S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Way to go Carma!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:06 AM   #198  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Up at the crack of dawn, literally. DS has baseball tryout and alarm went off at 4:15.

I did not bother weighing in this morning, it is way too early and I drank like a fish (water) all day long and barely nothing came out, thanks TOM for hanging onto water weight. I feel swollen and bloated. I did not want to get disappointed because I am sure I am above 140, maybe even above 141. So why bother ruining my day

Eating wise my day was spot on, I ate a ton of vegetarian stuff Like tabbouleh, lentil salad, carbanzo bean salad.

A week left ladies on this challenge. What are your goals for the last week? -- I am going to continue my clean eating and add my grueling exercises in.

Today is supposed to be my rest day and fast day, I'll be at the FCA. I will get an evening walk in with my pup, now that the days are lighter longer. I usually get home between 4 and 5 and it has been too dark to venture outside. Not any more

My DOMS are getting better. I could not believe how sore I got after taking three weeks off.

Well off to start my day and get my green tea going.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:38 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Im up early also because of this new puppy I got this weekend. It was definitely an impulse thing. she's adorable and I love her, but last night was rough. she was barking and howling non stop. Im trying to crate train her but she hates the crate and screams every time i put her in there. I'm definitely a cat person and feel more like one now....LOL.....Poor little thing was taken away from her mommy and her siblings so i'm sure she's scared out of her wits end.

Period finally here and I lose my appetite which happens every month but this time i am also emotionally upset so my appetite has diminished even more and i' not fighting it , believe me. I have my work cut out for me this week...between the dog and school starting ..and a possible court date. I also have to go to an embassy in Manhattan and work out some bureaucracy.....Jesus take the wheel.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:39 AM   #200  

Oh and i am down a lb. from yesterday , which to me right now means a whole lot of nothing . My goal for this next week is to just get back in the 140's...and get my bearings.....try and eat healthy despite all the turmoil in my life.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:12 PM   #201  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Hang in there, Zumba!
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:00 PM   #202  

Didnt eat today until dinner.....had Chinese food to celebrate sons bday.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:27 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Wanted to check in quickly before bed. 126.0 this am. Yeah! And calories today was 1250 or so. Yesterday was way high, but big meal was at lunch & we worked on the car. Then I went into town to get my nails done & then church, so it was late when I got home for dinner, no 30ds. Today, worked late, which means dinner late too. No exercise today either. Have to get some in tomorrow.
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:13 AM   #204  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Today is weigh day. In spite of regular running/ walking/ exercise, I haven't had much to show for my efforts lately. I've read in several places that a new exercise, running especially, can make you retain water at first, but theoretically even if this is true, there has to be an upper limit to that and any fat that I'm burning should begin to show up on the scale, right?

I had three goals going into this challenge

1) eat healthy and not too much
2) get regular exercise (walkies, c25k, dumbbells)
3) get to metric onederland.

I'm more than a little disappointed with that third one (I've only lost 3lbs since the beginning of Feb!), especially since I really felt I'd done okay with the first two!

Last edited by Magicsusan; 03-11-2014 at 01:16 AM.
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:02 AM   #205  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Susan, are your clothes fitting any better? The first two goals are awesome and will get you to the third in time. I think vigorous cardio tones a body up pretty well - I found doing C25K had a serious impact on my back fat as well as overall. Keep it up, you're doing great.
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:48 AM   #206  

weighed in at 149.4 this morning.......atleast i'm out of the 150s. That is such a scary number for me. Had another horrible night with the puppy finally took her into my room since she was keeping the kids up all night with her howling and crying. I have an easy zumba class today so I hope to get in some 21 day fix. I haven't really been doing it since the traumatic events last weekend so I am dropping out of that challenge. surprise surprise, there is never a challenge that i succeed at. Sorry to be such a debbie downer but life is really kicking my butt lately and i truly wonder if i'll ever have the time and energy I need to reach my goals.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:42 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 177/147/138

Height: 5ft7

Zumba - my DH wants a puppy but your posts make me feel better about saying no. At least till the night feeds with the baby stop. I can't deal with 4 kids and a dog.

Susan - if you keep running "properly" the weight will shift (as long as you're eating well of course). By "properly" I mean getting hot and sweaty and short of breath. Intervals and/or hills are brilliant for weight loss. I once saw an ad for sportswear depicting a pretty woman in running gear. There were "before" and "after" shots - the before picture showed her looking attractive and relaxed and in the after she was red faced, messy haired and sweating. The caption said "Run Yourself Ugly". I know that it's a bit pathetic gleaning inspiration from a sportswear ad but, for me, running only works if I come back looking hideous (lol).

Last edited by Chubby mum; 03-11-2014 at 07:43 AM.
Chubby mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:43 AM   #208  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

Zumba - puppies are so cute that you tend to forget how much work they are. At least that's how it always was with me (so far, we've had three).

Been tired and busy and with the crummy weather last week I didn't get out as much as I should have. Other than shoveling snow, but when I do that I tend to eat way too much because I feel so physically wiped out, so no weight loss. I played with my son outside on Saturday - tag and he rode his scooter while I helped him along - and ran last night. I also managed to do some strangth training on Sunday while watching Amazing Race, until my 3 year old and one of my dogs started hovering. I didn't want to clock anyone with a dumbell.

Will hasn't been hitting as much in daycare. He wanted to start going earlier, so he can have breakfast there with the other kids. In particular, a girl named Chloe. She is quite the sweetheart.

Down to 174.8 this morning. If I really bust my butt I should be able to reach 173 by next Monday. So close to not having an obese BMI . . . .
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:16 AM   #209  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Today was a reminder to be thankful and happy for all I have and that life is precious. 3 yrs ago one of the nurses I worked with son was in a fatal car accident where he crashed into an icy river. He couldn't swim and died. One of my former coworkers notified me that her daughter died this morning. Cancer apparently. So all you upset about the scale, jobs, kids etc. Our days could be infinitely worse. This woman has lost both of her children below the age of 30.
Meditate, enjoy your strength of your bodies give you and enjoy the movement they produce. Feed your body as well as your soul with positive food and thoughts. Welcome the breath you breathe. Laugh and hug your kids. Even if they have pinkeye like my oldest.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:39 PM   #210  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Zumba sorry about your day on the 9th You asked and Jesus has the wheel. My remedy for the howling and barking at night was a night light and being able to see the kids ... she was happy and she stopped then I moved her as she got older. Give it a shot. Good job on the 140's The challenge is almost over, I haven't done well either and the 170's scare me so I know how you feel with seeing the 150's but coming here and typing it out does make you (me) feel better, I hope you stick around

Carma YES GO YOU Carma well said my friend, my condolences to your co-worker, God bless

Sum sorry about TOM and the bloat I hope to lose two pounds this week with clean eating and some exercise What is DOMS?

Marlene sorry about the late hours Almost at your low, good jon

Susan good job on meeting your first two goals and I am sure your efforts will pay off, just don't give up. Maybe take some time off from weighing for a bit, idk. Also like Cattails asked are your clothes fitting any looser? Tell tell signs of your efforts I have gained and lost the same 2-3 pounds this month. I don't think there will be any victory for me this go around

Cattails

LOL Chubby mum I agree with that with any type of workout I see woman coming to the gym all made up and hair done and think really.

Betty that's cute about your son good job on the weigh in Where are you in Maryland? I'm/we're from the DMV area. The weather has been crazy up there. My kids say they wish they still lived up north

As I said above I haven't done well at all during this challenge but like Carma said just be happy because it could be worse so I am happy with what I've done thus far and I look forward to what's ahead

Last edited by love2b150; 03-11-2014 at 04:40 PM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote