Old 08-22-2011, 06:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/307/250

Height: 5'10

Default Are there any Carb Cyclers out there?

I was doing a more strict version of atkins induction phase (low to no carbs) for a while but then after a while, instead of losing weight I started gaining weight. I am quite sure if I sat down and went over everything I would probably find out what I was doing wrong, but I was looking through a journal I have and I noticed that every time I would go off plan and then get back on I would gain weight and then lose it plus a few more. After reading that I started researching carb cycling and started right away. So far it has been almost a month and I didn't lose any extra weight yet but I did get back to my lowest weight and my body seems to be shrinking in a lot of areas. It's slow but I get to destress on weekends about dieting and enjoy more moments with my family than I could before. I was wondering if there was anyone out there carb cycling and how is it working for them. All comments are appreciated
Divaintheworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:33 AM   #2  
On my way to a new me!

S/C/G: 205/168/145

Height: 5'6 ~ 44

This is my first attempt, but I did try it this past weekend to spend some time with my hubby out to dinner, and wound up losing just a bit of weight after I went back to low carb the following day.

I will check in and let you know how next weekend goes.
Savora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:27 PM   #3  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

What is your cycling like? How high/low do you go and how many days?
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:06 PM   #4  

Thank you Savora..I will be looking forward to seeing how things go for you :-)

@Puncezilla...right now I am doing a 5 low carb and 2 high carb..but I am thinking of changing it to 6/1 because I don't think I really need 2 days until I up my exercise. On low carb days are 20grams or less and on high carb days I really don't have an exact number but I may set one if I start to gain weight. I don't count calories but since I am a creature of habit and eat pretty much the same things every low carb day, I am ranging between 1500 and 1800 calories a day and 2000 to 3000 on high carb days.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #5  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm doing a modified low-carb diet Monday-Friday of about 1500-1600 calories and on the weekends I eat only lean meats, non-starchy veggies and healthy fats (virgin olive oil and coconut oil). I love it! ♥ I don't feel starved and rarely even feel hungry.

I've only just started back on this plan about a month ago and in 4 weeks have lost 11 pounds. Tomorrow is my official weigh in and measurement day though.

I think it's a good idea to cycle you diet to keep the metabolism running high and the body guessing. I'll let you know how it works for me in the second month, which is typically when the weight loss slows down more.

Good luck to you with your cycling!
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:53 PM   #6  

Thank you Sandy and congrats on your weightloss..I was wondering what do you eat during your mod carb days? Your version sounds like what I want to do except right now my mod carb days are on the weekends. I am too thrilled that I am getting so much feedback!
Old 08-27-2011, 12:52 AM   #7  

Hello Everyone ...just wanted to put in an update.....
I am not suppose to weigh in until tomorrow morning but unless I lose about 5 pounds overnight (which is unlikely to happen) It is pretty certain that I didn't lose any weight this week. Today would be 1 month since I started this and even though I have lost the weight that I gained..thats where the buck stops. I like what I am doing but the weightloss is not coming like I would like. I think my refeeds are coming a little too frequent and I am gaining quicker than I have time to lose. I am thinking that maybe I should have my refeed every 2 weeks instead of every week. I think that because my exercise is slow and sporadic that I am not using up all the sugars that I should. When my exercise and strength training picks up then my I will go back to every week. I hope I can get my act together to make this work for me because so far it has been very easy for me to stick to and I don't want to give up on it.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:50 AM   #8  

Well this will be my last carb cycling update because I have decided not to continue doing it. I found that it is a very doable plan and I truly believe that you can have alot of success with it. The thing is the effects the carbs have only my body are much too great for me and I really do not enjoy eating alot of carbs in the first place. I should have known better because I know what happens to me when I eat carbs (even some of the low glycemic ones) but of course I am in the process of coming up with a new plan for myself but I want to be able to have something to write about before I go into detail.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:52 AM   #9  

I guess this wasn't my last post....I just started doing a weight lifting program about a week ago and it gives me a free day, so I think I will give it another shot since I am getting more weight training in, and maybe the carbs won't have that much of an effect on me. At least I hope so :-)
Old 09-19-2011, 12:57 PM   #10  
Grammy on a diet

S/C/G: 163/154.6/128

Height: 5'2

Default carbcycling

Hi folks I think I may have found the right group at last. My friend told me that her roommate started on a new cycling diet that is really working for him. He does 10 days on 30 carbs per day and then the night of the 10th day he can have whatever carbs he wants, Then he begins a new cycle of 7 days on 30 carbs per day and the night of the 7th he eats carbs. He is losing and finds he can do 30 carbs easier because he is allowed fruit as long as he does not go over 30 carbs. i am going to start this on Thursday because I have been on Slim fast and I reached a plateau which i have been stuck on for five days and I am so over it. Has anyone else read about this? I would like to know more about it.
grammygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:16 PM   #11  

Hi grammygal
To be honest after I posted here..I got a few post and then it went quiet. Just like you I was looking for people who are carb cycling like me. I am really glad that you decided to post your upcoming experience here, and your cycling schedule actually sounds really good. Please keep me posted I would love to see how it works out for you. I am holding steady with my weight but thats because I made a few mistakes along the way. I am exercising and strength training, so I believe doing low carb this way give me the energy to keep it up.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #12  
Paso a paso

S/C/G: 264/Ticker/160

Height: 1.65

I just started the CKD plan again yesterday. had good results with it but i could not stay on for longer. Will do it better this time.

My plan as follow (same i followed last time)
My weight is a little over 100kilos (225 pounds). I do exercise with weights and cardio, also fasted cardio 3-4x/week. So i eat 1800cals per day.

I get 150grs of protein, 50-60grs of carbs (net carbs >30) and the rest of calories come from fat.

On friday, after a whole body workout i do eat more carbs, that to replenish the glycogen. On that day i usually get pizza, pasta, fruits, milk, rice.

Of couse i get some water weight after that, but is gone at 2nd-3th day after returning to the normal diet.
Lyla is offline   Reply With Quote