Old 03-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 236

SeemyFeet - totally vertigo. I got it when I went on a plane and then decided to go on Rock 'n' Rollercoaster at Disney 4-5 times in a row. I get it all the time now that I'm "older." Nothing I take cures it - just time and rest.

Funny story - the first time I got it, I nearly created a panic attack at the airport. I got off the plane and went to the restroom. Things started shaking and I screamed out, "EARTHQUAKE!" No kidding. Then I waited (under a doorway) with my eyes shut for the inevitable screaming and crashing. Well, it never happened. Completely embarrassing. Thankfully it was in New York, where no one knows me.
ukemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #77  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

......no luck....woke up....still fat......but my handsome Prince was next to me! so some dreams do come true....sigh...it took 4 years, grappling hooks, and 3" steel chains to catch that handsome prince...hope losing this weight doesn't take THAT much effort....

ukemama--I know I shouldn't laugh at your embarrassment , but that is the FUNNIEST story!!! Well, you lived through the humiliation and got a good story out of it! Imperfect moments make for good novels. Too funny! But you really should find the cause of your vertigo, don'tcha think?

Somehow, some way, I'm gonna make a good story out of this weight loss effort....."and she lived skinny-ly ever after..." following all those embarrassing stories related to being heavy. Lately, I've been inspired by the new clothing posts in other parts of the forum. I would soooo love to be in that zone of happy shopping, cute & fashionable clothing....sigh...Although, I must say, I'm famous for my closet. There was even a book written about it...perhaps you've read it. It's called "One Shade of Black".

My hula hoop is calling me...Gonna get more work done today, some housework and groc shopping. Then sit down and really focus on a new plan to really really relieve stress and really really really get this weight off. Good weekend to all!

Last edited by SeeMyFeet; 03-09-2013 at 04:23 PM.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #78  
"I AM..."

S/C/G: 295/285.7/150

Height: 5'9" - Reset 1-24-2014

I feel like some small victories have been made today. First scale = good. Second decided to clean up around here and reorganize.... I undid all of the cables on my tv and rearranged... when I hooked it all back up was so pleased that the tv came on shortly after I realized something was terribly wrong. my screen looks like it has cracked somewhere. I can only see the top of the tv the bottom is black and there are lines running down the screen where the crack is... talk about stressful. that would have normally been a stressor for me..... I thought about saying F it and going out for the day doing whatever i wanted but then I feel like i reeled it back into perspective. I can look into repairs or buy a new one -buying a new one is not really in my budget but you gotta do what you gotta do. So stayed on plan but then decided to go to the movies. I made a CONSCIENCE decision before I left my house that I was not ordering a HUGE diet coke or a HUGE popcorn (of which even when I was not watching what I was eating, I would only eat 1/4 of anyway). Instead I bargained with myself and got the kids snack. It has just a small amount of popcorn and a small coke and little fruit jellies (which i threw away)... it was perfect. lasted me throughout the movie. went food shopping and did not buy anything off plan.... looked at TV's to see what i can afford and now I am at home relaxing with my half visible TV hahahaha its all good! its all in my control and i can do this!!!!
sept2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #79  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Sept~ the kid snack is a great choice at the movies, if I remember I'm trying to be good I get that, just enough, doesn't break the bank, I'm still in sticker shock from last week's movie popcorn and soda...yeesh...

just wanted to pop in, no juicing last week, going to go back to 2 days instead of 3, had a good week except for TOM messing with my weigh-in, did my 4 miles today like a good girl.

SeeMyFeet~ thanks for the laughs

best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #80  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

MrsTryingAgain~love the pics, you reminded me a red tailed hawk flew low in front of me on the rail trail the other day, it was awesome, I took it as a good omen. Hope your DH is doing well.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:46 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

I know I've been a little scarce. I haven't gotten much exercise in, but my eating has been good. H2O has been good also.
Been busy taking care of H. He's doing really well! He doesn't feel as fatigued as he used to. He's still pretty sore, but he is slowly making more & more progress. I still have to help hm bathe, cook & such, but it's all good.

kelijpa: Thanks for the well wishes from you & all the rest the 40-something crew! I let him know that he has well-wishers from all over. I think it really helps.

ukemama: Glad the vertigo is on iit's way out! Glad you are able to hopefully get back into yoga soon. Earthquake in NY? Hmmm..do they have active fault lines? I can kid about that...I'm from CA & been through several. When I was a kid they had what was called a swarm of them one summer. Think the strongest was like a 4.6 or so. Actually haven't been in one in years. Great! Now, I've jinxed myself!!!

sept2012: I have a tv in the bedroom that the colors are all whack. It's one we've had for probably too long & through too many moves. I keep saying, "One day", but then something comes up. It's too bulky & heavy for me to move alone & H won't be able to help for at least another 3-4 months...after he gets his second set of leads in. Oh, well, it's just tv. We've got a great one in the living room & that's fine...but it's usually on H's shows. Love the news about your dad! I keep him in my thoughts & prayers. If you are half as crazy about your dad as I still am about mine...it's rough.

SeeMyFeet: Prince Charmings make it all worthwhile, huh? Love us in spite (or maybe it's because of) our imperfections. Make us laugh & feel loved. Not too shabby in my book. I just have a hard time remembering not to hug H too hard or massage his shoulders. Done it a few times the last few days & he's yelped like a little puppy. Oooops! Yes, being able to laugh at one's self is sooo important. Life is too short to take too seriously. My grandma said was one of the keys to her & grandpa being married for 72 years. Cause if you don't laugh, you may end up crying or going completely bonkers! I know what you mean about Alzheimers. My paternal grandma suffered for nearly a decade with it. And now it looks like my mom's sister has it...the signs are there.

Off to bathing patrol. Be healthy! Set your clocks ahead...if your area does that! Spring is nearly here! More laters!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:58 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. Things were worse with my MIL than expected. She ended up in the I CU on a ventilator by Thurs afternoon and that's where she has been ever since. They are going to try to wean her off this the ventilator this morning. Needless to say, I've been at the hospital when I'm not at work the past few days. Eating has been pretty good despite having to eat out more than I would like, but it has totally derailed my exercise program for the time being. I am looking forward to life returning to normal here in the next few days.

As luck would have it, I had to work this weekend. Fortunately, I don't work many weekends at my current job but this one was my turn and this coming week I'm covering for someone on vacation so i won't be doing my usual job. Hopefully MIL will turn the corner and things will start looking better.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:58 PM   #83  

Gawww!!!!!......I am so sick of me I could slap myself. "I have asthma. I have a knee sprain. I'm stressed...." When did I become such a BF WHIIIINNNER????? Ladies, I am NOT a whiner. I am a strong, determined, intelligent woman, and I am going to figure this out and stick with a plan! I am going to lose this weight!!!! I am going to get stronger!!!!! I'm going to turn my life around! I'm not stressed....I'm living a busy, fulfilled life. This is not FAT, this is stored, potential energy. I've been saving it up, and now I'm going to use it all up in a dramatic metamorphosis!!! LOOK OUT WORLD! HERE I COME!!!!!
Old 03-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #84  

Oh Great!....Now I have that chant from Horton Hears a Who going through my head..."Boil that Dust Speck! Boil that Dust Speck!" I'll have to change the words to "Burn those Fat Cells! Burn those Fat Cells!"
Old 03-10-2013, 09:59 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Kewl news...H & I just got back from a walk! He felt up to it! We didn't go really fast nor far, but he felt up to it & did really, really well!! I'm so happy!!!
It's crazy though, he was saying how he wasn't sure he wanted to have the other procedure. Riiiiight...over my dead body! He said it's too painful. I told him: it's not an option not to have it & to give it time! He had the surgery a week ago tomorrow!! ARGH!! If he wasn't recooperating I'd probably AND MORE!!!

petra: Sorry about your MIL. It's sooo rough when loved ones are struggling with their health. My thoughts & prayers.

SeeMyFeet: We all whine sometimes. You can do this! But also take care of yourself! Asthma is nothing to mess with (I'm a borderline asmatic) & soft tissue injuries like sprains can easily be aggrivated. Be kind to yourself, whine for awhile if need be, then get back at it! YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!

Well, better get dinner started. BE HEALTHY! HAVE A GREAT WEEK! GO!!! GO!!! GO!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 236

Nearly spit my coffee out on the computer over the "Boil that Dust Speck!" line, SeeMyFeet! I sure needed a laugh today!

Thoughts and prayers with your MIL, petra.

I have such a crazy week. DS is making his Confirmation on Friday night and we are hosting 20+ people. I'm putting in extra hours this week at work and each kid has 1-2 activities EVERY night this week. On the bright side, hopefully I will be so busy that I will forget about eating.
ukemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday!

I survived the field trip with the kids. Actually, it was a lot of fun. I was a student at the university we went to (eons ago) so it was fun to visit campus again. The crazy thing is I remembered almost none of it. How can it be that I don’t remember details about a place I spent two years at? Couldn't have anything to do with all the partying, could it? The group of kids I was with contained more than half of the cast of the musical DD#2 is in. At lunch time, we got word that the school district was cancelling all school activities on Saturday in anticipation of the big blizzard that was coming. That meant we had to cancel 2 shows. Not only will this be financially devastating, but the kids then miss out on two performances. We spend the rest of the day figuring out how to re-coup our losses, how to get Saturday ticket holders to come to Friday night’s show and can we add a Monday show. It was crazy. Then on Saturday, the storm didn’t materialize as advertised. We for sure could have done the matinee and probably the night show too. Stupid school district won’t cancel or delay school during the week but sure were quick to cancel weekend activities.

Eating wise, I did ok on Saturday, but yesterday was a complete wash. I ate too much sugary junk in my effort to avoid working around the house. An interesting side note, I had a dream about coming into a room that was filled with candy and junk. My friend was there, inviting me to join her. My first thought was “why not…I’ve already ruined my day with bad eating”. Then a different thought popped into my head “just because you ate too much earlier doesn’t mean the day is wasted. You can stop now!” and I did. That is a whole new mind-set for me!! I love that I dreamed it too!

LuvCats: How’s your head and neck feeling? Are you improving?

LindaWW: How’d you do with DH’s birthday dinner? Did you get much snow from Saturday’s storm? Sounds like you’re just southwest of me as the crow flies…I’m in Larkspur.

MrsTryingAgain: Sounds like H is making great strides! Love the pictures…keep them coming!

2FatCats: What’s an HTA? I don’t think it’s sad that the first thing you thought of was your workout schedule. It’s an important part of your lifestyle now. For the first time ever, I would do the same.

Ukemama: WooHoo on the vertigo being gone!!! OMG, that earthquate story is a riot! Luckily, being in New York you probably didn’t even turn a head. Good luck with the party on Friday.

SeeMyFeet: You do make us laugh! You do know that you can divorce the scale if he isn’t treating you right. But hey, at least some of your dreams have come true. A handsome Prince is nothing to sneeze at. Did you come up with a new plan? When have you been whining? I haven’t noticed it. Maybe I’m around too many whiners at work and it's become the norm...

Sept2012: Great news about your Dad!!! And great news about the scale movement too! How hard is the non-drinking challenge for you? Good luck!! Cherry Blossoms already? Dang. My aunts and I are traveling to your neck of the woods in about 3 weeks. They asked me to join them on one of their trips. I said yes, don’t care where, because they’re so much fun to be around! We’re going to Savannah, with our last night in Atlanta. Anything you can recommend we do? Sorry about the broken TV. At least you don’t have to look at all the advertising they do at the bottom of every show now. Good job on the movie popcorn.

Kelijpa: Wishing the best to you too. Good job on the 4 miles!!

Petra65: So sorry about your MIL. I sincerely hope she’s doing better and they successfully got her off the ventilator. Too bad you’re having to work so much right now. That’s a lot of stress for one person. Take care of yourself!

To anyone I missed...have a great, on-plan day!!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #88  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

@Moondance HTA= Hydro-Thermal Ablation. Hot saline rinse to destroy the endometrial lining of the uterus. I'm perimenopausal and all kinds of girlie issues. Hopefully this works...next option is a hysterectomy. *gulp*

Hope everyone is well. I caught my husband's cooties. I've had a cough and stuffy nose all weekend. I did replant my seedlings into bigger peat pots and started some new seeds as well. Somehow I ended up with a ton of tomatoes. And peppers. And basil. And squash. My guest bedoom faces South so it is covered in plants right now. My eyes are always bigger than my garden. Guess I'll give baby plants away to my neighbors!

Ugh, can't stop coughing. Time to find a cough drop - have a great day!
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #89  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Good afternoon wonderful ladies. Thank you for all your positive caring thoughts about my son. Last week was an absolute nightmare. We did end up having to put my son in the hospital for 4 days. He actually asked for help on Monday, which was a good thing. They did put him on medication for his depression. It is actually the same medication I take. Until last week, I did not realize that depression/anxiety can be hereditary. My poor kids, I have been on meds forever. Luckily, he seems to be doing much better. Today was his first day back to school and while I know he was anxious about all the questions, he was ready to go back and get back to track practice. He will have follow up counseling. Hoping we are on the right track.
Needless to say, last week was not a good food/exercise week for me. I did not even venture on the scale this morning to see how bad it is. I did press the restart button this morning. Back to doing the C25K program and healthy eating. I will weigh on Friday and see where I am.

Have a wonderful day all!!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:46 PM   #90  

Good Evening....Ladies who live in my Computer,

Aw NEmom...I'm sooo sad to hear about your DS. Our boys are about the same age. We worried about ours a few years ago...an all-consuming worry that only a mom can understand. How can you be patient when you realize that some booboos cannot be kissed away? I wish for your son Sunshine, Exercise, Good nutrition, and lots of interest from a really hot girl or three. Or a great, new friend. SOMEthing that will help him and help you get through this.

And petra for the long nights in the hospital. Strength and finding the deeper meaning of life. Sigh. Getting old is not for the weak.

2FatCats--that procedure sounds like a misogynist's dream. Hope your doctor is a woman! "Cooties!" haha

1800 cals yesterday, 1100 today, so far. I WAS A VERY GOOD PENGUIN YESTERDAY! Told TH that I wanted to go to the track, without checking the weather first, and he made it happen for the whole family. Brrrrr...walked over a mile in sleet and snow. 20 min on the track and 45 min gasping for air. TH doesn't know what asthma is; thought I was THAT out of shape. menacing growl And hula hoop. Knee still hurts like hades when I bend it.

Weird mood this morn...Thanks, hormones!... I was the last to leave the house...all bundled up...I walked around with that feeling you get when you're checking over the hotel room after a vacation, or when the last box walked out of your apartment before a move...nostalgic, sad, memories left behind and all the undone things......

Then, for unknown reasons, on the drive in, I recalled a work acquaintance from a former life. You ever met someone whose thought processes are so different from your own, you become fascinated and addicted to watching her life..like a TV show? She was one. Every man was AFTER her...Interested in her..."Oh! Bill Gates will be speaking at the next convention!" "I met him at the last one; he pinched me on the a$$." These inner thoughts of hers were uttered with truth and sincerity and just dripped out in every conversation in the strangest ways. (A good example of thought becoming reality, as several marriages broke up during the 4 years I worked there!)....so today I thought I would BE her....Yep....I'm tired of the self-analysis and inferiority....just want to be delusionally self confident, for once....in the elevator: "he WANTS me!"...on the sidewalk: "she wants me so bad she cannot look at me"...in communication with the co-worker who became bizarrely angry with me for illogical reasons: "he's angry because he WANTS me and cannot have me!" Must've put a swish in my step because lots of strangers gave me friendly hellos for no reason. Definitely helped in dealings with difficult people. I'm doin' it again tomorrow.

Skinny and delusional. My new twin goals.