South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-26-2011, 02:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Red face Musings and Donuts

I went to Walmart to get a rotisserie chicken and salad for lunch. A good, healthy lunch. I had to walk through the bakery to get to the salad. Donuts! I wish with all of my heart that I could pass the donuts and think, "Ewww Yuck! Who would eat those nasty things???" I don't crave them. I don't go looking for them. But, I don't think there will ever be a time in my life that I don't LOVE them. It makes me sad -- and defeated -- that I want them.

It makes me wonder.... Will my weight ALWAYS be a struggle, every day??? I've been bigger than I am now. I've been considerably smaller than I am now. But, I'm not convinced I'll ever maintain a healthy weight long term. It's those darn donuts!

Someone give me hope!
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

A healthy life doesn't mean you turn your senses off. For most people, donuts are not nasty they are divine. However, it's what the donuts leave behind that's nasty (especially what's left on your thighs). I think victory is not being free of the desire...its having the ability to say no.

I'm so proud you said no....I'm still working on it
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:57 PM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I think what free1 said is so true. You know that I absolutely adore donuts, too. If there were one thing I could still have and not regain that would be it. I can eat a dozen and still want more.

I do get to a point where it's not a "struggle" but most times I just choose to walk a big circle around them.. I would rather be thinner than eat 300+ calorie/deep fried/sugar filled/grease laden white flour donuts. I really would. Sending support your way, Chelbs!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #4  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I agree with Free1 as well. I love donuts, but I have to keep telling myself that the excess sleepiness, enhanced cravings and water weight gains that come from having JUST ONE are not worth it.

I allow myself to have one once in awhile - and they make me feel sufficiently gross afterward that I don't want them again for a few months.

*support and hugs to you*
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

"Victory is not being free of the desire...its having the ability to say no.'

Free1, That is going to be my new mantra. I generally don't have an emotional response to donuts. Let's blame it on PMS.

Debbie, Next time I go to Walmart, I'm going to walk through the frozen veggie aisle to get to the salad!

Zeff, I can't have just one, either.

Thanks for the support, Chickies!
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:48 PM   #6  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I kind of think it is a racket that stores put their fresh baked bread and pastries right next to their produce.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

The local farmstand has cider donuts this time of year, made on the premises. I just went in for broccoli. The thing is I remember buying half a dozen every fall and eating, well most of them in one sitting. They never lived up to the promise of the smell but every year I had to go through that. My brain is broken.

It does get easier some of the time but for some of us I think there will always be those moments. You did an AWESOME job walking way Chel!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:11 PM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Way to be strong Chel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the new profile picture too.

It's how I felt with the funnel cake a few months ago. And even today at my conference, when they brought in the "healthy" snack boxes with trail mix (M&Ms in it plus i read the label and it said SUGAR aside from the candy in them), yogurt (added sugar), Terra "sweet potato" chips (first ingredient, corn), granola bar (chocolate chip sugar full) and 2 fruit skewers (3 grapes and a piece of honeydew each, the only thing I could eat), I almost caved. Just to belong. But didn't.

Thanks for posting this. It may not ever be 100% off our minds but there IS hope Plus, I like to think of it as always choosing to make the RIGHT decisions
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:20 AM   #9  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

I love them too but there's only one place in the world that I would even consider getting one today. That's at Britts in Carolina Beach, NC. If I were there right now I would most definitely get one. But I'm not there so according to my rules for me, I don't get to eat other kinds of donuts because I'm loyal to Britts.

When I see the donut rack in walmart I think of all the grubby hands that touch those donuts. I've actually seen parents let their children reach in and touch the donuts without buying them. We all know children touch everything and their hands are dirty. Who knows where their hands have been. Then there's all the people pushing the carts around, which is pretty much everyone. They reach in and grab donuts with their cart hands. I remember reading a study about filthy grocery carts and how fecal matter was found on nearly every cart they tested. SO just remember that, the next time you want to get a walmart donut, there's not just the candy kind of sprinkles on it.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote