South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 04:51 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Wednesday Chat, Oct 5

Good Morning

I tried to postpone the inevitable by going back to sleep but it didn't work. It's travel day, so I might as well just get moving. It's our first trip of the season where I need to be mindful of road conditions. It's raining here which can easily mean "big mess" atop both of the passes. So far it seems it's raining there, too. I'll be careful.

My relationship with food took a real dive yesterday. It's the first time in ages that I've really stress eaten. I'm grateful that I'm able to get right back on track and I plan to dedicate my day to doing just that. I went to our CSA and got lots of yummy greens yesterday and so I just need to prepare the foods I enjoy and cut out the emotional eating.

Great news, Cyndi, that Julie has returned home. I hope you both have a restful day together.

What's on your agenda today? Stop by and say hi!

I'll look forward to hearing from all of you from the other side of the great Continental Divide...I'm headed East.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Debbie - Good morning, and I hope you get a nap sometime! Drive safely, and enjoy that amazing you view you have.

I'm not quite with it, just starting on the coffee. Same ole, same ole for me today....work, then maybe a run, then prepare for our trip. I do have a CE meeting tonight that will get me out for a couple of hours.

Mmmmm...and I have beans on the stove for red beans and rice!
Old 10-05-2011, 06:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Debbie, I hope you have a stress-free day today, and that you have an easy drive through the passes. Be careful!

Chelby, thanks for sharing a picture of Auston with us. How did his day go?

Cyndi, I hope Julie had a good night and you both slept well.

I finally got a good night's sleep, and feel so much better for it. I need to really work on turning off my brain at bedtime. It's looking to be an easy day today, with just Pony Club after school. Cindy takes the girls to that since she's one of the leaders, and I get to leave early.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Twynn! I've never made red beans and rice, but it sounds like a nice addition to my Autumn meals. I'm making Butternut Squash soup with Whole Wheat Quick Bread w/Zatar, Feta, Olives, and Green Onions. I've been waiting for the perfect day to make that bread, and I just hope I can control my willpower with it. Are you all ready for your big trip?
Old 10-05-2011, 06:50 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Dawn is just cracking here and it looks like we just might see the sun today. It's been absent for a whole week!

Debbie, good for you in grabbing back the reins and not giving in completely to emotional eating. Safe trip!

Twynn, I've never had red beans and rice. Is it a southern thing? I must cook up some beans though and add them to the stash.

Good morning, Linda. I'm glad you are sleeping better and having an easier day.

I managed to sleep until 6 this morning but am now in fifth gear. I have to run through the house with the Dyson as some little black dog has been shedding for some reason. I wonder if it's from being skunked. He goes for a haircut tomorrow which should help. Three of the quilting biddies (nice ones) are coming for coffee this morning so I need to tiddle up the house a bit.

At noon today, we three are invited to a Thanksgiving lunch at the Clinic with the Pet Therapy clients. I may have to break my "No food for the dogs" rule. It's a plated lunch so there will definitely be leftovers on my plate. Soup and salad for dinner tonight.

Thinking of Cyndi and Julie this morning and hope things are relaxed and normal at their house.

Time to start chipping away at the Hump!
Old 10-05-2011, 07:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

cottage - glad you got a good night's sleep. One of the little headlines on yahoo today (?) was that a good night's sleep might be the biggest thing in fighting obesity!

Ruth -Mmmm, enjoy your lunch! Glad you got some sleep too!

I'm not sure how I stumbled on the red beans and rice, I think just wandering thru Kalyn's kitchen. I think it's more of a Louisiana thing? ANyway, I really enjoy it:
http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2010/02...ana-style.html

Someone had asked yesterday, we're going to the grand canyon!! (and zion national park, and bryce canyon national park...)
Old 10-05-2011, 07:12 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I never thought I'd be so happy to sit here writing out my To DO list for the day We do have a previously scheduled neuro appt. but our day will be relatively "normal". DW is actually still sleeping and did quite well after a somewhat rocky start. now she needs more of those good nights. thanks everyone for all the kind words, thoughts and just letting me take up space venting.

Debbie - safe travels over the mtns.I've got CSA pickup tomorrow and am looking forward to some greens here too. What's your favorite recipe?

Cottage - Hope your day is short and calm. Hooray for a good night's sleep

Twynn - mmm, beans and rice. Time to fire up the crockpot!

Ruth - Enjoy your busy but fun day.

On my To Do list - food planning! I am proud to say I didn't go off plan much the last 10 days but less happy that I just ate a lot some days and moved way too little. I often felt that I just needed more protein and ate more than I needed to. I'm a little afraid of the scale today but might as well get on with it. My goal this year is not to gain my winter 10 lbs. All the medical stuff and being off schedule and away from home will make that harder but I have the tools, just need to apply them.

Happy Hump Day friends!
Old 10-05-2011, 08:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Good Morning!

I was up before my alarm this morning?! Maybe the SBD early rising is spreading...

Dinner last night at my parents was fun. My mom and dad, brother and sister, and their two kids were there. Talked a lot about Chessa and my house hunt, of course my parents are the voices of reason and I am tempted to get cranky when they give advice, but then I realize it's all true! We're going to look at 4 houses on Friday, so I'm looking forward to getting the actual show on the road. Question: Does anyone have fuel oil heat? (I think that is what it is called).

On the deck today is work and then probably dog park because we've been busy the last couple days and the poor dogs are going crazy! The weather is not my favorite right now. Fall is my favorite season and all week it has been in the 80's! I feel like every warm day in October is just stealing a 50 degree day from me. Hopefully a long fall will follow, and not just winter come November 1.

Debbie - Sorry you had a rough food day...but good for you for recognizing it and creating a plan. I hope that travels today are safe and enjoyable!
Twynn - What do you do for work? Hope you have a great day, beans and rice sounds great! But is it a main dish or a side? Maybe I missed that part.
Cottage - Do you enjoy your work? I have always thought I would love to be a nanny, or even house manager, as it sounds like you are sometimes.
Ruth - Have fun with your quilting buddies today! We break the no table scraps rule when we are at "grandma and grandpa's" (Chessa's parents). They feed their dog scraps and we take that chance to give them a special treat!
Cyndi - HOORAY! I was very excited to see that Julie is back home and resting. Enjoy your return to normalcy.

Alright...time to get out of the office and get work started. Have a fantastic day, everyone.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:55 AM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Debbie - I am right there with you on the touch food day! First time since July and my stomach is not too happy. Craving is out of my system (along with everything else!). Here's to hoping we're on track today!
Twynn - dinner sounds yum!
Cottage - Yay for sleep! Hope you get another restful night tonight.
Ruth - make time for yourself in there somewhere!
Cyndi - so glad to hear about Julie! I am with you - no winter layers here!
Angie - I love those 50 degree days too - feggetabout the 70s!!!

As for me, I am running really late because of my stomach issues. I am also searching for a few things on my scavenger hunt list but think I am going to have to call it quits soon. All pictures are due tonight at 8p and if I don't get moving, I will be at work until then!

We have an official date of Oct. 18 (day after my bday in fact) to head to the courthouse to get hitched (again). Only DW's work/family event is that night and it's a hockey game so I think we'll be getting hitched in jeans
Old 10-05-2011, 09:47 AM   #10  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

I am proud to announce that Auston won 1st Place in his class for being the Tackiest Dressed yesterday. I'm so proud.... <sniff> Today is Wild Hair Day. His hair is only 1 inch long, so I gelled him up and sent him to school. He asked, "Why can't you have Wild Hair Day at work?" Some days, we do.

Don't have time for personals today. Hope you all have a great day, and those who deserve a nap, hope it's a nice one.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:09 AM   #11  
Mem7883

S/C/G: 119/119/108

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning everyone. Just needed to vent about the hotel "breakfast" I just had and I'm so happy to check in with fellow SBD chicks who will understand my intentions and frustrations!

I'm staying in a Sheraton for the next 2 weeks for work, in a room with no fridge, near no grocery store. Breakfast is provided here at the hotel and meals are catered on our work site. I am now in Phase 1.5 and REALLY working to stay on plan over these weeks. At home, I have so many delicious options to keep me satisfied, but I am really struggling to figure it out on the road so far. I just came from the breakfast and the only thing I could eat was a bowl of scrambled eggs. NOTHING ELSE was SBD ok....the yogurt was full of sugar, there were potatoes AND hash browns, cereal, bagels, bread, juice, muffins, you name it. I feel awful saying "there's nothing to eat" in front of all that food, but I feel so unsatisfied, and I know that kind of mood is what sets me up for a slip-up. At least I am VERY aware of that and have stayed the course so far....
But really?! Just a big gloppy bowl of eggs.... I can't really afford it, but is room service my only option to stay balanced here? Help!

Okay, ranting and venting completed....heading to work and crossing my fingers about the catering...

Thanks for listening everyone : )
Old 10-05-2011, 10:22 AM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

Off to the gym shortly for my "Friday" workout with my mom since I'll be leaving then for my road trip. When I was out and about returning clothes yesterday, I managed to buy stuff too Two new workout tops which I desperately need since mine are getting so ratty, and a pair of workout pants which I DON'T "need" but it is so hard to find any that fit right. Still debating returning them; I have 30 days. But they might be great for my spa trip in December.

Anyone else ever shop at LuLu Lemon? We have a new store here and I was not impressed BUT they shorten stuff for free, which I love since I'm rather petite.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone! Gotta keep reminding myself what day it is!
Old 10-05-2011, 10:51 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

We had a quick trip...it was above freezing the entire way so roads were good. We actually arrived 2 hrs ago but I got things unpacked and really NEEDED to prep meals for the day since I had such a screwed up day yesterday. Two of those days in a row is not acceptable. I went through the freezer and dumped all kinds of leftovers into a big pot of stew and prepped an absolutely fantastic salad. That should cover all bases. I just need to make my green smoothie and call mom...then perhaps catch that nap.

Karen, now I'll keep thinking it's Friday....have a great workout.

mem7883, I hope things improve...perhaps room service will be the only solution...keeping my fingers crossed for your catered meals.

Angie, I hope you and the pups make it to the park. Don't worry about the heat..I guarantee it WILL get cooler.

jenne, hope you feel better! You've got a busy day. Yay for an official date...your jeans will contrast your beautiful dresses from your "other" wedding.

Ruth, have fun at all your events today!

Chelby, Yay for Auston!

Linda, sending you willpower for that yummy sounding bread!

Twynn, thx for the recipe! We are exactly 8 hours from Zion. It's my favorite!

Cyndi, hmm....my favorite recipe...I love sweet potato/lentil/spinach curry stew. I love our veggie pizzas on Ezekial tortillas. How about you? My new thing I want to try is spinach lasagna roll ups. I'm also adoring spaghetti squash w/ marinara sauce and also love tossing some in my lunch salad. I hope you get in and out of the neuro. office quickly.

OK, call mom...

Linda,
Old 10-05-2011, 11:02 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, another quick flyby for me as well.

Lots of work to do but atleast some of it is fun. It's customer service week so we are having lots of fun events for staff to participate in. Tomorrow is the awards luncheon, I get to handle handing out out awards this year, hopefully will not botch it.

Okay back to work, have a great day everyone.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 129/120/112

Height: 5 Feet

Afternoon everyone. Well both of our computers are out of commission so I can't do personals but this is a super tough day in the house. Besides the pcs broken we have bed bugs. I want to cry!!!! Thank god I'm off from work today so the exterminator is coming and we will go from there. I can't help but think this is from when I was helping out some girls in a halfway house, ugh.

Anywho had a fabulous lunch of cauliflower "rice" and Dijon horseradish shrimp and I'm gonna treat me and df to wheat pizza tonight. Extremely excited to eat that!!!

Wish us luck with this nasty bug issue. I swear we are very clean people. Lol
Closed Thread