Old 10-13-2014, 02:21 PM   #91  

Just a quick check in. No exercise at all this week, and no real dieting either. At least I did not gain weight! I need more discipline! I think it is really key for me to lose 2 pounds this week and get rolling in the right direction.
Glad to hear everyone seems to be doing well!

Last edited by Apple Blossom; 10-13-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:37 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Chardonnay: low carb can make you constipated, so you need to make sure you get your vegetables in and also take some kind of fiber...drink a lot of water just like with any other diet. I have tried many diets over the years but low carbs is the only thing that works for me. Not sure if that means something about me and my body but I just don't do well with carbs, even if my calorie count is low.

APPLE BLOSSOM no gain is a good thing....make a plan and see it through for this week...
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:47 AM   #93  

Well I have lost close to five lbs since October 5 but i'm kind of stuck now...i'm really jonesin' for some carbs. I didn't succumb, but i didn't lose weight either. I think this morning I may have some berries and oatmeal, not part of my fast track plan but I feel groggy and stupid like I need it.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:37 PM   #94  
Food and Wine Lover

S/C/G: Goal Weight: 125

Height: 5'3"

Hi Zumba, I think that as we experiment with different diets and eating plans, we find what really works for us may not work for others. Like for me, I can still have sugar in my coffee and some wine each day, where some can't even touch that stuff during weight loss. As for carbs, I actually did a little calculation, and most days I naturally eat less than 75 grams of carbs. Maybe that's what's working for me too. I've never been one for buying the low-calorie, reduced-fat stuff...and I noticed that those contain so many more carbs that the full-fat, regular versions. I learned something about carbs by reading the carb counter list I found on the Atkins website. I could eat more veggies though, that's for sure.
Chardonnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:58 AM   #95  

Yesterday was a total cheat day.....had a procedure at the doc's office, was bored and irritated and needed some TLC, of course I turned to food for that...have a one lb gain to show for it..but getting back on the wagon. I think I am going to allow myself a cheat day once every ten days or so....they call that carb refeed I think..LOL
Old 10-16-2014, 01:54 PM   #96  

okay back on track...lost whatever i gained on cheat day. Back on my low carb eating....its not easy this time around, I really am craving carbs in the worse way. ..but i won't succumb. So tired of feeling so unhappy in clothes . I can't hide under big sundresses anymore now that winter is here.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:03 PM   #97  
Food and Wine Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumbachica View Post
okay back on track...lost whatever i gained on cheat day. Back on my low carb eating....its not easy this time around, I really am craving carbs in the worse way. ..but i won't succumb. So tired of feeling so unhappy in clothes . I can't hide under big sundresses anymore now that winter is here.
Do you think you'd have an easier time if you didn't do a cheat day?
Old 10-18-2014, 11:51 AM   #98  

Chardonnay, doing a cheat isn't something I would do again any t imd soon..I think mentally i needed it because I had a procedure that day and just felt like I needed to comfort myself with something. It took me a few days to get back to my low weight...so Im not about to do that again. However people that i know that body build for competition talk about tricking the body , having the carb refeeding day, etc. I'm definitely not at that level, so i can probably do without it.

I went out last night and i'm pretty proud of myself, just had some salad and chicken. Unfortunately i hit up a few pumpkin beers...still with all that I managed to lose a lb...yay....praying to higher power for strength every day to keep this thing going......

Oh and I am SO SICK of bacon!! Never thought i'd be saying that...
Old 10-18-2014, 06:36 PM   #99  
Food and Wine Lover

Hi Zumba, congrats on your pound loss It's hard not to have pumpkin beer this time of year! But look, you had a few and you still kept within your plan enough that you lost a pound! I have wine daily and I still lose weight, much slower than others I'm sure, but I feel good about it.

I've heard of the tricking the body, like zigzagging...eating low cal one day, high cal the next etc...it's to get your metabolism working efficiently - I was just reading about the carb re-feeding (carb loading) to restore leptin in the body after days of low carb eating, in order to help with appetite control. But I also read that it can increase appetite for some too because the body then craves the carbs despite the leptin increase.

Sick of bacon....for shame

Last edited by Chardonnay; 10-18-2014 at 06:40 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:02 AM   #100  

wow, had a slice of pizza last night with eggplant on it (my son wanted to stop at pizzeria and there were no low carb options there)....and wouldn't you know up a lb....grrrrrr.......once you have carbs all those calories "count" all of sudden you know? so irritating.....

Im laying low on food consumption today...going on dinner date tonight even though I said I swore off dating...not sure where he is taking me but I hope it is somewhere where I can make good choices.....

a nice fall Sunday morning.....laundry going, banana bread baking for my son for when he wakes up.....God is good.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:13 AM   #101  

Keeping things "in check" for the most part. Today is somewhat of a "fast" day for me..I'm going to try and keep calories on the low while doing high fat, not sure if that is possible.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:54 PM   #102  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Hey Zumbachica, thanks for popping by my blog, it prompted me to get online and check out the forum, which is always helpful in keeping my head on straight!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 06:59 PM   #103  

Hey Snark, I always wanted to blog but never did..I love to write. I wouldn't even know where or how to start. I think you look fantastic and you are an amazing writer....really funny!!!
Old 10-25-2014, 07:00 PM   #104  

shared a rice pudding when i went out to lunch with a friend today....trying to keep my hand out of the halloween candy and really working hard on low carb....its not easy.....and something like one night of chinese food undermines all my effort...this is so much work, there's no reward..and i'm tired.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:33 PM   #105  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Oh halloween candy, stay far, far from me! Hang in there Zumba!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote