S/C/G: 301.2/212.4/135

Height: 4'11

Default is it ok

Is it ok if i eat a few french fries?
babygurl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

You can have anything that you decide is ok. No one can tell you what it is and isn't ok to eat (unless you're asking about whether a food fits into a specific diet plan such as South Beach or Atkins - and even then it's still perfectly ok for you to decide to break or modify the rules).

You just have to decide based on your own experience (and if you don't have the experience, experiment).

Some people can't stop with "just a few" french fries (or someother food) so it's easier for them to avoid the food entirely than to try to limit themselves to a reasonable portion - but only you can determine whether that's your best strategy.

Only your own trial and error experiments (and the results of those experiments) can tell you what is and isn't ok.

I don't look at foods as ok and not ok. Instead I realize that ALL foods have benefits and costs, and I always have to ask myself "do the benefits outweigh the costs."

I avoid most high-carb foods, because they're not usually worth the hunger-spike they usually cost.... but sometimes I do decide that a food is worth the risk or trade-off.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 306/255/160

Of course! I had french fries for lunch yesterday. Just fries, and a little ranch dipping sauce, because I was craving them. So I made them the 'main event', enjoyed them, and was careful about the rest of my day. Went to the gym at the end of the day and was still spot-on with my calories (I'm mostly an intuitive eater but I'm still keeping my calories in check until I can comfortably do it without counting). You can do anything you like. Life is meant to be lived!
swtbttrfly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

I didn't realize this was in diabetes support. If you're diabetic, the rules change a bit. If you're a type II diabetic, are on little or no medication and your blood sugar is under fair control, a few french fries aren't likely to be a big deal.

However, if you're on insulin, and/or your blood sugar isn't under good control, you may have to be stricter with your diet. In which case, this isn't a question for 3FC, it's a question for your doctor, dietitian, or diabetes educator.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 301.2/212.4/135

Height: 4'11

I have diabetes type II without meds. I just have to lose weight and watch what I eat. So I ate about 12 to 14 fries with vegs and 2 Tyson chicken breast strips. I now eat by what the food package say. Well I try sometimes I go a lil over lol
babygurl12 is offline   Reply With Quote