Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 08:57 AM   #1  

Question Low-carb cookbooks

Hi, I have just started on a low-carb diet and am wondering if anyone has a low-carb cookbook they will like and could recommend. I have been getting recipes from here and other places on the web, but think I would enjoy having a whole book of low-carb recipes. Thanks for any help. Caci
Old 04-27-2003, 11:08 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I don't have a specific low carb cookbook. There are loads of recipes in all the LC diet books plus lots on low carb sites on the Net so I really don't feel the need.
If you don't get any further responses, we can move this post to the Low Carb! board.
Old 05-07-2003, 06:15 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hi Caci

I dont have a lc cookbook either....I use what ever I find on the net. That way I dont have to buy all the recipes Im not interested in

Robin
Old 07-08-2003, 08:45 PM   #4  
GARDENING ADDICT

I recently bought the book "The Good Carb Cookbook~Secrets of Eating Low on the Glycemic Index" by Sandra Woodruff, M.S., R.D.

It is loaded with wonderful recipes and helpful info along with the nutritional info of each recipe. Just thought that I'd share this~
Old 07-12-2003, 11:29 AM   #5  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Default I don't have this one...

but will be ordering it from Chapters or Amazon...supposed to be really good.

Don't know the exact title - something like " 500 low carb recipes" I know the author is Dana Carpender so if you do a search I'm sure you can locate it!

Froufy
Old 07-13-2003, 08:07 AM   #6  

Hi Froufy, This is a great cookbook and one I seem to use all the time, although a few of her receipes call for things I can't find in my small town, most of them are made with things you can buy at the supermarket and sofar haven't found anything I really didn't enjoy. I haven't tried any of her desserts though as sweets are really my weakness. Did get several cookbooks I don't like and probably will sell them on eBay.
Do you have any now that you enjoy using? Caci
Old 07-13-2003, 02:15 PM   #7  

hey caci~
always looking for you!! are you still sbd'ing?? im all over it again, starting today. i will keep you posted. write soon!
Closed Thread