Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-01-2011, 10:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/maintaining 135ish

Height: 5'6"

Default exercise shorts that are not so ... short?

Does anyone know where I might be able to find women's loose-fit exercise shorts which are not so short? Like maybe half-way to knee, up to knee length? I have been buying the standard women's track-wear at Marshalls/Sports Authority kind of places, which were fine when I was in high school, but now I am getting middle aged, I feel like they reveal some inner-thigh issues I have too much! Also I am in a conservative country and although there are mostly expatriates in the gym, I notice people don't wear the short-shorts very much.

Skorts/tennis shorts would work also. I have tried compression shorts but they tend to reveal parts I would rather not expose, and also I sweat a lot (so prefer looser-fit). Any material which is a quick-drying type, so not terry or anything like that.

I'm going to be back in the US for Christmas so either online places or brick and mortar stores (as long as they are chains that exist in the midwest, specifically Minnesota).
bronzeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Target has a lot of shorts in their outerwear section that would probably be long enough. They have such a varied collection and they're CHEAP! I recommend Champion brand.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

I get basketball style mesh shorts at sports authority that go close to the knee.
spetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #4  

Yes, someone else here told me I should check in the basketball section at the sports store, so I will try that. I haven't seen any long Champion shorts in the Minnesota Targets (maybe it's local fashion) but I did find some by googling "knee length", so I have ordered a pair from the Champion web site. The reviews emphasized that they were really ugly! but definitely long, so I''m hoping they will work. Thanks for the help.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:17 PM   #5  

I've been very happy with the workout shorts I've found at Academy... but I see on their website there aren't any stores in Minnesota... not to worry, though, you can order from their website...

hugs
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:02 PM   #6  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

A couple of random ideas if those don't end up working.

Skirt Sports makes really cute skirts and can come with several different length pants beneath them from bike short length to capri to full length pant. I've seen them in several of the running stores we have around here too. I think their site gives a list of the stores that carry them.

Their full prices are steep but Sierra Trading Post sometimes clearances out some of their stuff for a good deal. STP regularly doles out coupon codes (automatically added by clicking on link in their email) if you are on their email list, but it's sometimes good to put it on a secondary email account if you have one cause I probably get at least one email a day from them. They can be kind of picked over in sizes or colors but when they do have something I want in my size and have a decent coupon code, the price is almost always the best I can find.

I really like Lucy's Propel shorts but those might not be long enough for what you have in mind. They are a 5" inseam I think the site said. They are a bit above my knees for me though I am 5'2". Definitely longer than other running shorts I have though and really nice. http://www.lucy.com/Propel%20Woven%2...r=LUCY%20BLACK

Last edited by Somni; 12-04-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Somni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:47 AM   #7  

Wow, those Skirt Sports pieces are adorable. The Academy prices are really good though. I think I'm going to forward all these ideas to Santa and make him decide... and then get the other ones post-Christmas.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 287/265/200

Height: 5'5

I wear capri's when I work out, I can't do pants, and short shorts are a no-go (for now!) Walmart has a good selection of stuff, (Danskin) Target has Champion, But here sometimes it can be a bit pricey.
Just Sloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetty View Post
I get basketball style mesh shorts at sports authority that go close to the knee.
Same here. I also loooooove my yoga pants.
ArtyKay is offline   Reply With Quote