General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:16 PM   #1  
1 lb at a time!

S/C/G: 294/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Body Media FIT/Body Bugg/Exerspy

Hey everyone - I did a little reading on here, and saw that there are some people using these amazing tools to aid their losses. I'm looking into getting one and wanted to see how everyone is doing with their bots? I'm trying to figure out which one to get.. I think I want the one that will sync up with my phone... hmm.. Anyhow, I haven't seen anyone post on this in a while (most of the talk was in the past yr or three).

Thanks!
Slimmer Down Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/158.6/146

I did a lot of research and decided to get the Body Media Fit that synced to my phone. Really loved it but the armband was conspicuous. I thought once I started wearing long sleeves that problem would be solved. But it is actually worse because the armband was bulky under long sleeves. And unless you have stretchy sleeves you will have to put it on before you slip your shirt on. I know it sounds minor, but when you are running late in the mornings and you hav forgotten to put it on, it takes a while to get it positioned and get redressed. Sooooo I got a fitbit and really like. I know it may not be as accurate but it works for me.
arkansasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:56 PM   #3  
1 lb at a time!

Thanks! I ended up doing the BodyMedia Link (same you have) and need to order the larger band. The jury is still out fo rme on it tho.. comfortwise a new band will make a huge difference... but Im having inconsistencies on calorie burns/steps. It WAY overcounts my steps and underestimates my calories burned during strength training...any tips?
Old 10-30-2011, 05:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/140

Height: 5' 4"

Strength training as a workout doesn't actually burn that many calories. You get the benefit of replacing muscle with fat, which in turn burns more calories, but the act of strength training doesn't do as much as expected.

As for the accuracy of it...mine's been pretty good for the most part. I'm within the 10% of expected weight-loss based on my calorie deficits.

I'm finally going back to it after a long time away.
augeremt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:22 PM   #5  
1 lb at a time!

I need to get better with logging calories.. kick my butt back into gear so I can get the full pic. Thanks for the note on strength training.. man it sure feels like it should!! haha