Old 09-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #1  
Completely INSANE

S/C/G: 180/130/120

Height: 5'4"

Default Shaun T's INSANITY

Had to move the convo here since our thread got closed

So I did Max Interval Circuit yesterday and my husband said he wanted to do it with me (never having done one singe day before that)... Normally I would have said H*LL NO, but I figured since he wanted to jump right in and play with the big dogs I would let him LOL... Needless to say he made it about halfway and decided riding his bike in the park might better suit him HAHAHAHAHAhahahahah He was pretty surprised at the intensity... he was even sweatier than Shaun T was at the end (kinda felt bad for him... but only a tiny bit hahaha) He is thinking about starting with me on round two... which is both good and bad, noticed when he was with me working out I REALLY dug deep.. maybe a wee bit too deep... But maybe that's just what I need to get me to the next level...

Wheeeeeeeewww Max Plyo today... my shoulders kill right now hahaha... ONLY 12 DAYS LEFT of round one Wooooooo Hooooooooo Then on to round two...

Hope you guys had GREAT workouts today!!

munstermommy & dangerous, I completely agree with you guys, there is something about this program that just lights a fire under ya... even when I started this I was thinking I'll do it once... not gonna turn into a workout junkie... but I think it has been just the thing I have needed to get me going and keep me going! Already planning on doing so much more after this which is INSANE!

peachyfuture
- Congrats on day 43! This is a tough program!!! I just finished day 51, Can't wait to get to 63 and do it all over lol... We are all a bunch of Insanity nuts here... the more the merrier!!!

Jessica- I feel ya! The first week is honestly hands down the worse... It will get better though (THANK GOD!)... I know what you mean about it being hard to talk to people. All my friends are mostly twigs too... and they all seem to have mega metabolisms... and the ones that aren't don't want to hear about me working out and dieting LOL.... So it is nice to be able to come on here!!
Melissa Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 248/238/148

Height: 5' 7"

Melissa- Hahaha I bet that's an awesome feeling to have more endurance than your husband. I've noticed that I work harder when I'm working out with someone else too. Hooray for 12 days left!

I work at a day care room inside our town's recreation center, and I only get around 3-5 kids per shift, but so far this morning, I've got NONE. I've been here for two hours, and I've been sitting at the desk on this forum the whole time, so my muscles kind of settled and got sore.
So just a few minutes ago, I got up and started doing stretches. Not just like "oh, let me throw my arms in the air for a second" stretches- like lunges and shoulder cross workout stretches.
It made me feel better, until about 5 minutes in, I got a text message from my boss. It said
"What are you doing? o_O"
I forgot there's a security camera in here. It hooks up right to my boss's office.
So embarrassed.

Last edited by JessicasInsanity; 09-27-2011 at 01:44 PM.
JessicasInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:44 PM   #3  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Height: 5'6"

Default Week 2/Month 2/Round 2

Bummer on the original thread being closed , but wow there was a crap load of posts lol! Here is my post from today:

Hey Girls!

Max Interval Circuit today-OMG that has to be the worst circuit EVER lol!!!!!!!! It is sooooooooooo long and freaking seriously kicks my butt every time! I really don't think that any of the max workouts will ever seem "easy" no matter how many rounds I do or what I add to my workout regimen lol! Hit the gym for cardio and then I did a Pilates class because I realized I need the breathing/core/stretching as a counterpoint to this craziness. It wasn't easy I will tell you that. I am in great shape but it still took a lot of effort to do everything correctly and I am stoked to add it in twice a week . I just realized that I am at a point where everything is a "2" week/month/round lol! That will only happen once . I am thinking after I do another month 2 I am going to get back into race training and man I know I am going to be FAST! I can't wait to hook back up with my training buddies and show them how kick a$$ I am now LMAO!!!!!!!!! Hope you girls had a good morning, and that we all have another good day then...RECOVERY DAY THURSDAY YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!

Melissa-OMG I can't believe it you are sooooooooo close to finishing Round 1 ! So amazing! I can't wait for you to find out how you feel on week 1 of Round 2, I swear you feel like the most amazing stud on the face of the planet when you bust out Plyo Circuit doing like a million squat jacks lol! You will kick butt!!!!!!!! I am with you for another month of month 2 so I will be here still! I am also going to continue to do Insanity about 3 times a week for cross training when I start running again, probably a few Max workouts and Max Recovery. Keep working woman, you are doing AWESOME!!!!!!

Jessica
-Just like Melissa said the first week is the absolute worst, you feel like heck (lol) and every muscle is screaming during each workout. IT WILL GET BETTER!!!! Stick with it and come on here to vent how much you hate Shaun T for kicking your a$$ but how much you love him because you are getting into crazy shape lol! Here's the thing with naturally thin friends-you will be able to say at then end of this that you have completed one of the toughest workouts out there, COULD THEY HAND WITH YOU? HECK NO!!!!!!!!!! So being skinny is one thing, but being in ridiculous, kick your a$$, look at my shiny pretty muscles, you could bounce a quarter off my a$$ or any other part of my anatomy shape is SO-MUCH-BETTER!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!

dangerous-Core cardio and balance is a little bit boring, that is why I added some stuff to it for Round 2. I know how you feel, almost put out that there is no yelling, or at least some sweaty pointing through the tv! HAHA! It is nice though to give those muscles a tinsy break, so enjoy it because you KNOW that they are going to get a beating starting 5 days from now lol! Keep working through it and you will get all the excited, butt kicking Shaun T you can handle in a few days lol .

peachyfuture
-HELLO! Welcome to our craziness venting thread lol! We love Insanity and we have a lot to talk about . Keep working, don't let that motivation flag you won't regret it I PROMISE!!!!!!!!!

Okay girls, going to get baby girl up from nap and lunch and DS ready for school. Hope you all had a great time digging deep and one more day till recovery yesssssssssss!
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:45 PM   #4  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

Jessica-OMG that made me laugh so hard I almost peed my pants lol!!!!! just tell him that you were trying to set a good example for anyone who comes in to drop off their kid lol!
Old 09-27-2011, 01:52 PM   #5  
Completely INSANE

Quote:
Originally Posted by munstermommy View Post
Jessica-OMG that made me laugh so hard I almost peed my pants lol!!!!! just tell him that you were trying to set a good example for anyone who comes in to drop off their kid lol!
o

I too laughed pretty fricken hard! That is so funny and not... all at the same time!! Sounds like something I would do hahaha

Bummer about the thread being closed... ah oh well now the cool kids get to start over on our NEW Insanity thread LOL
Old 09-27-2011, 01:59 PM   #6  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Lynn View Post
o

now the cool kids get to start over on our NEW Insanity thread LOL
THIS
Old 09-28-2011, 09:46 AM   #7  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Default Recovery Week/ Round 1

Hey...was wondering where you guys were.

Well ladies, it looks like I'll be adding two additional Insanity workouts to my schedule this week. My cousin is committed to digging deep not once but twice a week, at least through the holidays. Which of course is great cause I have a partner in crime. But on the other hand, SUCKS for me during my Recovery Week! So today we knocked out Pure Cardio/Abs at 6 am and later tonight I'll have to squeeze in a quick run and CC & Balance.

Melissa: You're getting soooooooo close to the end of Round 1!!! WTG! I hope your hubby decides to do Round 2 w/ you. What a bonding experience that would be. And you already know you would be kicking a$$ and he'd be struggling to keep up w/ his super strong wife. (PRICELESS)

Jessica: I got a big laugh out your work story! I can just imagine your boss sitting there watching you bending like a pretzel. Wondering what the heck is she doing?

munstermommy: Woo-hoo! Look at you! Almost ready to do another Month 2. Run training after that is going to be a blast!

Well ladies, they're not paying me to play on the computer. Gotta run and try to do something "productive."

Have a wonderful day!

Last edited by dangerouscurves76; 09-28-2011 at 09:49 AM.
dangerouscurves76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:09 AM   #8  

I cried during this morning's workout. I really did.
I think I might have pushed myself a little too hard, but I know that's what will get me results.
At first, I thought that my schedule for today was Cardio Recovery. Nope.
I read the calendar wrong. Cardio POWER. I'm doing the workout off of my laptop DVD player, and I got so pissed at the workout sometimes, I wanted to throw it at a wall.
I think it helped when I watched the DVD the night before doing the work out. I didn't do that this time. I'll definitely do it for tomorrow.
I hope everyone's having a good time going INSANE. I know, even though I'm pissed off and exhausted, I'm still having a good time with it.
Best wishes to everyone today.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #9  

I would also life to report that I did my 3 main measurements this morning, and in 3 days, somehow I have already lost an inch off of my hips and an inch and a half off of my waist.
Water weight explains the 1.5 inches from my waist- but smaller in my hips already? Definitely awesome. I did the measurement 4 times because I didn't believe it, but they definitely are smaller.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:54 PM   #10  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

Hey girls!

Max Plyo Interval this morning. I weigh in officially tomorrow so looking for a loss. I had a great moment at the gym today when I was training a friend of mine. A lady who knows her stopped by us when we were on a rest period and started talking to us. My friend told her I was letting her work out with me and helping her out. The lady asked me if I was/am an athlete or former athlete (which I am, college soccer) but she said I looked so strong and athletic! That freakin made my day and is a testimony to how fast Insanity works because i didn't look like my college soccer days on ANY planet 3 months ago lol! Hope u ladies r working it and digging deeper! I am going to come back later to post personals since I am on my phone DH took my laptop to work . Hit it girls!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by munstermommy; 09-28-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:07 AM   #11  
Completely INSANE

ah Another day another workout! Max Cardio and Cardio Abs. Definitely not my best performance today. Not quite sure what was up but just wasn't feeling it. Still pushed play, still dug deep... probably could have gave a little more but was still covered in sweat by the end. I guess just doing it is half the battle sometimes... day 52 done.

So I have told myself no buying any clothing till I finish up all these crazy workouts I am penciling into my schedule... but had to break down and go buy some workout clothing... I have been resorting to leggings for two weeks now because all my sweats and yoga pants have been sliding off my butt when I'm digging deep with my man Shaun T & InsanityŽ... needless to say there was nothing in my size... my Mom proceeded to hand me a "Medium" and was like "here's one"... I almost wanted to biatch slap her... I grabbed a large in another color (not my number one choice but at this point anything would be better than the leggings hahaha)... and I took her Medium to "humor" her and what do ya know.... the large was to large and the medium was just right... felt like a kid in a candy store LOL... ah today was a good day....

munstermommy- That is AWESOME!! It is things like that that make ya say h*ll yeah and break out into a happy dance! My hubby has been taking a LOT more notice lately and it feels amazing when you know you are working hard and the results are noticeable to other! I love that feeling... Enjoy it!! YOU EARNED IT!

dangerous- It is nice having a partner!! And you GO GIRL I can't get over how much you guys do... hahaha more power to ya!!

Jessica- Keep on digging! You will fall into the flow soon.... That is crazy about your measurements!!! Hope you have a great recovery workout tomorrow.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:01 AM   #12  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone!

munstermommy has recommended I 1-2-3 over to this thread since I started Insanity last week! I'm on Day 11 and LOVING IT! I will be sure to come back and post in a bit more detail, but wanted to stop by before I get ready for work . INSANITY ALL THE WAAAAAYYYY =D
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:58 AM   #13  
Completely INSANE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
Hi everyone!

munstermommy has recommended I 1-2-3 over to this thread since I started Insanity last week! I'm on Day 11 and LOVING IT! I will be sure to come back and post in a bit more detail, but wanted to stop by before I get ready for work . INSANITY ALL THE WAAAAAYYYY =D

Day 11 wtg! It is CRAZY insane huh! We all must be too for loving it hahaha!

I like the blog! I blogging about it greatly helped me! I took a crap load of pics too... all in biggest loser fashion letting it all hang out! Even did a day 1-30 clip vid... and it really helps to look back! Almost thought I would be hearing from Ed Hardy afterwards offering to pay me NOT to wear his bikini... definitely a view at your own risk moment LOL!! jk... but not really hahahaha

WTG and keep it up... Insanity is AWESOME!!!!!

Last edited by Melissa Lynn; 09-29-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:31 PM   #14  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

Hey Girls!

Okay so two days until day off lol! I am actually looking forward to the day off this week lol! Today was Max Recovery, and I swear I shake and my abs, arms, and butt just burn the whooooooooooooole time . I hope thta you ladies are having a great day DIGGING DEEPER, I think we are all on recovery day so that just rocks haha! Oh, down to 152.4 for official weigh in today, super stoked about it! Let's work tomorrow people, just 2 days till "rest" lol!

Melissa-You are so funny . Your pics look so great, the improvement is beyond obvious! I am so proud of you that you are kicking a$$ with this and you are still going strong and going to start Round 2 SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Keep digging, I know how you felt the other day when you just weren't feeling it, sometimes I feel like that too. I wake up at 545am and think, oh man I don't know if I can do this. But you just do what you did-suck it up and bust it out. So what if it's not your "best" effort? It is a heck of a lot better than anyone who ISN'T doing Insanity that day haha! So embrace those days too, because killing yourself on the days when you really don't feel like it is what makes you HARDCORE woman! Great job .

Rie-YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY you made it here lol! Welcome to the crazy house lol. I think we all seriously have problems since we are voluntarily subjecting ourselves to this torture lol! You are seeing the results though, and none of us can deny the changes in our bodies and in "shape". Stick with it, I am so happy you are joining in this great program .

Jess-WOW the inches lost is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome job . You are doing so great, keep busting it out girl! You can see this will change your body for the better, just stick with it . We are here for you!!!!!

Okay ladies time to get baby girl up from nap pretty soon. Hope we all have a restful rest of the day (unless you still have to keep your date with Shaun T lol). Tomorrow I think is Max Cardio Conditioning or Max Interval oh boy! Hoping tomorrow morning goes well haha!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:28 PM   #15  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Ok so I'm back and now have more time to rant!

A bit of background - I started my weight loss seriously when I joined this site at the end of April, then at the end of June I focused on my exercise to lose weight by training for a 10k. I got a serious running bug, so after the 10k I started half marathon training. Unfortunately the weather is terrible here, so I wanted to do a challenging home workout. I had done the 30DS, but found it to be a bit boring after a while. munstermommy was always ranting about Insanity and how tough it was, so I got it and just got so excited/scared about it right away.

I was initially going to do Insanity after the half marathon, but again, the weather was making it not fun to exercise outside so I decided to start it early. And now I'm 11 days in!! I love it, I love how the sweat drips off me even when I'm doing the stretching, and I love how varied each day is. I even love Shaun T and some of the cheesy things he says, because sometimes the timing is perfect! I feel like going a bit slower and he's like "YOU CAN DO THIS!" and I say "YES, I CAN!!!" It's kinda sad but true!!

Today was Plyometric Cardio Circuit (I took a rest day early yesterday because I had a fuzzy head due to my cold!) - ARGH I HATE JUMPING! I'm seriously the worlds worse jumper. I can't get that far off the ground. I also, and shame on me, pulled something in my lower back during the suicide drills. I think I wasn't keeping my core tight enough or bending my knees - I SACRIFICED FORM, MAN! Bad me. But I carried on with the other stuff, just took it easy with all the squats!

Man, I hate those people during the stretching who can do a deep lunge and get all the way down!! I'm not sure if I'm just failing at it, but I can NOT do that move without seriously leaning my knee over my toe!!

Melissa - Thanks for the welcome! I update my blog with my progress, but I tend to rant on the boards!! I think letting it all hang out is the best way to track your progress, I know when I'm 130 lbs I'm gonna look back and think "DAYUM! Look how far I've come!" I noticed we are the same height and have the same goal!! Congrats on your progress! Is this your first time at Insanity? How much weight have you lost with it?

munster - Gotta love the mad house, it's where I belong!! I'm actually quite nervous about Phase 2...all those MAX this and MAX that scares the bejebus outta me!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote