South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 01:39 AM   #1  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Default SBD Weekend Chat - Nov 5/6

Morning Ladies!

I do hope you don't mind me starting the weekend chat thread, me being the newbie and all Due to the time zones, I'm probably one of the first to rise for the day, and I may not get chance to post later, so ....

Managed to sleep well last night ... finally! And had a lovely lie-in this morning, so my batteries are re-charged for the weekend ahead!

Weighed in this morning and I'm pleased to report another 2lbs loss ... that's 9lbs in total, so far I'm just hoping that my dinner out this evening will not result in undoing my good work But I am determined to choose wisely when it comes to what goes on my plate, and if it's not particularly SB friendly then I will have very small portions.

Matilda - Just to say, sorry to hear about your hubby's grandmother, but as you said, she was 98 and had a good life, which is what we all strive for.

Shrinkmybutt - Definitely go with the advice already given to you and get the SBD book. I've only recently started the SBD plan and, like you, I've always loved my carbs ... rice, pasta, potatoes, etc., but I can honestly say that, so far, this has worked for me. I haven't really had any cravings either, so I guess I've been very lucky, some people do and obviously everyone is different and we all cope differently. The SBD book is my bible at the moment ... I'm constantly referring to it and don't think I would have been able to follow the plan properly without reading it first. Good luck!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll try to pop in again over the weekend for a catch-up!

Last edited by Fat in Hong Kong; 11-05-2011 at 01:45 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, Nichola. Congratulations on your 9 pound loss...that's great!!! South Beach is the ONLY thing I have found that actually worked for me and it seems that it's been the same way for a lot of others here. No doubt, if you follow the plan, you'll see results.

Anyway, I'm stuck working all weekend, so boooooo for that. Plus I get to stay at work a whole extra hour tonight. Yuck!!! Oh well, at least I have a job, right???

I don't really have much to say right now. I hope you ladies are having a wonderful weekend so far.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:23 AM   #3  

Good Morning Chicks.

Nichola I second the congrats on the weight loss, good for you.

Shrinkmybutt, yep, get the book. I keep mine on the table in the living room and am always looking in it. I am even thinking of getting the SB cook book. I am entering the 6th week of the SB Plan, and I find myself even looking at choices and knowing what to do. My DH even has taken a closer look at what he is eating, skips white bread toast now and is eating more salads. I agree SB is a good plan.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday, I am doing some sewing and maybe go look at an Xbox. But enjoying the day, no stress.

Chickadeee

Last edited by chickadeee55; 11-05-2011 at 06:24 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:40 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Nichola(FatInHK), congrats on your WL! Here's some for your dinner out.

Shrinkmybutt, yep, the book is the key to understanding the plan. After 2-1/2 years I'm still amazed at my progress and especially amazed that my DH has had a 100% turnaround, too.

chickadeee, enjoy your no stress day! BTW-thanks for the picture! It's nice to put a face w/your name. (My pic is in my profile-I put it up sometimes)

Natasha, I'm working today, too! It's still the weekend!

Yesterday was run around stuff and today is my sis' birthday. I have to be at work in an hour so I have the pie she requested baked already. I'll have a piece tonight. It was funny-I had to use some sugar and it was hard in the canister because I haven't dipped in it for months! I also can't remember the last time I had a piece of pie-that's definitely progress!

Have a great day everyone! I'm hosting dinner so I'm going to be quite busy after work.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Add my congrats to your loss, Nichola! That, alone, should give you the motivation to stick to your resolve this evening.

Chickadeee, it is nice to put a face to your name. Your plans for the day sound lovely.

Natasha and Debbie! Sorry you both have to work this weekend, but hope you both have a good day.

It's still dark as midnight outside, but we've been promised a mild and sunny day. A good day to finally get outside and get the rest of the flower beds cleaned up while Jake deals with the mountain of leaves that are starting to fall. The leaves are at their peak right now, covering the countryside with their glorious colors.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Saturday and Roll Tide.

Nichola, Congratulations!!! My brother just got home from Okinawa about a month ago. He was there 3 years and is glad to be back in the "Land of Walmart."

Natasha, Yes, Hooray for a job!

Chickadeee, It's nice to see a smiling face this early in the morning.

Debbie, I don't even have any sugar in the house! I used the last of it to make simple syrup for the hummingbirds.

Linda, We re peaking here, too. It's beautiful! Jeff got the leaf-blower out on Wednesday, and it rained all day Thursday. You can't even tell where the sidewalk is! He should have checked the forecast.

It's going to be a fun and exciting day in Beautiful Alabama. This morning, Auston and I are going to the Veteran's Day parade. Auston is always disappointed in Alabama parades after seeing Louisiana parades. This afternoon, we are going to see Puss in Boots. I'm a huge Shrek fan, so I'm expecting great things. Tonight, we are having ribs, sweet potatoes, and 3 bean salad and watching the Bama/LSU game. Jeff and I went to Sam's Club last night to look at TVs. There is a 70 inch model. 70 inches!!! Crazy! But, that would be so much fun to watch the game!
Old 11-05-2011, 07:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Nichola - Keep up the good work! Sounds like a good plan for dinner.

Natasha - That's putting a positive spin on it

Chickadee - Love seeing your face!

Debbie - Hope you are enjoying sister time. I'd ask what kind of pie but I'll drool less not knowing

Linda - I miss the foliage from back east. Enjoy your day.

Chelby - True confession: we replaced our broken big screen with a smaller 60+ one from Costco but found it too small so DH exchanged it for the 70'' when it went on sale. But, we do watch from allllll the way across the basement when we exercise.

I have dinner out tonight with friends. I've already chosen my meal off the menu. We just got invited to brunch tomorrow to celebrate my nephew's birthday and that menu was much harder to choose from between trying to stay SB friendly AND cholesterol friendly. In just a few hours I get to call Canyon Ranch to sign up for my "service" when I'm there in 4 weeks. I'm thinking lots of massages! It's a major planning job because we try to sort of coordinate schedules among the travelers so we can eat meals together when there.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:33 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning We were awake early but are moving slowly. It's nice to have a relaxing start. I'm off to pick-up the first winter CSA order this morning. I'm so excited.

Nichola - thanks for getting us going Congratulations on your success so far.

Natasha - It's definitely true for me too. I dieted on and off for more than 30 years before finding SBD. It's still work but cleaning up the carbs made all the difference for me. Hope you have something fun squeezed into your work weekend.

Chickadee - that is a nice picture We have a Wii and I love it. Does the XBOx have fitness and sports games too? Around here that gets me through the winter. I just get so sick of the treadmill and bike every day. I love the variety of a few Wii games.

Debbie - Enjoy your family time. I have to ask, what kind of pie? Homemade pie is one thing I might go off plan for, just one piece and I'd try not to eat all the crust. I think I did have one piece of strawberry rhubarb last spring. We only have sugar in the house for the hummingbirds. That reminds me, I have to dump what's left. I'm sure it won't be good next summer. Do you have some time to relax this weekend too?

Cottage - Our leaves are long gone but I should get out there and mulch the last batch. Maybe a little yard time here too Enjoy the sunshine

Chel - I'll be interested to hear what you think of Puss and Boots. We loved Shrek too but this one was below our radar.
Sounds like a fun Mom day

It's chores and errands around here today. I think DW still wants to go to the coast tomorrow. Time to get moving so I can get to the CSA pick-up promptly at 9.

Last edited by CyndiM; 11-05-2011 at 07:39 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Karen, If we put a 70" in our living room, it will be like sitting in the front row of the movie theater. What we will probably do is get the 60" to replace our 42". Merry Christmas to US!
Old 11-05-2011, 07:58 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie since my blood sugar is very low and I need to get a sturdy breakfast into me. Glorious sunrise this morning!
Old 11-05-2011, 08:16 AM   #11  

Height: 5'8"

Hey all,
Glad to see everyone's up and at 'em! We're fairly busy today. I think my husband is going to take our son into the city to St. Patrick's to light a candle for his grandmother, and I'm going to do errands and exercise. We have friends and their kids coming over at 4 for drinks and apps. Then we'll probably just watch a movie or something later. Hope everyone has a great day...
Old 11-05-2011, 10:52 AM   #12  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning!
Just as I was getting back into the swing of things and posting, we lost electricity for 7 days. The house is a mess, but I have my daughter's last soccer game today to go to, so it will have to wait until tomorrow. Their team is undefeated in their conference and if they win today, will end with a perfect season. That would be a nice way to end her soccer career, as she graduates college in May.
I would like to say I've lost some weight, but after this week of canned and fast food, it's very unlikely. Time to stock the fridge with veggies and fruit.

Have a great weekend ladies!!
Old 11-05-2011, 11:31 AM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chickes!

Nichola - great job on the loss
Natasha - have a great day
Chickadee - let me know if you like the XBox. I have a Wii and love it!
Debbie - have a good day and happy birthday to sis!
Cottage - have a great day and enjoy the colors! Our park across the street is soooo pretty too.
Chelby - enjoy your day.
Karen - good job on the menu choices! I do the same thing.
Cyndi - what did you get in your CSA?
Ruth - hope the blood sugar is up and you are doing well.
MMc - I love St. Patrick's! I am going to be in the city Nov. 29-Dec. 1!!
Chris - good luck on the game!

As for me, I am packing and laundry doing for Florida tomorrow. I get in by 10a and have to wait for DW to arrive at noon (it's her work trip), then off to the hotel. It turns out to be $10/day for the fitness center but I just may pay it. Depending on the weather and the pool!

Off to pack. I hope I've got the will power as I walk through the park (Islands of Adventure). Good news is that I think I will fit in ALL the rides - I am the same weight now that I was two years ago when I went for my birthday. Harry Potter Park is new but they reused the old rides so I should be fine!

Yay!
Old 11-05-2011, 11:45 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I feel like I won the lottery - we got spinach and broccoli fresh from the fall plantings, lots of garlic & onions for storage, turnips, purple and green cabbage, romaine, basil pesto and salsa (they make all their own stuff. you can also order baked goods but I resisted) oh and 2 dozen eggs from the happy chickens in the field next to the stand. I'm very picky about eggs and I've always been sad when they close for the season. I'm so excited that we can get good eggs all winter. They are putting a huge greenhouse up for the winter so greens all winter!

Chris - welcome back. Happy to hear your power is finally back. My DD was supposed to visit friends in CT but their power has been out too. That's a long stretch to work around.

Ruth - hope you're feeling better now and enjoying a sunny day
Old 11-05-2011, 12:14 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! That was a bit of a ride but I'm back to alleged "normal" now. Sorry to bail out on comments.

It certainly is a gorgeous day out there but I am not going to do much physical stuff today. Tonight some friends and I are going to a concert by a local group - it's country, rock and gospel and is a fund-raiser. I'll wear my hearing aids but remove them if it's too loud.

Right now? My planned lunch and a wee nap I think.
Closed Thread