Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:04 AM   #1  
IATEJEN

S/C/G: 172.5/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Default A Jenny Craig reject

After two weeks of calorie counting and exercising, I've quickly learned that food is my downfall - between my crazy eating schedule and having to cook for the family - I'm just not making good choices. I decided to give Jenny Craig a try (for at least a few months to get myself jump-started). Went in for an initial consultation last night and was told that I am not eligible for their program because I have a nut allergy.

I thought this was really weird. I mean, can't I just pick the foods that don't have nuts? The counselor said there was a concern because all of their food is processed in the same facility and there could be contamination. I've never had any kind of reaction to any packaged foods before (and I'm sure they are processing everything together, too). But, the response was a resounding "sorry, we can't help you".

So, does anyone have any suggestions of a prepared food program that I might be able to try? I've heard that NS food is terrible - my SIL barely made it through one month of food. I'm looking for something with good tasting food in controlled portions and a menu where I am told exactly what to eat for each meal (taking any control away from my ravenous stomach and brain - lol).

Suggestions???
iatejen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

When you buy processed food you will often find a disclaimer that "this product manufactered in a plant that processes nuts" or something similar.
They don't want to take a chance on someone having aan allergic reaction ang etting sued.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:32 AM   #3  

Height: 5'5

why not just weight watchers meals and lean quisine? and count the calories
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Check out the Ideal Protein section. You can do it using alternative products, not too expensive to do it that way.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:27 AM   #5  
IATEJEN

S/C/G: 172.5/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'm goign to try the lean cuisine/weight watchers approach and see how I do.
iatejen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:38 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Good luck, I know you can do this. I tried Nutrisystem too and it was nasty. I ended up doing the same type thing just buying WW and Lean Cuisine. In fact if you go to the Lean Cuisine website and sign up I believe they have an option for a diet plan based on eating their foods.
I am currently doing a sort of plan like that, I have a WW breakfast muffin sandwich in the morning with a serving of fruit. Lunch is a WW or Lean Cuisine entree and a 100 calorie yogurt. Afternoon snack is fruit/100 cal microwave popcorn and for dinner I have a big salad with grilled chicken and then usually some SF jello w/Cool Whip free.
huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5'10"

BistroMD will support a nut allergy I think, but can be pricey
my2cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:15 AM   #8  
Losin' it in SacTown!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

People with a latex allergy are automatically rejected from JC as well, because the food handlers in the plants that make the food wear latex gloves.

I would shy away from the prepackaged meals, and try weight watchers.
bandit bear is offline   Reply With Quote