Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 12:07 AM   #1  
Discouraged

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy P.I.N.K. method?

Today I watched Dr.. Phil, and he introduced this new diet craze, and I think he said he even endorses it? They don't tell you very much about the eating part, mostly about the exercise, and the 3 dvd's of exercise. It is supposedly designed just for women, and it claims you can lose 30 lbs. by the "Holidays". It says you will lose the weight fast, and keep it off. It supposedly walks you through every step of the way, what to eat, and not eat. The gals ofcourse are all young, I am in my 50's. Has anyone tried this, or is it too new??? I would like to lose 50 lbs. for sure, for health reasons ofcourse, and my own self esteem. I hate myself right now..........
Old 11-29-2011, 12:46 AM   #2  

I so agree I would love to know more about the diet part of it. What can I eat? They showed soup and a shake I would hope there is some real food in there as well. I emailed the customer service part of their site to ask if they allow you to eat meat as well as the calories set for the diet, I'll let you know if I hear back.

It sure looked good but I do have my doubts
Old 11-29-2011, 04:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I am with you....looked more like a plug by Dr. Phil to help out these three ladies than a lifestyle change that could truly help someone the rest of their life..it seemed like it focused on exercise moves rather than on diet...also, did the show ever mention if ANY of those ladies had EVER been overweight? I get angry when I see the 30 pounds in 30 days thing..not my experience and from being on 3FC the last few years, that isnt the experience of most here
Old 11-29-2011, 08:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

To the OP -- First of all,

It sounds like you are very unhappy and hoping for some new magic thing.

But have you browsed the inspiring 3FC success stories? Many successes here are built on old-fashioned calorie counting, often with add-ons that make the approach work better for each individual. Some folks focus their diets on whole foods or low carb or just plan cc ("eat whatever you want" as long as it's within range).

There are other dimensions to consider as well... support groups (like TOPS, OA or WW in addition to 3FC), behavioral modification (Beck), convenience (prepackaged plans).

My point is, you should probably not be swayed by what marketers are trying to sell you in TV/radio/magazine/website ads, and instead look at the wealth of experience folks here at 3FC have had. Find folks with a similar story to yours and maybe try their approach. If that doesn't work, try something else, but you will be upping your odds of success if you see what has worked for other people instead of buying the latest fad.

I truly wish you the best of luck.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:04 AM   #5  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
I am with you....looked more like a plug by Dr. Phil to help out these three ladies than a lifestyle change that could truly help someone the rest of their life..it seemed like it focused on exercise moves rather than on diet...also, did the show ever mention if ANY of those ladies had EVER been overweight? I get angry when I see the 30 pounds in 30 days thing..not my experience and from being on 3FC the last few years, that isnt the experience of most here
I'm guessing the diet was very low cal to put up those kind of numbers with that amount of exercise. The amount of exercise was not much and was touted as being "doable for anyone". Since they focused on exercise on the show yesterday, my guess is the entire deal is about the diet (not going to give away the good stuff for FREE).

"No decisions" sounds like it is a "eat exactly this, without diverting from this you have to eat THIS today and THAT tomorrow and if you dont have exactly that well then you cant blame us if you dont get spectacular results"

To the OP...it is VERY new. I did some research on it yesterday and NOBODY has reviewed it. There are a couple of websites that usually review and give the nutshell summary (being careful not to get sued for giving TOO much info) on every diet out there and they had no mention of it at all.

As a woman I was kind of insulted by the repeated statements that other workouts were just too complex for my fluffy pink brain and body.

Last edited by ennay; 11-29-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:52 PM   #6  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I googled it to death but couldn't find much on it. (Not that I'm unhappy with my Dukan, I just like reading up about diets)
The website gives away absolutely nothing about content, until you stump up the cash. I don't like that.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'9"

Lightbulb just bought it

I happen to be a huge fan of Dr. Phil, as a social worker it is refreshing to see a show that doesn't claim to preform '30 minute miracles'! (plus I love to throw some of his catch phrases at my children and watch em squirm, lol) I watched most of his show on the P.I.N.K method (as a mom of 3 I don't have time to watch all of anything anymore, lol) My understanding of the program is that there are 3 phases to the workout portion and each builds on the one before. I think the reason the show focused on the first phase being doable is because, lets face it, when you are very overweight many of the workout videos are in fact undoable to a degree!! Phase one provides a strengthening base (a strong core) to then move on to phase 2 to which is designed to build definition and tone before moving on to phase 3 which increases the intensity of the workout in order to avoid plateau. My understanding of the nutritional aspect of the program is that with the exception of phase 2? (maybe phase three, I can't remember) when there is apparantly some type of stew that is incorporated, you may choose from many different types of foods (specifically whole foods) to serve a variety of dietary needs like vegan and lactose intolerance using recipes provided. The website does say that the program is designed for those in 'normal health' not for diabetes etc without consulting a doctor. Don't know for sure firsthand yet because I literally JUST ordered it, but there is also a 30 day money back guarantee which I fully intend to use if it turns out that the program requires following a exact meal plan, 2 of my children have special dietary needs and at this point I know myself well enough to know that I don't have the willpower to eat broccoli and carrots while serving burgers and pasta (my 2 favorite foods!). Will let you know when it arrives (4 - 9 days) what the nutritional part entails I am actually excited to get started! Haven't felt this ready in years!
Old 11-30-2011, 11:55 AM   #8  

Looking it up on WHOIS, they have their info on privacy which makes me super suspicious. No offence to true newbies, but the number of people with only one post in this thread makes me think the PINK Method marketers are going all out to try to build a chatter on the interwebs by creating fake profiles (like that Rocket company does for their language programs...though they have evolved to creating fake review sites and blogs too in order to promote their sub-par product)

ETA: From the legal mumbo jumbo on their site:
Quote:
NO MEDICAL OR PERSONAL ADVICE
This Web Site, its Content (including any information provided by users) is for informational and entertainment purposes only and is not intended to replace or substitute for any professional medical, health, financial, legal, or other advice. We are not in the business of providing professional medical or health care advice.
And later...
Quote:
If you link to this Web Site you may link only to the home page, and the link must be in plain text, unless otherwise pre-approved in writing by us. The link to this Web Site must not damage, dilute or tarnish the goodwill associated with our names or any of our other intellectual property
I would link directly to it, but sadly my post count is still too low.

ETA2: Also the lawyer behind the incorporation has been on Dr Phil a few times as part of his legal panel. I'm starting to wonder if Dr Phil himself is braving the weightloss market again even after his lawsuit fail in 2006.

Last edited by TheCuriosity; 11-30-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'9"

I assure you I am no marketer, we all have to start somewhere on this site. which I found by actually googling pink method btw. I hope that I am simply misunderstanding what you meant by the comment about 1-posters because I take that to mean that because I am excited about trying to get back into shape and I admit to being a dr. phil fan and this just so happened to be the thread that introduced me to 3fc that I must not be on the up n up...
Old 11-30-2011, 01:39 PM   #10  

Yeah I am not talking about you specifically necessarily, it just seemed rather curious with so many in one thread pushing it. Hence why I said I meant no offence to "true newbies".

I've been admin at boards in the past that when this pattern happens, it was 100% a marketing thing (as per where the one time posters all having IPs that pointed to the same place which happen to be where the item being sold was) I'm obviously no admin here and just a newbie myself, but I am still very suspicious of anything tooted at the 'new best thing' and charge an arm and a leg for it when all the info is available for free.

So sorry if I scared you. I am not a sample of the typical person here (everyone seems really nice and motivating, I am a little rough around the edges.) But Dr Phil has a history with bad products. Google "Settlement reached on Dr. Phil diet plan" and it should be the first link.

Last edited by TheCuriosity; 11-30-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:29 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 268/263/175

Height: 5 ft. 2 in.

This was on "The Doctors" too. I agree, the women were all young and not near as overweight as I am. I know I have to start somewhere, but let's face it, I'm not going to, nor do I want to look like those ladies.

It's just another marketing thing in my eyes. One that I will not be participating in. I've bought into Atkins, Oprah's stuff, and so on...nothing worked long term. That is until I did what was right for me....until I got lazy!
Old 12-05-2011, 02:03 AM   #12  

Default Hey girls

I've never posted on here...but I found this site when trying to research the PINK method myself. I want you all to know that I myself did not purchase this, but my best friend did and made me a journal. I was in the process of buying a new car, and she was texting me asking me if I want to do it, and I just hurried and texted back, "ya" and she gave me a journal later that night. So anyways, that was Friday. So, here I am on reset day # 2 lol. I currently weigh 163, and hope to get down to 133 eventually. Oh man, I have done every fad diet, and used to lose 18 lbs in three days for a pageant or modeling convention. So here I am now, being very skeptical, but supporting my friend and her cute lil PINK journal she helped me make. So far the "Pink" DRINK is very good, the one with strawberries, and the videos look awesome. I did DO insanity, and these videos are way more mellow. The first girl in the video seems like a REAL woman, and reminds me of me, like what I can achieve realistically. So anyways, I am trying it myself, just because I LOVE my best friend. I guess I have nothing to lose but weight, especially since shes so kind. But I feel good day # 2 (no working out yet) but went to the gym with my husband. So anyways...i can tell ya'll a lil about it if you want. I did south beach for 4 months and lost 50lbs, kept it off since 2009, and gained 13 lbs.....so my official goal is not 150 but 133. So no rush, but I guess if you stick to anything with good eating and exercise you will lose. This cute PINK method just seems more mellow, and real women with encouraging journal info, recipes, and guides. So I am in, and maybe I will buy my own soon..lol
Old 12-05-2011, 02:29 AM   #13  

Default opps newbie

I wasn't sure I was an official newbie til I had to make an account. In 2005 I was on a thread doing atkins, and it was soo much fun, I thought this was the same thing, but oh well opps, so I am a newbie...lol I am not a hoaxie seller just googles PINk and found this thread, but I understand marketing scams. I honestly prob wont be on here a lot this week because I have finals for college. So here are some quick reviews for some questions I seen posted..or curiosities:
Price: So so I guess...I didnt pay yet, but think it was like 70 for my friend
Accounts: They provide online accounts for buyers of the product, to have chats, info, and more recipes or something on their site.
Journal: 1 jounral/book with a pink ribbon thingy with a daily schedule book. The journal clearly explains correct veggies, fruits, meats,recipes, blender drinks, seasonings, phases, and dates.
The videos: I think there are 4 or 5. There are three women teaching and one woman is like the scientist who explains stuff.
There is a phase called reset which lasts a certain amount of days according to your weight and height. So mine is 10 days. During these days you do not have to do the videos. So during these reset days you need to eat low carbs, (don't need lots of carbs if not working out) and a pink drink for breakfast. And lean meats and lots of veggies. (I think i am good with this because of southbeach experience)
Age? I guess it depends on mobility. The workouts seem a little easy to me, but only because I was doing insanity before my wedding this year. There are girls demonstrating exercises with light weights and without. May be a little fast paced for those who struggle with posture or bad pains. But those who are even unable to dance, do yoga, or what not, could pick up moves and sets, because you would reuse videos and get the hang of it.
FAD? Maybe? and yes to those who own: P90 X, Insanity, atkins books, southbeach books, lemon diet info, Hollywood diet, Jillian DvD's, etc. (me lol). If there is a way you can create yourself a schedule of eating correct and watching ur old videos than do so. But for some reason I am doing this with my friend to be nice, and why not? Its not hurting my wallet yet, and seems more maintainable then my crazy insanity stuff lol.
THe top reason I lost 50 lbs on Southbeach is because I was dedicated to the bone, and didn't eat a cookie for 3 months lol. But I do want a cookie in like a month, so I am hopping I can have one with this, lol...so anyways..I hope it answers some questions. I am not saying it is a miracle, or even going to work....but I will try my best to update anyone if they want, I cannot believe how new it is..I think since like NOV 28th...thats the day it aired?when I googled it
Old 12-05-2011, 03:32 AM   #14  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

What is the Pink drink?
Old 12-05-2011, 05:51 AM   #15  

New diets pop up like mushrooms in the rain this time of year.

After Jauary 1st there will be sooo many people starting new diets for the New year.
New diet plans are out there trying to get a head start on the January rush.
You'll see them being touted on most weight loss forums now.

If I lost 30 pounds in 30 days I would get saggy, baggy skin. I don't want to end up with bat wings looking like a flying squirrel, or with 2 little shriveled up prunes in a AAA bra. I have been losing just 1 pound/week just to avoid saggy skin. So far I have been successful.

And I count my calories. It is the only way that works for me. I have dropped over 50 pounds slowly over the last year, and have changed my eating habits along the way, so that I can maintain my weight loss for life.

Journal: I enter my calories into a daily log on LoseIt.com. It's a free website anyone can join.

Accounts: I come to 3fatchicks.com for support. And that is also free and most helpful to me.

Price: And counting my calories is also a free and a time-tested way of losing weight.

Videos: I can get all sorts of free videos on YouTube and thrift stores related to weight loss.

Fad?: Calorie Counting isn't a fad. It has been around for decades now.

And I am not denied any foods on my diet. I just count them into my daily log.
Closed Thread