Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 11-05-2011, 12:02 AM   #1  
Nolabop

S/C/G: 215/140

Height: 5 2'

Thumbs up Lose 1/2 of steroid weight gain.

I had brain surgery in April and was put on steroids for 3 months. I gained 22 lbs. I am now on daily medication that can make you gain weight. My first mini goal is to lose 1/2 of my steroid weight gain. I had this hope that having my surgery would cause weight loss, especially since I wasn't at all hungry for week.

So I need to prove to myself that I can lose weight despite the drugs I am on. 11lbs would feel amazing, and would let me stop saying "oh, it's really hard to lose weight with the drugs I am on so I might as well not try."

I am going to WW meeting this Thursday. I didn't like the program years ago but I know it's different now. I am convinced if I can give up on cream in my coffee, that will be half the battle. 1 qt of 1/2 and 1/2 is about 3500 calories and I drink at least one of those a week.

But I am looking for a substitute...for coffee, something with ritual. I think I'm going to learn how to make macha which is a kind of green tea. I need my drinking experience to feel like a real break from whatever I'm doing.

Wish me luck!
nolabop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:08 AM   #2  
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

Height: 5'4

It may not be enough coffee for you but I make lattes. 1 cup skim milk, 3 cups strong coffee, a little sugar, and vanilla extract. Calories? A little over 100 depending on how much sugar you use.
Lambiechop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:41 AM   #3  

Best of luck, I am a green tea drinker - I drink the one that has toasted rice in it (Genmaicha). Will not substitute your coffee/cream flavor but it is enjoyable its own right.
HikingChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:51 AM   #4  
Changing for good!

S/C/G: 273/ticker/195

Height: 6'1"

I couldn't start the day without a big coffee - for me, that's become my breakfast. I have a cappuccino, using 1% (or sometimes 2%, if that's all we have) and microwaving it until it's boiling, then adding the coffee. I use sugar, but I measure out a tsp, and I also measured the milk until I knew I was eyeballing my serving size correctly - that way I just account for it. My coffee is about 75 cals, and I love every minute of it!

GL!
kirsteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #5  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

I hate steroids! I've been on and off them over the past 18 years Thankfully more off lately then on, I have an autoimmune disorder and I have to be really careful of flair ups.

I gradually reduced the cream in my coffee, first I moved to 1% milk then reduced that. I now take it black, I don't even like milky coffee like I used to. Every once in a while I have a bit of milk or cream but I could take it or leave it.

Congrats on your weight loss I gain tons of horrible weight on those drugs.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote