Old 09-01-2014, 03:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/185/155

Height: 5'8

Default Does everyone Have a REAL diet plan on this site?

I actually am not following any plan per se. I eat breakfast, snack lunch(protein shake),snack, dinner, late snack. My snacks are usually healthy.

Mostly I rely on my daily house work , sweat,sweat,sweat,gym work out or outdoor walk, and post workout cosco spinach smoothy w/ fruit after returning home at night.

I had a dietician and Dr whom I had worked with , as their patient, for about 2 yrs. Then I went off the metabolism booster shots, and weekly office weigh ins, and just continued to work out and eat the way I was mentored to eat. Not too much and the basic food groups and Enough healthy daily exercise and house work.

Thats my basic diet and I don't find it erratic. Actually I'm flustered w/ the # on the scale that is stuck at the mid point and wont move. I am happy that I am not gaining weight. However; when i was younger it did seem easier to drop weight, and w/in a shorter amount of time.

Now it really feels like my entire day revolves around weight watching in what i eat and not eating too much of it and making the time to Exercise. Where as in college I took classes and knew i swam for a grade, and that was more a motivator.

I now walk and gym for my health, and body image, and to fit back into my size 12-14 wardrobe. So I definitely have a goal, but it is difficult to exercise whole heartedly during the hottest part of the summer.

That is my biggest challenge. Second challenge is that my Energy is Not as high as it was during my roaring 20's, and bounce back 30's. I just take 1 day at a time, and journal, and pray to my higher power that I make my goal to shape up ASAP. That z ALL.

And it's NOT from a diet book, it's from my heart and soul and what i recall from the 2 yrs in a row while under the care of my dietitian. The lil 80-Something y/o, Harvard like Dr. He seemed to favor bow ties, and cheered for me every time I lost 5 lbs when i visited him for my vit B shot, and scale weigh in...

The exercise and the energy for all that exercise, and the convenience of having the community college pool available was the real secret.

I'm older now and due to budget cuts the CC pool only offers Advanced swim classes, not community Lap swim. And the time of that class is right when I'm leaving work.By that time of the day I am way too exhausted and not in the mood to feel rushed in an Advanced level swim class. They do have a Senior Swim Class, but I'm not old enough for that option yet, and plan to work up until i'm about 70 y/o anyway.....

The other pool in my city doesn't seem to respect visually disabled swimmers as they No longer provide lane lines. As a visually impaired swimmer, who favors backstroke, I don't feel like there is enough boundary between me and the next lane over.

I do plan to lap swim next year at the college pool where they offer, "Free swim" to the community, but for a pretty penny. I will have to purchase a pool pass as that is less expensive, and use my alumni discount too.

So see I have a plan too, it just is a very slow 1 Unfortunately. As is my pokey lil car which is quite a dinosaur. But it's sentimental and i'm not much of a speed freak anyway......

Sincerely,
1Bluerose68

Last edited by 1Bluerose68; 09-01-2014 at 03:28 PM.
1Bluerose68 is offline   Reply With Quote