Old 11-19-2011, 07:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Does it get easier?

Hi all-
I am new to MRC (not to dieting though!) I am really struggling with hunger, headache's and dizziness. I am on day 9 (blue menu). I had a weigh in yesterday and let the counselor know how I was feeling but she really did not have any suggestions other than if you need to start on the green menu a day early that it was okay. My weight loss has not been great either..........I actually gained 2 pounds during the preconditioning (not sure how that could happen on what I was allowed to eat!). Anyway, anyone struggle with headaches and dizziness in the beginning? Did it eventually go away?
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

I haven't had either but on my menu I sometimes struggle to eat all the food. Try the new menu and see if that helps. If not call up the center and talk to them again.
Fluffy in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Yes, I did have headaches and an overwhelming feeling of fatigue. They say it is because you are detoxing. I dont really know. If you are coming off caffeine, that could be part of it. For me, honestly, I think they have us going too long between meals. I do much better with a small snack in between and they dont want us to do that. I will sometimes have an extra HNS, but even that does not last long. I'm not one of the people on the boards here who say they never get hungry. I have not once ever struggled to eat everything. Quite the opposite. Everybody is different, I guess. I have been doing this since September, and while i dont get headaches any more, I do have bouts of low blood sugar quite frequently. I wish I knew what to tell you. I seem to feel best when i eat a big breakfast, that's one thing. I will make breakfast sausage with ground turkey breast on the weekend, then scramble it with egg whites - which i do not measure - every day. When I do that, i feel great till about 11:30 (I eat at 7, so that is saying something!)

My starting stats are the same as you! I am no poster child for MRC, but I am making progress. Stay in touch, ok?
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:15 PM   #4  

camaswa - I am with on that........I NEVER have a problem getting in all the food! I also feel that I do better with a small snack in between meals. I am doing the B12 shots and started taking metabilic glucose formula last week but the headache's and fatigue seem to be getting worse. I decided to go ahead and start the green menu today to see if that helps.

The first consultant I met with actually mentioned that I may do well on the meta-balance plan. She said I was built like her sister (bigger boned and more muscle) and that is the plan she did well on. I guess I will give the green menu a try and if the hunger, headaches and fatigue persist and I am going to make a point to see the first consultant I met with since I think she may have a better understanding of my needs.

Wow - we do have the same stat's! That will be great to have someone to relate to. Seems like everyone wears a size 6 and that will never be me! At 160 that will put me in a size 10/12/Large which I am very happy with (right now I am a 12/14/xl).
Old 11-20-2011, 02:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

that's interesting - I don't know anything about metabalance. On their website it refers to diabetes control, so it may well be better for people like us. Funny, I have repeatedly complained about hunger and low-blood sugare, but no one has had any suggestions. hmmmm.

oh - and at 160 I am probably a 10/12 also. Maybe closer to the 10. I'm now still in a 14, but some are getting too big while others are still too tight. Its maddening.
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #6  

I found the yellow & blue to be extremely fatiguing. I could not workout...I started the green a day early b/c I could not handle it. The green menu really varies as far as some days I feel great and only need the one HNS between meals, otherdays I'm STARVING...I'm sure some had to do with what my activity level has been or which protein choices I've made.
nwcgina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:12 PM   #7  
Back at it

S/C/G: 203/189/140

Height: 5'5"

I to struggled in the beginning. Loads of headaches trying to stop artificial sweeteners. It does get easier. I began in September before I found this site and day by day my metabolism grew. Stay strong.
attagirl125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #8  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Hi there...

I had a hard time the first week, also. Headaches, etc...and I KNOW that I was withdrawing from caffeine. I never did the yellow or blue menus, went straight from beige to green. I still had trouble with feeling hungry (especially between meals) and so I was told to either do my creamy HNS at that time, or eat an egg. This has helped me alot..my cheat is that I frequently will have my "fruit" from lunch around 2-3pm...

The struggles are there...for all of us Hang in there....and if you get hungry at times, don't hesitate to have a high protein snack! The alternative is likely a not great choice if you are like me!
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 192/175/165

After preconditioning they gave me the green menu. I took one look at it and said that I could not eat only 3 meals per day. I workout 6 days a week and can burn up 4-700 calories a day. They put me on metabalance and I have been losing slowly but surely...1 1/2- 2 pounds a week. I'm happy with that. 3-5 pounds/week just seemed too much and the menu too drastic. I am not 100% but follow as closely as I can. I agree with your ideas of healthy choice cheats...protein, protein, protein...
ggoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:19 PM   #10  

Well, I am starting the meta-balance plan today. I had yet another headache when I went into the center yesterday for weigh in so the counselor suggested I switch to the meta-balance plan. They think I am just not getting enough calories since I am still getting afternoon hunger headache's and dizziness I think I will do much better on this plan, since it is 3 meals plus 3 snacks. I know I won't have the 3-5 pound weekly loss on this plan, but I am not having that kind of loss on the meta-slim either!