldn't really recommend any weight loss plans that involve crash dieting or counting calories, because you'll just gain that weight back once you stop the diet.

Best of luck!

Last edited by Blitz2726 : 12-18-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Blitz2726 is offline   Reply With Quote