South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 06:03 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Thursday's SBD Chat for 10/13

Good morning <--- I am not that perky any morning and definitely not when I get up at 5 am. We are off to Boston for pre-admission stuff and a neuro appointment. We will also see the surgeon and make the case for waiting a week or hopefully two for the surgery. DW is still not sleeping and just starting to get her appetite back. We are balancing tumor growth vs. her overall health and want her to be as strong as possible before the procedure.

It drives the cats crazy when we get up early. They think it's feeding time and don't understand why I make them wait. They are both staring at me already

Cottage - hope you and the girls had a fun evening

Debbie - I know what you mean about WiFi. I'm bringing the Kindle today but it's hard to get much real reading done in those places.
Great job planning ahead

Skinny - congratulations on your gym success! Actually sounds like fun too.

Angie - scapes are one of the best things about growing garlic. We do love our garlic around here. I planted just 15 bulbs, that's enough for scapes but not too much to use (no cold storage here in the summer)

Okay, time to get planning (thanks Debbie!) and moving.

Last edited by CyndiM; 10-13-2011 at 06:11 AM.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning,

Cyndi, I hope things go well today.

I'm all packed except for my toiletries. We are leaving my house at 8. Last time I went to the Shrimp Festival, there was a vendor from Louisiana, near where I grew up. I smelled his food before I saw him. He was the real, Cajun deal! Hopefully, he will be there. Shrimp and seafood gumbo.... mmmm On that note, I have to get ready! See you Chickies Monday!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:59 AM   #3  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning,

Things are sure quite around here today. I guess we need Ruth to stir things around.

I am so disappointed in myself, Thanksgiving was great but I caved in so badly. I really have to work on controlling myself during the holidays. Dread Christmas coming up.

Cyndi - hope eveything works out with the Dr.

Chelby - don't get a sunburn. Heck even I can almost smell his food.

Everyone to come have a good SBD day.

take care
Sophie
Old 10-13-2011, 09:14 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I slept 10 hours last night. Apparently I needed it. Yesterday's dr appt was long then mom upchucked in my car at the same time sis was calling needing uplifting. I give myself credit for not coming home and deciding that "food would fix it". OP yesterday and I have a plan for today.

Okie(BellaLucia), great to see you're OP! Glad to hear, too, that you're enjoying your new apt. Nice that you can walk to the library (where I assume you use the computer). Walk more often so you can check in with us!

Cyndi, safe travels!

Chelby, have a great time!

sophie, ouch for your Thanksgiving extravaganza yet kudos for moving on while thinking about a holiday plan. I'm wondering if you have access to a "Beck Diet Solution" book through your library. She outlines great strategies for holidays and special occasions. It really helps me to solidify my "plan".

Karen, sorry to hear you're having some major stressors. Write a card, "Food Will Not Fix_____________" and carry it with you, reading it often. I do find the cards really help.

Ok, off to my list of fun things to do. My car looks like an episode of "Mobile Hoarders", with all the junk from moms. It's really difficult sometimes, as I try to keep my own life in order, to have to deal with hers, too. Oh well. Painting, too, but just a small area. Perhaps some puzzling at the library and PLANNED EXERCISE!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 10-13-2011, 09:17 AM   #5  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning Cyn - Fingers crossed for you all here too!
Chelby - have a great time
Sophie - just get back on track!

As for me, at a conference this morning. Only good part is that I can wear jeans! Raining here - would much rather be in bed! Going to go get some free coffee!!! Can't wait to see what lunch brings :eyeroll: The only good thing is that this weekend (birthday weekend as my 34th is on a MONDAY, ick) I get to go shopping for new sneakers and a few more fitting shirts. And we're almost at the weekend! Well, not on Sat since I got suckered into working but at least I get Tuesday off as a comp day (we're getting LEGALLY married in DC, though our wedding was 5 years ago).

Have a great one all!

ETA: Hi Debbie! Our car did too until DW finally cleaned it so we could fit her family in it last weekend! Should I send her up to you?

Last edited by jenne1017; 10-13-2011 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Cyndi - I hope all goes well with the appointments today.

Chelby - Have fun! Yum.

Sophie - Holidays are hard! Just get back on track today and we'll all talk each other through Christmas.

Debbie - Yikes! And kudos to you for not eating the emotions. I'm hanging in there myself.

Jenn - Tuesday is the wedding? What a great birthday present

Not much happening here. Must get out today to buy candy for my boys' Halloween care packages. Got detoured yesterday at Best Buy where my husband and I looked at tablets. We are thinking of treating ourselves for the holidays. Anyone have a tablet? I'm pretty cheap so it is the "want" vs. "need" debate in my mind right now. How cool would it be for traveling and catching up on here! Eating has been OP since I got back from my road trip. Beans in the crock pot. Cardio at home later.

Have a great day!
Old 10-13-2011, 10:07 AM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaistingTime View Post
Jenn - Tuesday is the wedding? What a great birthday present
Yup! 2:30p. We are going to trek into DC and do lunch somewhere to 'celebrate'. Need to buy a white blouse as well this weekend!
Old 10-13-2011, 07:45 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

I know this is posting late but want to stay accountable.

Cyndi fingers crossed that they will delay atleast by a week.

Sounds like everyone else is doing good.

Things are so crazy busy at work I don't have a second to myself since I am wearing three hats, I will be glad when I get promoted so I can replace myself (current position) that will ease the stress and then when I get home it's busy time again. Working full time and motherhood lol

Next week I am off to Oklahoma City for a Forum Monday through Thursday so I am hoping the hotel will have high speed in the room and I will be able to check in. I am looking forward to this because I will not have to deal with any work issues just learning information to bring back, I need the break. Forgot to mention, I am going by myself and I don't feel guilty about taking a break from the family either.

Today is day for of Phase 1 and I feel so much better and in control. This time around I have not had any sf desserts- I think this was my downfall last time on phase 2. I have eliminated the majority of the artificial sweetners I used to use.

Sorry for the long posting, just had a moment before having to go pick up DD2 from soccer practice and I missed reading everyones post.

Have a great evening and I will try to get on in the morning if I have a chance- trying to get as much done as possible off my to do list so I don't have so much to come back to

Last edited by Pearlrose; 10-13-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hello everyone, gotta run!
Old 10-13-2011, 09:29 PM   #10  
I think I can...

Hope everyone had a great day and stayed op!
Cyndi hope everything works out!
Jenne: Have a GREAT B'day weekend and congrats on your LEGAL wedding!
As for me I'm having a great week restarted phase 1 and so far so good. I keep forgetting to weigh myself, but stepped on the scale in the middle of the day after eating and wearing clothes and was STILL down 5 pounds how about that!?
Been arguing with DH since Saturday funny thing is I can't even remember what the original argument was about lol. He texted me today with a link to a beautiful restaurant on the waterfront and said he made reservations for my Birthday! Yay!! So I guess he doesn't remember what the original argument was about either.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:56 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Evening ladies...just popping in to say hello. Been working security at the fair all week (barricades and buildings and so on) and have learned I'm not nearly as young as I used to be. HOWEVER, it has been a GREAT reminder of how far I have come b/c pre-SouthBeach I would've been curled up in bed w/ back spasms and in severe pain if I stood on my feet for more than an hour (much less for the 6 - 8 hours I've been doing every day this week). Not to mention, extra $$$ is always good, LOL

Hope you ladies are doing well!!!
Closed Thread