Old 09-25-2011, 04:47 PM   #1  
Woman on mission!

Height: 5'9

Unhappy Frustrated with the same ol same ol!!!

Sick, sick, sick of eating the same old foods, which consists of: boneless/skinless chicken breast, variety of cold water fatty fish, non-starchy vegetables, salads, almonds, pecans and walnuts. I LOVE variety, but can't eat the variety I love! I've got to find/design an eating plan that will allow me a wider variety that won't spike my blood sugar. Dr. Richard Bernstein says no Chickpeas, so there goes my totally amazing and yummy homemade healthy hummus dip! I no longer buy Eckrich Farm meats. Why? Corn Syrup and Dextrose. Dr. Bernstein says to stay away from any sugar ending in ose or ol. No longer can I enjoy decaf coffee because I can't use cream. Might as well stop eating all together!!!
Butter_Butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:21 PM   #2  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I remember reading a consumer reports article about diets, and it suggested that people get bored over time with their diets, and it keeps the weight off. However, most diets have more variety than we use. We just tend to stick to certain foods/recipes most of the time, because its easier. Go back to your diet books and find something new and exciting to rev your diet up!
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 288/188/130

Height: 5" 5'

Sounds to me like you need a bit of spice in your diet. Chicken and fish can taste fab if you spice it up a bbit. Chilli and garlic are a staple in my kitchen. Try making your own curry spice. There's loads of recipes. It depends how hot you like it. They make a good rub to for chicken. You could also try cooking fish with lime juice and corriander inside aluminium foil.
Can't help you with the coffee unless you try it with soya or rice milk. Its ok but takes a bit of getting used to.
JingerBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:59 AM   #4  

I went to the grocers and bought all the Weber Grill seasonings. They are very good quality and have made a huge difference in my food.
Now everything tastes great!

These are the Weber Grill Seasonings I use:
Chicago Steak, Gourmet Burger, Veggie Grill, Kick'n Chicken, Norleans Cajun, and Roasted Garlic Herb.

Weber.com also has wonderful recipes for meat and fish. I use an indoor grill and I also bake and steam a lot of my meats and fish.

I'm not just losing weight, I'm completely changing my lifestyle.
JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I love chicken. I cook it often and keep cooked chicken in the refrigerator to have it handy for a protein snack.

Jolina, what kind of indoor grill do you have? I would like to have one. It sounds like a real time saver. I roast most of my meat because I don't like to go out and fire up the grill, but then the oven heats up the house too much.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 10-20-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #6  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

THere are a lot of low-carb recipes out there, many of which can be eaten on Dr. Bernstein's plan.

His site highlights a few each week. ANd DLife allows you to search their recipe archive by carb count, so the "very low carb" ones are first.

Even if you only find a few more you like, that will expand your repertoire. One new dish a week, and you'll soon have a lot more options.

http://www.diabetes-book.com/recipes/recipes.shtml
http://www.dlife.com/diabetes/diabet..._Low_Carb.html
synger is offline   Reply With Quote