Old 11-05-2011, 03:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Question What brought YOU to 3FC???

I have been a member of 3FC for about two months. In this two months I have been struck by the diversity of people here. So many different individuals with such different goals and situations all using this one site... it is quite astounding

So my question is what brought you here? Why an online Internet forum? Why 3FC?
Jamie1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:27 PM   #2  
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

Height: 5'4

I have virtually no support in real life. That's why I decided to seek some on the internet and 3FC seemed like the best fit!
Lambiechop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #3  
Happy Member

I've been a member of 3fc since August of 2000. At that time I had just lost some weight using the Richard Simmons Foodmover and exercise program, and at that time 3fc had a Richard Simmons support forum.

I have continued losing the weight over the years, still using the Foodmover. However 3fc no longer has the Richard Simmons support forum due to the lack of interest in that particular way of eating. It is a healthy program, essentially it is the 'exchange program' and it works.

So I just drop in occasionally to see what is going on and to see if I can be of any help to anyone.
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm on some other internet forums about various things and another member of 3fatchicks, Matt H., recommended it to me when I was working on losing weight.

Being convinced to calorie count by the members here alone has made joining and reading very worth while for me.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:57 PM   #5  
Vegetarian college girl

S/C/G: 185/157/140

Height: 5'9"

I love 3FC! I stalked it as a non-registered user for about a year - I think it was mentioned on the Tyra Banks show. Anyway, I used to be a diehard FatSecret-er BUT the community is a little lacking...there are challenges and graphs up but the community doesn't seem tightknit or caring; it actually seems very self-focused. People journal or start threads and no one responds, etc. There's really no sense of "YES! we WILL hold you accountable." And while I like it for its graphs, their calculations' comments can get quite sassy. if I type in that I lost 1.5 pounds, and my last weigh-in was two months ago, the comment will say "at this rate, you will get to your target weight in 19 months" (I only have 15lb to lose lol!)

I love the community! I read a lot of posts on here because I spend over 2 hours a day on a bus so that's my catch-up time. I don't reply often but I read tons. I'm really trying to learn to get a grasp of what the societal tone here really is :P and it's a very comforting, helpful one. So I stay and stalk haha =)
wtfudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I don't remember specifically, except that understanding and mastering weight management has pretty much always been a large part of my life (at least since I became overweight in kindergarten).

For most of my life, I had more failure than success, but I've put more time and effort into weight loss than anything else in my life, including my education, career, my marriage, and all my other interests and hobbies combined.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:58 AM   #7  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

I came, went and have stuck around for the last 18 months. I check in daily, but don't post as often as I did when I was losing. There have been times when only 3FC could help with how I was feeling. There have been times when the kick up the *** that people have given me here have saved me from failing. There are also people here whose opinions I don't value and who take the higher moral ground but you get that everywhere. 3FC is awesome
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:13 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

I was on a different weigh loss forum where this one was mentioned. The old one had very few topics and the regulars were VERY opinionated as to why their plan was best. 3FC is so different from that. Lots of support, lots of different plans, lots of success. It's just a really friendly place to come for help.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:37 AM   #9  
SereneCalorieCounter

S/C/G: 180/138/142

Height: 5'6"

I stumbled on 3FC by accident and loved the format. I read it daily and post when I think I have something useful to say.

It has been very helpful during my 40-lb weight loss, especially the kind-but-firm advice and the motivational sayings that I copied out and put on my mirror.

I find it interesting that people use such a variety of weight loss approaches yet are very supportive to others who are doing things differently. Either people here are unusually kind and gracious or the moderators are doing a superb job keeping the posts helpful and free of unnecessary criticism. Maybe a combination of both. Anyway, you learn a lot here and feel part of a great community.

I come online here because I don't discuss weight loss with friends and family. I don't want to bore them, and besides, I enjoy reading what hundreds of people are writing.
blueheron777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:11 AM   #10  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

I was googling weight loss and diet questions and this 3FatChicks site kept popping up all the time. I found some great info on here and kept reading, then realized there was a forum and BOOM I joined. Plus I need the support. I don't have much in my life. And the people closest to me I'm sure are sick of hearing me talking about food, weight, fat loss etc.....I love it here!
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:14 AM   #11  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

A friend of mine mentioned it on facebook over the summer when I had started losing weight. I was sort of going it alone at that point and really had little idea of what I was doing.

I poked around for about a month before I joined in July Now I check the site daily and it's helped me tremendously!

I joined at 170lbs, so I'm down almost another 30lbs due to the support of everyone here!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:22 AM   #12  

Height: 5'4''

I was looking for support forums about a month after deciding to lose weight. My family is supportive, but there are somethings they can't grasp as much since 2/3 are naturally thin. This place was the first link and the rest is history.
popspry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:45 PM   #13  
Made of Starstuff

I was poking around the internets. Bored one night. Stumbled upon the site randomly after looking up forums in general.

I was already a member of Weight Watchers for about 6 months at that point, so the topic of healthy weight loss was (and, of course, still is) a big deal to me. It only took me a night of lurking around to realize how amazing the community is.

Links to stories, talks about the merits of certain plans or ideas about weight loss, fitness ideas, and most importantly the positivity and "you can do it!" attitude. It's very approachable while many topics remain engaging on more than just the usual "eat less" information. It's personal, but still supportive of everyone in a healthy way. More so than any single other weight loss site I've ever come across.

I've been attached at the digital hip to 3FC ever since.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:27 AM   #14  

I was looking for information on how to log different exercises, particularly WAT then started lurking and reading tons. Lot of useful information here and I also found it motivated seeing others and their goals and reading about all those great NSVs.
TheCuriosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:25 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Why 3 Fc? It popped up in google, and I'd actually apparently registered years ago.

Why an Internet forum ? Because it is OKAY to be obsessy here. That is why we are here to talk about our habits, our struggles, what works, what doesn't, to vent to celebrate. And to people who are NOT going through the same thing? That gets annoying. Also if I need to talk at 1am, I'm not disturbing anyone ya'll will see it when you chose to visit the website. I like that, takes the pressure off I can say what I want to say when I need to say it and people can then read it , if they want to, when they want to.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote