S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: Core/Simply Filling: Oct. 17-23

New Pages!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:37 AM   #2  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

I had a surprising phone call yesterday afternoon I thought it was my DD as she sometimes comes in private caller,but it was my doctor with my bone density test results. While I had him on the phone I told him about my shortness of breath while walking and he told me to hold on and the next thing I heard was the receptionist making an appointment for me today at 3 :15 this afternoon. I was so happy to hear his voice,he was a God sent.I now know I can go into this colonoscopy without any worry.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:31 PM   #3  

That is great news Maryann. I hope he can put your mind at ease, or at least treat whatever is wrong.

I have had a long day already, having had tap practice, followed by a tap lesson to learn some new dances. We're having trouble with the starter on the car so I've had to cancel my gym appointment this afternoon, and I think that's probably OK. I welcome some rest.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:16 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

Hi there. I'm leaving for OA in a few minutes. We've been gone most of the day visiting folks. I'll be subbing the rest of the week, so I prob won't get here much.

Maryann, I'm glad your doctor called. I like that personal touch, too.

Nancy, I hope you find the right church for you. That's sad that your former church wasn't there for you and Robin.

Rhonda, I think it's wonderful you are enjoying tap dancing. Makes me smile.

Got to run. I'll catch ya'll later.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:37 PM   #5  

Sandra's note reminds me...Nancy, do you know the pastor at the church well enough to tell him/her about your disappointments? I know it's difficult to do, but sometimes people don't "get it" until educated. After my husband died, I talked to his doctor and told him some of the frustrations we had felt. It was hard to do, but he thanked me for it and said he had learned.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:18 PM   #6  

Hey chicks. Been shopping all day. It's a long trip into TN and we got home at 9 pm. I wish we had more shopping closer. Had a good day with my daughter.

Maryann, glad you were able to get in to see the dr. so quickly. Hope it's nothing too serious. How was your bone density? I'm due again next spring for mine.

Rhonda, thanks for starting the weekly thread. A day of rest is good.

Sandra, hope your OA meeting was good.

Nancy, I haven't been taking my heart meds daily, like I should. I have CAD and the angina is expected. I don't have it very often and when I do, it takes me a while to remember to take the nitro. I know the drill, and if you remember, the last trip I made to ER with angina, my BP spiked to 226/103 and they sent me home, instead of keeping me overnight for observation. My head felt like it was going to explode and they just ignored me when I told them. I appreciate your concern.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:17 PM   #7  

226/103 and they sent you home! Wow. DH's went up like that once in the MDs office and she gave him some pills and wouldn't let him leave until it came down.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:58 AM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm plugging along; still trying to get back on program.

Anyone have a great recipe....healthy...for chicken tortilla soup? We had a great one that was a little thick and creamy. Maybe I could use nonfat condensed milk?

Hope you all have a great day. I'm off to errands.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:43 AM   #9  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

I woke up early to a nice breakfast of PLAIN TEA and than at 11AM 2 tablets of bisacodyl with a full glass of water.UGH I wish this day was over. Oh well!!! I the only good thing I might lose some weight. My nurse called while I was posting and I now can have jell-o & Popsicles all day long until midnight and instead of having 6 glasses of preparation I can double it up to having is 3 x's today.

I went to the doctor yesterday he took my blood pressure 138/78 and my pulse and he use the stethoscope to listen to my heart. Have to go for a stress test at the hospital on Friday at 8 AM. After he reads the results we go from there. My sister told me that there will perform some other tests on me.

RHONDA-Thanks,When I able to talk to him on phone and I need an appointment I have one right away but if I go though the receptionist I have to wait for a while even if its serious she'll tell you to call 911.Now going to the doctors yesterday I see she's gone,I guess some one turned her in.

SANDRA-I'm very lucky to have an understanding caring doctor. My friends want to find a good doctor like him,but they are hard to find. He doesn't take new patients as he's now the labor arbitrator to the hospital.

PAM-My bone density test told me that my hip & back are fine the only thing I have osteoporosis is in my forearm.So I guess the doctor will keep me on the generic of Fosamax [Alendronate ] for a little while longer,he didn't mention that he was taking me off.

VICKIE-Sorry I don;t have a recipe for chicken tortilla soup as I don't like tortillas.

Have to go I getting hungry and have to have my jello.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:43 AM   #10  

Chicken Tortilla Soup

(Serves 5)

Ingredients

1 tsp. olive oil
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
1 small can green chilies (not too spicy with this amount but you could go with 1/2 can)
1 cup cooked chicken pieces
1 cup frozen corn
1/4 cup dry white wine or water
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
3 cups chicken broth
1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce

1/2 cup low fat Tortilla Chips (optional)

1. Sauté the onion, garlic, and green pepper with olive oil in a large heavy-duty pot.

2. Add all the remaining ingredients to the pot and bring to a boil.

3. Reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook for another 30-40 minutes.

4. Top soup with 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips, if so desired

*Don’t have any leftover cooked chicken? This recipe can be prepared with uncooked chicken cut into small pieces or a couple of boneless skinless chicken breasts. Add the uncooked chicken in step 2 along with the other ingredients. After about 15-20 minutes or so of cooking remove the chicken breasts when cooked through and shred into small pieces. Then return the chicken to the pot to continue cooking.

Found this at Best Easy Healthy Recipes.

Stopping in real quick to say Good Morning. Off to shower and get my hair trimmed.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:40 AM   #11  

Chicken Tortilla Soup is my favorite..

Pioneer Woman has one I haven't tried yet. It looks long but 1/2 of it is preparing the chicken , so if you have leftover or a rotisserie chicken it would be easier. I plan to try it soon. I am not sure how core it is..I don't folllow core very close..

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...tortilla-soup/
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:02 AM   #12  
focused and aiming

We had cheesy tortilla soup at the Collin Street Bakery Saturday.

I have a fantastic group of seniors right now who are working on computer projects. I've known these kids since they were sophomores. Great group!

My eating's been "off" the last few days. I need to get back on track. The OA meeting was good last night. That's helping.

at all of you. Have a great day.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:30 PM   #13  

quiet day here today.

I had a tap performance, and it went rather well. The big test is Thursday.

I also had a nap and dinner out, paying NO attention to calories, just enjoying every morsel. Except the pie. It wasn't that good, and we told the owner and manager. My niece was with us, and she teaches food science, and I KNOW pie. They were very interested in what we had to say. I don't think they will be using that pie supplier anymore.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:08 AM   #14  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Thank you for your messages everyone. They mean a lot. Mum, who will be 92 in January, has been moved to another hospital. There is a slight improvement in her general health, but not in the brain. She thinks I am either her sister or her mother and my husband is a policeman. She speaks in half Welsh and half English. I've warned then that she also speaks French and Latin. She rambles on about people she knew in her past and told me yesterday that the Queen had been to visit her. They got her out of bed yesterday but she couldn't stand. The physios are working on her. It looks like she will survive this setback, but won't be able to go back to the home because her needs are so much greater. She has gone from being a resident to being a patient. She is examined and reviewed every day and they estimate it will take at least 2 weeks to see where we go from here. The hospital is beautiful, very modern and 14 miles from where we live, and the emotional support I have had is really wonderful.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:32 AM   #15  
focused and aiming

JoJo, I'm glad your mom is getting help and am also glad you're getting support.

Rhonda, we've found that some places' pies have almost no taste. I'm glad you and your niece talked to them.