Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 05-27-2011, 03:22 PM   #1  

Default Has anyone tried the fitbit?

I am thinking about buying a fitbit and was wondering if anyone has tried/owns one? If so what do you think about it.

Thanks
Maria
mgreen95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:51 PM   #2  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

What's a fitbit?
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #3  

its like the bodybugg/bodymedia bands but it can be worn in different areas.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3Qj02A3URo
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:06 AM   #5  

I love my fitbit!!!! Its really small and all my numbers are automatically uploaded into the computer. Its a little pricey so you need to take care of it. I almost stuck it in the washing machine one. Its the only pedometer that has always been extremely accurate.
calmommy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'3

I've never heard of this or tried it but would be interested to see if it works! Can you let us know??
bellaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/197/150

Height: 5'7

I love my fitbit and wear it everyday. One of the best parts for me is the website associated with it. It has a calorie and activity trackers, journals, and forums. I have found my fitbit to be fairly accurate especially when worn on the bra like it is shown when you get it. It has helped me get more activity in
WVUFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

I bought a fitbit a month ago. I love seeing all the different graphs. I'm not so fond of their food tracker but that is mostly because I have been using spark people for years and I already have so many custom foods in there.
zinkemomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:13 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 291/261.8/150

Height: 5' 8"

I love my fitbit! I had a bodybugg too but I didn't like the monthly charge to use the website. I'm not sure if the fitbit is more accurate but I love that it motivates me to move more.
ryverthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:13 PM   #10  

After going back and forth I bought a fitbit about a week ago and must admit I am already addicted to seeing my results each day . So glad I made the purchase.

Maria
Old 08-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

The Fitbit is a great tool for tracking your movements and sleep habits. I've been using mine for over a month now and really like it. The program we're on requires us to use a pedometer and the fitbit pedometer has been just as accurate as the one we were given with the added bonus of it telling us how hard we worked to get those steps in. I don't use the food tracker from the fitbit website as we have one provided for us so don't know how good it is. I highly recommend this device for anyone wanting to see just how much they are moving around and how many calories they're burning during the day as well as how good you're sleeping at night.
LeslieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

I just got the FITBIT and LOVE IT!!!! As others have said, I'm ADDICTED!! I love when it syncs up and I can pull up the website to see my all my stats!! As for accuracy, I can't comment. I've never had any other device like this and have never figured out how many calories I burn on a normal day....I'm going to use it every day and after a month look to see how much I've lost...I'm using the food log on the website and will say it's not the best, but once you get the hang of it, it's cool. I've used MyFitnessPal and another app on my iPod Touch and they had many more choices, as well as CalorieKing.com...However, I tend to alot of the same things each day (like breafast & lunch are mostly always the same especially on work days) so once I've found them OR added their info in, I select them as a "Favorite" and the website keeps a running list on the side of the screen that you can just select the item and choose your serving & what meal your eating it for...

all I can say is I hope it's accurate bc I'm really in love with this thing and have been in the selected "daily food goal" since Nov. 1st every day...(they change your calorie range depending on your activity level)...I'm really hoping this works!! Sounds like from other posts from ppl who've used it for a while, that its pretty accurate, so we'll see how my results turn out!!!

for $100 i think it was a pretty good buy!!!
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:46 AM   #13  
Empress/Queen

KDM322, please keep us updated on how you like it. I really want one of these!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:27 PM   #14  

I've had mine for about a week now and I really like it. I never thought that something like a virtual "badge" would be sOOoooo motivating, but man... I love getting the little gifs recognizing my mini daily achievements, like how many flights I've gone up or how many steps I've taken.

In this first week I have already learned a couple of things about myself. While I am more "active" than I originally thought, I still sit on my butt for 8+ hours a day (or used to, now have a walking desk.) My sleep is pretty much dead on, but it is nice to no longer have to try to attempt to manually track when I go to bed, wake up and how many times I wake up to asthma attacks while I sleep... this thing does it for me.

If you sign up to their developer site, you can have all the information downloaded into a google spreadsheet to use how ever you please, but it currently just shows the daily amounts there, unlike on the fitbit site which shows 5 minute bars of activity. They say the developer option is still in beta, so I hope they offer more data in the future. I really like data. This may also motivate me to get in gear with teaching myself JAVA so I can have a non web-based app to keep all my data in one spot.

Step wise, I tested around with it for accuracy and it was dead on for me. My legs are only about 1/2 inch longer than the average 5.5 person so thought that was pretty good.

I have used it on the treadmill today (my new walking desk) and walking and running was accurate there too, so I guess I can stop mentally counting steps along with it.

I hate HATE its food logging portion of the site, but it can be linked to loseit and soon to myfitnesspal. I use neither (I currently use Vidaone), but may start experimenting with those two sites (and sparks) as the feedback about all three here from you guys has been pretty good.

I just started to "friend" people today and that adds even more motivation. I like to be the best even though I generally suck at everything LOL and having a 'leaderboard' with others listed give me a gauge as to if I'm letting my activity slip etc.
TheCuriosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:13 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

Ok...so I'm still addicted And I think it's pretty accurate as stated above by TheCuriosity when counting steps....I fell off the wagon with eating over Thanksgiving so I can't say how accurate the calorie burn is...the week before TG I had logged EVERYTHING that went in my mouth and worked out like 3-4 days that week....my calorie defecit for the week was 6291 according to the site... just 709 cals from losing 2lbs (3500 cals = 1lb) 2lbs/week has been my goal forever!! Problem here is that I haven't weighed myself since late September And probably won't untl the new year...So I can't comment on the accuracy of the calorie burn...right now I'm concentrating on getting my eating & WO schedule under control.

One thing I have discovered is that the calorie burn for my workouts (I have the FitBit Ultra with the start/stop button for timing sleep & activity) is always way higher than what the cardio machine says at the gym...and I always assumed that the machines OVERestimated but have posted here and on the fitbit site and people say that their fitbit is right on track with their HRM. sooo, i'm really hoping my metabolism is in check with what the calorie burn says on the fitbit site...come 1/1/2012 I will weigh and track my calorie defecit to see if it's consistent with what I lose
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote