Old 11-14-2011, 07:12 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #269 Bale of Turtles Making the Effort!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:12 AM   #2  
Chick

Hi Gals,
There are some great posts back on #268. I started a new thread since we had gotten long.
JUdy
Old 11-14-2011, 08:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/185/172 then will reaccess

Height: 5'9

Good Morning.. I am going to post early before the day gets ahead of me.. Already have my 5 mile treadmill workout done but it is extremely mild outside today so if after work it has continued I might decide to get an extra walk in.. nothing beats being outside and to be able to do it in November minus the hat gloves and scarf LOL...

Itryharder the couch25k is a program that takes a couch potato ( or beginner) and slowly teaches them in a 9 week program to be able to run a 5K... if you google it you can find it and if you have a Blackberry there is a free app on there that you can then plug into your treadmill and this little voice tells you when to jog and when to walk.. it`s done 3 times a week and they claim by the end of it you are running.. we shall see.. I am always in awe of runners .. they make it look so easy and graceful.. I am a powerwalker and until of late was satisfied with that but then I got wondering could I run.. but I always have a little voice that said noo your not a runner.. lots2go has inspired me and I came across this program so well we shall find out.. if at the end of the program I am able to run but don`t enjoy it then I will know I can run but choose not to.. lol.. its always the mental mind working .. congrats on making the best possible decisions for you.. I find it sometimes difficult when people don`t understand when we say no its not because we don`t want to spend time with them but more so our health.. oh well in the end its up to us to be true to ourselves and that will then reflect on the scale..

Princess - I hope you are feeling better..

Banditt - your paint colour sounds very pretty and the kitchen will flow nicely with your new colour as well.. glad to hear things are moving along well for you..

Life4evr - way to cool to the personal trainer.. its always wonderful when you have a guideline in front of you to make it a lot easier for us to follow.. give me direction and I`m good.. turn me out on my own and I`m like a spinning top - which way do I go lol.. here`s to fresh starts and new moves!!

Terri - your vacation sounds heavenly and the perfect challenge to work towards.. good luck moving forward and downward...

CherryAutumn, lots2go, Jar, LaurenH - hoping all is well with you guys..if I missed anyone wishing you all well as well..

Headed off to work and then hopefully the great outdoors.. have a wonderful day!!
Taylorsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning ladies:

Judy - you are really making good choices & they will pay off big time at the scales. Nice you are back in control.

Taylor - good job on already having your exercise in so early in the day.

Princess - hope you are feeling better.

It is very mild today & so far sunny so nice start to the week. I spent lots of yesterday putting back my living room/hall & am trying to not have it cluttered so putting away some things for now that we don't need. Friday will be the kitchen & hopefully the colour choice will look nice. Cupboards are going from white to dark burgundy with silver knobs, and the walls will remain white. Then I am repainting my table & getting the chairs recovered, so lots happening. It is long overdue so will be nice to get done before Christmas season kicks in.

Walking tonight & will rest tomorrow then Zumba Wed. I found walking night before Zumba too much on my knees & they were still sore even at the dance & that probably didn't help dancing with heels. So will plan my activities better.

Really going to buckle down this week & eat fairly light meals & bump up my fruit & veggies.

Have a good OP day!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:30 PM   #5  

I had a maintain this week but I think it was mainly water retention. Hoping to get myself back on the weight loss track. Looks like everyone has been doing there best to stay on the wagon. I have had a bad head cold that is going around here. Still not feeling the best. Just wanted to stop in and say Hi to everyone. Will try to get back on soon.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

So since I weighed I gained 2.4# in a week and a half. So I am going to take it in stride. New week fresh start. So everyone sends good thoughts, because my eating has been outta control.

Hope everyone has a good day. I am running some errands on this nice day off.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:28 AM   #7  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, smart move to assess your The last thing we want to do is injure a "body part" and then have to stall exercise while it heals. I like your idea of stepping up veggies and watching food to stay OP.

Cherry, to maintain when you're sick means, to me, that you're OP. I know there is OP and *OP*, but you're doing great. Keep on working on staying on track. That's what I'm trying to do and it's not all that easy. But we can do it!

Life4evr, : to help you get back on track. None of this is easy, but it is doable. We can do this! You're a strong woman and anything is possible when we work at it.

I was a little disappointed at the scale this morning. My official WI is tomorrow, so I'm hoping for a tiny bit more ounces to drop off overnight.
Food has been great. I'll have to boost my water again. That may be it.

Busy again today, but I've started to realize that although I am retired, I'm always busy. It's the way I like it.

Judy
234.6/186/179 and thinner

Last edited by Itryharder; 11-15-2011 at 08:29 AM.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:00 AM   #8  

Hi ladies

Made it through yesterday totally OP and had a big spinach salad with lots of other veggies for my supper. Got my walk in afterwards and did some more organizing at home, so felt really good going to bed.

Life - New week, new start - thats the right thinking, good luck this week.

Judy - Sometimes the scale can really get you down & we end up thinking negative thoughts. So just stay OP today, drink you water & tomorrow is a new day.

Sunny right now, which is bonus since yesterday rained lots.

Christmas invites starting to come in & that is our next big challenge.
Honestly, there is always something or someone to derail us - but on the upside it is nice we have so many things to be able to join in with others.

OK - lets all have a bottle of water before we do anything else!
Old 11-15-2011, 12:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Ok - just a quick fly-by here... I will stop back for a longer post later on today or tomorrow but had a phone interview today for another contract job and it went really well, it is only a short term contract but even at 3-6 months it will be nice to have a job over the holidays.

Have a great day all!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:45 PM   #10  
Chick

I can't believe how well we're doing!!!!!

Bandit, a spinach salad for dinner? You rock!

Princess, a phone interview and you aced it! You rock!

I am so happy that this site is alive and well. You all make me feel like I can do this. Thanks for encouraging words. I am determined to reach goal in 2012.

Judy
Old 11-16-2011, 12:05 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hope everyone is well. I am just getting off and done eating dinner. so my eating today has been good. I managed to track everything. So we all know that is a major step for me. I managed to exercise. I also had some chocolate that I tracked. Even with the chocolate I am still within my points range. So today has been good day. I take my math placement test tomorrow I just need an 80. So wish me luck. I know I know the math. I just have to remember that. I just need the instructors to send my recommendations like they said I would I will be set to go back. If there is room.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:46 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone, sorry I have not been posting much this week but it has been a busy one for me. I have been so-so with food and the exercise has pretty much been what I can get in at home - I raked leaves for 4 hours yesterday so that has to count as exercise but with everything going on I have not been able to make it to the gym.

Well I was offered the job last evening so it looks like I will be starting by no later than Dec 5th, the background check is extensive for this company so it takes longer than it usually does for most contracts but that is fine as it will allow me to stay home thru the Thanksgiving holiday and be with my mom who is due to arrive on Saturday. With her here I will have to get my exercise in here at the house I think, she is just too unsteady to go out for walks, etc and I am not so sure about leaving her while I go to the gym so will just get on the treadmill here at the house.

I have a ton of stuff to do today so I need to get moving, believe it or not I actually have more leaves to rake today but that should pretty much be it for the season as the trees are bare now. I worked my butt off yesterday doing it and some other stuff out in the yard and will have more things to do to winterize the house but I am getting there slowly.

I am not sure if I will get to my meeting and W/I this week as that day is my DS birthday but we have not made plans yet so I don't know what is up, will have to see since the last time I talked to him he was sick with a chest cold and not feeling well so maybe we will put off his celebration till the weekend.

Will try and do my personal posts later on today if I can get a minute to hop online.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:31 AM   #13  

Morning, turtles:

Foggy on the way into work, but my co-worker was driving so was glad of that.

Judy - hope you are having a good week, you sound really positive now which is great!

Life - Nice job on tracking everything, good luck this week.

Princess - you sound like you are running around like crazy. Those leaves are a big job & lots of exercise, my butt & tops of legs are always sore next day so we have to be using different muscles & that is good. My place is like yours, got them raked & eaves cleaned & basically looks like nothing was done.
My roof at back of house is being done again next week & if weather permits,
I will do more raking this weekend, then that is it!

Picked up my blinds for my living room last night & think they will look good once they are up.
I was going to get my kitchen cupboards painted burgundy this Fri but have
decided to get them redone in the white. And then have chair rail & table/chairs done in bright colour & spray paint cupboards knob in that colour as well. The more I think about it, I think staying with white is best & I also have a wood floor so burgundy might be just abit too dark.
Too many decisions - think that is why I put things off. ANyway, once that is done thats it til after Christmas.

Still staying on track & hoping for a nice weight loss this week.
Zumba tonight - that will shake off a few calories for sure

Have a great Wednesday
Old 11-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #14  
Chick

REal Quick,
I, for one, do not mind if someone posts and can't get to personals. We all understand that we are always busy, and then this is an extra busy time of year. We all do the best we can.

Life4evr, you know the math. Here's a and to get your 80% on the test and get yourself into nursing school. I know you can do this!

Princess, whoa!!! You're making my head spin. Congrats on the job and the timing of the job. So glad for you. You're very considerate of your mom and her needs right now. Luckily there are all sorts of we can do at home to keep fit. Weather here is changing and it'll be here for me more than boardwalk for awhile. Also checking with a df who said she'd walk in the mall before it opens up with me. That could work too. Get there, walk, get back before dh even wakes up.

Bandit, so many times I look around my house, see things that need improving and just don't have the energy or the *strength* to start a project that I know by the end will have lots of decisions and crazy things happening. I give you credit for doing so much right now. Your house will look brand new by the holidays.

I had a great weight loss this week. Down almost three pounds. I'll WI again on Friday for our group WI, so I'll make sure I keep the food and exercise up to do this again. I've got another week before Thanksgiving and
the weekend when my ds and family will be staying with us., and this can be another perfect week. I am so excited. It is worth it to be hungry now and then and to push the exercise even though I'd rather not. I really want to reach goal in 2012. I figure if I keep on writing that, I'll start to believe it and then I'll make it happen.

: to all. Stay well and healthy, and keep on keepin' on. I know lots of us are dealing with ill and older parents and children and grandchildren that need our help, or with job issues, etc. but food doesn't have to be our solace. Vent here. Get it out of your system and let's all head to a healthier, fitter us.

Judy
234.6/183.8/179 and thinner
Old 11-16-2011, 02:59 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 196/185/172 then will reaccess

Height: 5'9

good afternoon everyone.. today is one of those days where it just seems like you are constantly on the go.. took my DH up for his pre-op appointment ( he has surgery Monday) .. luckily planned ahead enough and had food with me since it did end up taking longer then we had hoped.. while there I got a call that a cancellation had come available so tomorrow morning I will be headed to a consult with a DR for a surgery that is required for me.. top that off with later on in the afternoon my DS has a followup appt with his Dr so this week is just crazy.. thankfully I have stayed on track and kept to my exercise regime .. I have to say though since finding out the change in my appointment my nerves have set in.. I'm consciously aware thank goodness that this emotional desire to run for chocolate and anything "comforting" but seriously fattening is a knee jerk reaction to the change and so far have managed to stay out of it.. costco had an amazing sized red velvet cupcake that I literally had a discussion with myself about how it would soothe my nerves.. in the end I turned and walked away reminding myself that I will have to do pre-op at some point and face their scale .. LOL.. amazing how old habits so quickly surface but am considering this a NSV at acknowledging it and learning to talk myself out of it..

glad to see everyone is doing well.. congrats Princess on the job.. that's wonderful!!

take care!!
Taylorsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote