Old 03-24-2014, 11:11 AM   #46  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

I've been back and forth from here. I have really missed this place!

I started WW last year, but things got so crazy with work and life that I got lost. So, I've re-organized and have been staying on plan - even during the most stressful time of the year for me! So far, I've lost 10 lbs.

There is more activity for me now. I've been in a bellydancing troupe for the last two years and signed up to perform my first solo (more practice!) this summer as well as a few seminars to give. Also this May I am graduating and going to France. So, two impetuses to get this weight off me.

My goal is to re-create a healthier, active lifestyle that becomes natural habit by the end of the summer, regardless of what life throws at me.

Cheers to all of your accomplishments and ((HUGS)) for all of your challenges!
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:21 PM   #47  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome back Archychick! Many of us have left only to return months or years later!

Belly dancing is amazing, I imagine it is a great work out when you do it right! I have jokingly tried to perform an untrained person's version of a belly dance for my husband that had us both in stitches because I have no ability to control my hips or stomach apparently. I looked like I was convulsing or maybe had ants in my pants. Not quite the effect I was going for, lol!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:03 PM   #48  
Excavation in Progress

Oh, Mrs Snark, bellydance is a GREAT way to safely work your core. Due to that, it is an exercise that can be done far into the golden years. At one of the festivals at which I perform, there is a 70+ yo woman that dances with a candleabra on her head - kneeling on the ground! I suggest taking a class or two. It has kept me very flexible, graceful and strong, even though I haven't lost much weight since I started (don't practice as much as I should). I recommend it for anyone interested. This supportive dance community is made up of people of all shapes, sizes, ages etc.

Congratulations on surpassing your goal, by the way! Nice work!
Old 03-25-2014, 09:27 AM   #49  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

ArchyChick I think your goal
Quote:
My goal is to re-create a healthier, active lifestyle that becomes natural habit by the end of the summer, regardless of what life throws at me.
is awesome! Welcome back!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:17 AM   #50  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back archychick
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:15 PM   #51  
Fat to Fab and Fit

More snow for us. Now I don't even care anymore Spring seems to be eternally postponed.

What did you do in CO, Mrs. S? Did you venture out to the hills at all?
Which cities did you visit?

I am looking at the weekend weater forecast and we are supposed to get up to 56F and sunny on Sunday. Feels surreal. Doggie will get a bath if it gets that warm. She is really smelly Get all that winter gunk of her, she won't be happy. She says she is just starting to smell lovely

I slept in late, again. I don't know why I keep doing that; I guess because I can. I did not stay up that late either. 10 am kinda messes up with my day and plans.

It is ovulation time and I feel b-l-o-a-t-e-d. Scale jumped up a pound too, even after a fast day. Just gotta breathe and not get to hang up on daily fluctuations, right? My mind is ready to "diet" again, I wish my body agreed. I just want to get out of these 140's and firmly plant myself into the 130's.

I am itching to shop for some summer clothes, but I would like to see where I am at once summer gets here. Will I be able to slip into 4's or will I stay at the 8's I am at right now....

I keep forgetting to have someone take a picture of my hair, and I hate selfies. They are always too close and my face looks funny Maybe I just look funny period Today I look like a storm when through my hair, so picture ain't happening.

Hoping that you have a beautiful day my friends!
Old 03-25-2014, 01:26 PM   #52  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Sum - we were in Boulder and then in the Golden and Lakewood areas. We hiked every day and we also went to the Red Rocks amphitheater and "ran" up those steps. I about threw up my lungs.

On my travel day coming back I got up early and ran 5k on the hotel's treadmill (since I knew the whole rest of the day would be spent in airports and on planes). Up until that moment I mostly thought the hard effort of hiking was due to the inclines, but I really felt the effect of the altitude while doing my regular run on the treadmill.

I loved Co, I love the mountains. It is such a different landscape from where I live.

I bet you don't look funny in selfies -- we are always our own worse critic!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:34 PM   #53  
Fat to Fab and Fit

When we were at CO, our host took us for a 6 mile difficult hike on our first day, I thought I was going to pass out because I could not get enough air. After 10 days I was used to the thin air
Old 03-25-2014, 02:03 PM   #54  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hi everyone, just wanted to say hello, waiting for something to load on my computer... Looks like everyone is doing great
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:04 AM   #55  
Excavation in Progress

Sum: I know what you mean about shopping. I need to, however I know that I will have a significant weight loss by then. You're going to be in those 4s! Mind over waistline! lol Take the selfie, we won't laugh. I bet you look faboo.

Mrs. Snark: I loved living in CO. The mountains and rock formations are so beautiful. What a great place to hike, but yeah, there is a lot of altitude! You have a good idea there, exercising right before travel. I'm going to remember to do that as well. Gets the blood moving through the extremities too. I get so swollen on long journeys.

Hiya! to newleaf & kelijpa

Last edited by archychick; 03-27-2014 at 12:04 AM.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:53 PM   #56  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Is there an April thread?
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:13 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 199.8/172.1/135

Height: 5"4'

Smile JulieT

I'm new to the site and love hearing all the news and advice...thanks ladies. I'm currently on the Ideal Protein diet ... Anyone have any advice on travelling while dieting?

Last edited by Jcw1973; 04-07-2014 at 12:29 AM.
Jcw1973 is offline   Reply With Quote