Old 11-27-2011, 10:29 AM   #1  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Default Hey you losers out there! :-) Food Diaries plz

I am amazed that i have stuck to the MRC diet plan as long as i have (since Aug.) and have been successful. The suggestions and food, shake tips on this board has contributed hugely to my success. I want to continue to be a "Loser" and don't want to get bored. Can you help me out w/ sharing some of your daily food diaries ON Plan? below is a sample of one of my days OP....

B-fast
Egg and 1 oz. colby cheese scrambled (microwaved in a mug)
1/4 cup old fashioned oatmeal w/ cinnamon and splenda or Cinnamon toast (lite wheat bread w/ spray butter and cinnamon)

Snack
Pink Lemonade HNS

Lunch
1/2 Grapefruit w/ splenda and cinnamon or 1/2 cup thawed frozen strawberries or 1/4 cup thawed frozen blueberries
Salad or cut up veggies (celery, cukes, radishes, mushrooms)
Lean flank steak or grilled chicken (red meat 3 times/week)

Snack
Chocolate Truffle shake

Snack
Pink Lemonade HNS

Dinner
Salad or 4 oz. steamed broccoli, squash, green beans
Flank steak, chicken or Turkey
4 Garlic or 3 pepper Melba rounds

or Tacos w/ ground turkey and small 50 cal. tortilla shell (i toast the shell and put on bottom, pile lots of lettuce, cukes, tomatoes on top and the 4 oz taco meat. or 3 oz meat and 1 0z shredded cheese

Snack
Chocolate Truffle shake or Vanilla protein shake

10 glasses of water

if i'm super busy at work, i'll have a protein bar for lunch and some veggies.

Please share what a typical day for you would be. This plan works and look at all this food we get to eat! :-) and still lose weight!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:29 PM   #2  

I'm on the green menu now (I was only on it for 1 day last week before going off program the rest of the week) so this is my plan:

Breakfast:
1 oz hard cheese melted on 45 calorie bread
1 hard boiled egg
coffee
HNS with 1 multivitamin, 1 krill, and 3 MSM

Lunch:
4 oz protein (usually turkey because it's easiest, but could be leftover chicken or tuna on the days I'm sick of turkey)
8 oz combined lettuce & cucumber with Walden Farm dressing or a Wishbone spritzer
fruit

Snack if needed:
HNS

Dinner:
This is where it's going to vary for me. Now that I'm on the green menu there are a lot more recipes in the MRC cookbook I can have and I plan on trying them all! So far I've really enjoyed the Mexican Chicken Soup, Mary's Marinade on chicken, and Buffalo Chicken Bites.

If my dinner does not include bread (like the Buffalo Chicken Bites includes Melba toast in the recipe) then I always make a piece of cinnamon toast. It's a nice treat.

I drink a minimum of 64 oz of water a day. I carry a 16 oz Klean Kanteen bottle with me at all times and make sure I drink at least 4 of them. I aim for two bottles before lunch, one bottle after lunch, and one bottle after dinner. I work on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9-12 so I eat lunch a little later on those days and I can usually drink 3 bottles of water before lunch then.

Last edited by 1bighog; 11-27-2011 at 12:51 PM.
1bighog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:55 AM   #3  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bighog View Post
I'm on the green menu now (I was only on it for 1 day last week before going off program the rest of the week) so this is my plan:

Breakfast:
1 oz hard cheese melted on 45 calorie bread
1 hard boiled egg
coffee

Lunch:
4 oz protein (usually turkey because it's easiest, but could be leftover chicken or tuna on the days I'm sick of turkey)
8 oz combined lettuce & cucumber with Walden Farm dressing or a Wishbone spritzer
fruit

Snack if needed:
HNS

Dinner:
This is where it's going to vary for me. Now that I'm on the green menu there are a lot more recipes in the MRC cookbook I can have and I plan on trying them all! So far I've really enjoyed the Mexican Chicken Soup, Mary's Marinade on chicken, and Buffalo Chicken Bites.

If my dinner does not include bread (like the Buffalo Chicken Bites includes Melba toast in the recipe) then I always make a piece of cinnamon toast. It's a nice treat.

I drink a minimum of 64 oz of water a day. I carry a 16 oz Klean Kanteen bottle with me at all times and make sure I drink at least 4 of them. I aim for two bottles before lunch, one bottle after lunch, and one bottle after dinner. I work on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9-12 so I eat lunch a little later on those days and I can usually drink 3 bottles of water before lunch then.
the menu sounds great...i'm experimenting too w/ different recipes so i dont get bored. i did get turkey sausage to have with one egg in the am for some variety ...my DH grilled some awesome chicken last night - used spicy Mrs. Dash and a little bit of olive oil, marinated overnight and grilled. made extra so i put in ziplock and will have that this week on salad.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote