Talking

Geographical location: Nebraska

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: 2

Pets: 2 Cats (Lily and Lou)

Hobbies/Interests: Fixing up the house, biking

Height: 5' 7"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Blonde-Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I would like to say my whole life but April 20, 2009 I had a rouyen y gastric bypass - I was supposed to have a gastric sleeve and the doc had issues so they opened me up and here I am today.

Starting Weight: 351

Present Weight: 204

Goal Weight: 165 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I really need to learn to get away from the sugary foods. They make me very ill when I eat them but I still do it. In 2 1/2 years I still haven't learned that I can't have them any more. Plus I have hypoglycemia so it is really not good when I have sugar. I have been as low as 196 but found myself endulging in sweets so my weight went up to 210 - I thought I can't go through all of this again so I am trying something new.

Following any specific plan: Trying Metabolic Research Diet to lose the remainder of my excess weight.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I used to think WLS was the cheaters way out but I have found out it has been one of the hardest things I have ever done. Very difficult to change eating habits but it truly was the best thing for me. I have had a hernia repair, a tummy tuck and feel such much better about myself - better than I have in almost 20 years.
totraceme is offline   Reply With Quote