Old 10-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #1  

Height: 5'0"

Default Allergic to Supplements?

Hi, I'm new to the MRC diet--just started yesterday. Unfortunately, I have an allergic reaction today (rash, bumps, swelling, redness). Has anyone else had a reaction to any of the supplements? I do know I'm allergic to sulfa, but didn't see that as an ingredient on any of the boxes.

I'm trying to remember which ones I bought (I'm at work). One set of three she called the Three Musketeers. I think I have the multivitamin, glucose, fish oil, MRC-6, corti-something, phen-something, plus the fiber drink. There may be one more, but I can't remember them all right now. Taking Benadryl....
PamBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/159/133

Height: 5'4"

YES! I posted something probably a year/year and a half ago when I first joined. Mine was on my face....I know that B vitamins can cause a "flush" (usually referred to as a niacin flush). I think also B6 in combo with a lot of direct sun is known to cause an irritating red rash. If you are taking the B6 seperately, you might want to stop that b/c there is A LOT of B6 between all the supplements you are taking. After I stopped taking the B6 altogether my rash stopped. Hope that helps.
shopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:27 PM   #3  

stop everything except for the vitamin and fish oil and see if it clears up
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:02 PM   #4  

Height: 5'0"

Default Thanks

Thanks for the answers. The reaction may be due to a spider bite because it started in my finger, spread to my face, then chest, then legs. But I'm still going to do as suggested and add supplements back in one at a time. Thanks!
PamBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 167/148/130

Height: 5'3"

I HAVE SEVERE SHELL FISH ALLERGY..........MRC 6 and several other supplements have shellfish in them.
I find it funny b/c only one person, my counselor, knew these products have allergens.......everyone else there tries to sell me on them all the time. I say I would but........I don't feel like dying anytime soon. :P
I think they should have labels on all bottle that contain allergens.
InfiinityFreshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 167/148/130

Height: 5'3"

I forgot to add to my last post that alot of people with iodine or sulfa drugs allergens can be allergic to shell fish.
InfiinityFreshman is offline   Reply With Quote