Old 11-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #16  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

I don't know how others do it, but I roast mushrooms by giving them a light douse of olive oil and putting them in a roasting pan in a 375-degree oven until they are done. Can't quantify how long it takes because I haven't made them in awhile. Just check them after 20 min, and go from there.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #17  

Height: 5'2"

Smile

I love this thread. Here are some of my favs:
  • Garbanzo beans sprinkled with spices baked/dehydrated (very yummy and heavy in the calories 300+ calories per can)
  • Cauliflower spiced and dehydrated replaces popcorn
  • Homemade hummus with veggies (making it at home allows me to control the amount of oil that is added-I prefer no oil)
  • Organic celery and grapes
  • Edamame
BrownEyedVeggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:31 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 248?/173/130

Height: 5'8"

Grapes, raspberries, pomegranite, plums, peaches and oranges. Apple slices - they sell them sliced up, in little bags, in the produce section.

I also joined the Fruit of the Month club from Harry and David. I got apples yesterday.

I keep a mix of dried cherries, Craisins, golden raisins and nuts in a Rubbermaid container. A small handful is yummy and filling.

I like the nature valley granola bars (the crunchy ones) and eat those everyday when I take vitamins that require fat.

Special K has popcorn chips and "cracker chips" (potato chips) that I like a lot. Four or five make me feel like I had a real treat. I use the popcorn ones to eat...

Salsa. Yum.

Once in a while, a reduced fat Triscuit is good.

Jello. Also jello with fruit. I realize many young people see "Jello With Fruit" as an old lady thing, but I don't care. It's good.

Rice cakes. I prefer the generic ones to the Quaker ones. I get the plain ones with no flavor or extra salt.

I wish smoking weren't so damned unhealthy. It totally took the place of snacking for me and I miss it.

Last edited by Stripes 237; 11-18-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Stripes 237 is offline   Reply With Quote