Old 09-01-2011, 12:43 AM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Smile Alternachicks Chatter September!

Hullo Alterna-peoples!

This is the monthly chat thread for any and all Alternachicks or Alternadudes!

Everyone's welcome Keep in mind if you think you are Alternative, then you are. Don't be timid. Just chime in.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:48 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Minoja - "Just one" candy bar is never the problem, is it? It's the OTHER candy bars that he brings home each and every time! One a month would be one thing, or if it were planned, but a whole candy bar can really put a hole in a good plan.

Nuumite - Welcome! That water aerobics sounds like fun, and good resistance!

It's late, and I'm likely about to go to bed soon myself, but I'm having a lovely week so far.

I just have to be cautious or my sleep schedule will go right out the window... again!

I have this cucumber I bought, and I think I'm going to have to find a good recipe for it. I've heard of cucumber dips and things... Or maybe a cucumber salad. Hmm. We shall see!

Keep doing positive things everyone!
Old 09-01-2011, 06:35 PM   #3  

random thing that made me smile today... saw a lady wearing a "Jem and the Holograms" t-shirt.
nuumite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:48 PM   #4  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

Hi all,

Hope all of you are well!

I've been away and had family staying with me for two weeks. I am an Intermittent Faster and it is most natural for me to eat one meal a day. Well, stress hit and I was eating 2-3 times a day. Made me feel so icky and bloated. Back to it today and feel great. Ahhh...

Recently I got brave and decided to choreograph and perform my first bellydancing solo at an up coming hafla. So, my exercise will increase even more! Fall is my favorite season and September is a great start to it!
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:03 PM   #5  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Hey!

I'm still around too! I've been stalling for a month, which is annoying. But really my own fault, I need to make some extra effort. Which I started with recently! It's nice.

Uni starts monday! I am excited, it's gonna be tough balancing a 32hour job with 2 half days of classes and homework and such, but I think I'll manage.

I am getting impatient, I want thing to be in motion, not at a stand still.. sooo time for dinner and then maybe another bikeride!
Lators!
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

archychick - Welcome! IF seems hard, but there are some days when I could literally be fine not eating until dinner but they are few and far between for me It's awesome you found a plan than works well for you. My friend was taking belly dancing while at college this spring and she loved it, but she always came back with a lot of bruises because (as she put it) she spent the whole lesson crawling around and wiggling on the floor so I would joke and say 'Sounds less like belly dancing and more like belly crawling' xD Cheesy, I know

Philana - Bike riding is fun! I know what you mean about sitting around, sometimes I just wanna be out and about instead of cooped up in the house. Good luck with school starting up soon Have I already asked what you're studying? (Gah I'm so forgetful!!)

Lovely - if you still have the cuke, make German Cucumber Salad! It's vinegar, thin sliced red onions, sliced cukes, dill and some sugar. If you google it you should find about a dozen recipes and variations. I have some in my fridge and I'm debating between that or making a tzatziki to use the rest of my greek yogurt up too

nuumite - I think they sell those t-shirts at Hot Topic! I remember seeing one not too long ago. Also, welcome

As for me, I'm trying a new behavior therapy program and just got through the first week with relative ease. It's nice to have some structure beyond just calorie counting in my routine. Today we're having friends over at our apartment and I'm not sure about what to do for dinner. I could use of my weekly 'free passes' and have whatever for dinner or I could try to do something easy like tacos. We have very minimal space for cooking and no real stove/oven (just a few hot plates) so it isn't exactly easy to make a meal for a bunch of people. We do have an electric wok I used to make healthy chinese food last week but I'm in the mood for something cheesy.
Michi702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:49 AM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Hey guys!

Nuumite - Love it! <3 Jem was bigger than Barbie to me as a girl. I loved that chick. She was rocking and she got to wear pink all the time. And she had a secret identity! So much love for that show

Archychick - Hiya!!! I'm so glad you were able to get back onto your schedule. My family was here the other week, so I know what you mean about them rocking the boat in as far as eating plans. And a bellydance recital! I love it! I'm also with you about Fall. I'm excited about the upcoming Equinox! There's something about Autumn.... *content sigh!*

Philana - You are going to be so busy! But, sometimes that's a good thing if it's a positive routine. Stalls are bummers... I had a slow/stallish month in July. You shall overcome! Keep busting forward I should so get a bike... I really, really liked biking around as a kid. I've been thinking about it for a long time.

And why hello there Michi, we just run into eachother all over the boards now! Okay, that salad sounds amazing. I ended up using it for a regular salad (so it wouldn't go bad), but now I just wanna get another one and make one of those recipes!

I am... just in an overall positive mood. *beams sunshine and happiness*

I won't be obnoxious, I promise.

My car has been sitting broken and burnt out for a long time at my MIL's house nearby. I really, really, really have to get it up and running to either junk it somewhere or sell it or fix it enough that I can putter back and forth to the grocery store during the week without waiting until the husband comes home. (Gee, a bike would be handy for that, huh?)

I'm getting low on produce, so I need to get to the store this weekend. Might be a little busy as people might be having their last summer parties for Labor Day, but I don't mind.

My sleep didn't exactly break. But, I'm surprised at just how well I'm running on so little of it these past couple of days since I'm trying to get up at a certain time each day and stay up. No big. My body will get the hint soon enough

Have a good one, all!
Old 09-21-2011, 07:38 AM   #8  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

I'm just old enough to remember having a Jem coloring book when I was younger. @.@

Does anyone remember when they came out with colored microwave popcorn? You throw a packet of popcorn in the microwave, open it up and boom! blue popcorn! (or green or red lol )
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

@Sakai - They STILL make the blue popcorn. It's Pop Secret brand and it's called like Magic corn I want to say? I don't remember it because I was either too young or not born yet, but if you have a hankering you can still find it.
Michi702 is offline   Reply With Quote