Old 11-17-2011, 11:17 PM   #1  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Default Skinny? me?

just this past week, people have noticed i've lost weight... i don't know if it was what i was wearing (fitted jacket and pants) or my new haircut (shorter) but three people called me Skinny! this past week. i was like, who, me? i guess i had to lose over 20 lbs for people to notice. so now i really can't go off plan and gain because everyone is looking at me! LOL! i went to Steinmart just looking for some bargains and tried on a smaller size pair of dress pants..THEY FIT!!! i was twirling in the dressing room w/ a huge big a** grin on my face and dancing around! very cool!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:38 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

Good for you! I bet you are also carrying yourself more confidently as well which can do wonders. Reminds me I had a man come to my work the other day who mentioned that I must not indulge in too many pastries... odd but I had a cinnamon roll (uncharacteristic huge splurge but so worth it) for breakfast that morning, made me laugh (him too). I take comments like ones you have gotten as compliments, smile you have earned them!
Bikini Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:40 AM   #3  
on my way to HEALTHY (:

S/C/G: 190/173.8/150

Height: 5'6"

that's great! i cant wait until I can fit into clothes that i never thought i could fit into lol and jump around in a fitting room like you did.
SmooVeshea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:25 AM   #4  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

Skinny yes please enjoy it!
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:56 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Isn't that the best feeling in the world!
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:38 AM   #6  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

That is too awesome, bigdog!!!!! I am actually starting to agree with the statement that "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels." In the beginning I begged to differ, but at that time, I didn't know what being thinner felt like

I am so proud of all of us!! I feel like I probably could afford to lose a lot more, but right now, I like the way I look in comparison to the beginning

The dressing room dance? Too cute
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

Congrats!! That is awesome.

I'm so looking foward to going down a size. I put on a pair of pant this morning that I haven't been able to wear in quit some time and they fit loosely now. So I think I'm getting close to going down a size. I actually had a "skinny" day yesterday. I woke up feeling like I had lost weight. That is the first time it has happened since I started this journey. Needless to say I was pretty happy about that feeling. I'm going to WI later today and am hoping the scales will agree with my skinny feeling.
ynapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Yes, YOU!! I'm not getting many comments (17 pounds) but I have had a few. Most important was the husband when he put his arms around me! I havent shopped for anything yet- I think I'm afraid to. But some pants are quite loose, and dare I say it: too big. Maybe i should go try something new on. If i could zip a size 12 i would probably cry.
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:28 PM   #9  

Awesome! Great job!
1bighog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:10 PM   #10  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaswa View Post
Yes, YOU!! I'm not getting many comments (17 pounds) but I have had a few. Most important was the husband when he put his arms around me! I havent shopped for anything yet- I think I'm afraid to. But some pants are quite loose, and dare I say it: too big. Maybe i should go try something new on. If i could zip a size 12 i would probably cry.
go buy something new and tight girl!! show it off! the pants were a slim cut 14 in Steinmart (where i think their stuff runs small) but i used to think the dryer shrunk all my clothes too! funny how pants get longer when you lose weight! i can also get in my size 12 skirts (i'm pear shaped so sometimes depends on the cut) i like to wear slim cut stuff though so usually get a bigger size and cut the label out immediately!
i had an old pair of shorts on yesterday and they were super baggy. i grabbed the excess material around the thigh area and was like, these used to be tight and i filled them out. and i mean every inch of them! i spent alot of time in front of the mirror yesterday - HA HA!!!!!
Old 11-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #11  
Motivated Member

i credit each and every one of you for helping me with losing weight.. you offer me so much support and motivation... when i read about how all of you are doing and what you are going through really helps me face my challenges. my husband will ask me, how did you hear about that, etc. and i'll say, my protein buddies told me to try this or they suggested doing this...HAHA!

camaswa - you're close to my weight and goal and i check your status all the time to see if i can catch up to you!

Bighog - we might have to change our name to little dog and little hog soon!

ynapier - i'll wake up like that too and immediately strip and weigh when i get up! LOL hope you had a good weigh in

tamika - you are right, nothing feels better than thin - i actually think of that when i'm about to eat something off plan.. you are doing fantastic. Enjoy the size you are now and if you do chose to lose more, that's just a bonus!

Thanks everyone for the encouragment! it means so much to me!

on a funny note, instead of making a salad, i was ready to eat this Chunky beef soup for lunch. i started picking out the carrots and potatoes and took a bite and was like ugh... anyway, set it on the counter and while i was typing this two of my dogs (shepherds) jumped on the counter and ate it. actually it tastes a bit like dog food so know why they did! they thought i was going to scold them and i was like, THANK YOU! i wasn't supposed to eat that anyway! they are great supporters too and get the half of the tortillas or half of the buns or bread i'm not eating!
Old 11-18-2011, 06:47 PM   #12  

tami-I agree with you that now that I am feeling thin, it is easier to say no to the food that doesn't help me reach my goal...before I never could see that saying no to the food would make any difference.

I think I'll cry at size 12, too!! When I first talked to the MRC consultant she was telling her story of how she had been a 14/16 (where I am) and that she only ever wanted to fit into 12's...and now she's an 8. I got a little choked up realizing all I ever want is to be a 12...but if I'm still healthy at 10 or 8...I cannot even imagine.
nwcgina is offline   Reply With Quote