Old 06-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #16  
Mrs. Fed Up

S/C/G: 248/248/150

Height: 5'9"

I know what you mean. I need to lose about 50 pounds and hate the way I look in pictures. I am tall and have a thin frame, so every pound of fat hangs off me like dripping candle wax! My nephew got married last November and I have YET to look at the online wedding photos. That's sad to be scared to view a photo of yourself. I will be 47 this month and am done being lumpy and unhealthy. I certainly don't want to be in my sixties worrying about how to get around.
suzycreamcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #17  

Last summer's picture of me outside, watching my son and his cousins play was horrible. I'm almost 20 pounds lighter now, but am still obese and people stare.

My husband always wants to take pictures of me, but I won't let him. He says I should let him because my son is not going to have any evidence of me being around when he was growing up because I'm not in any of the pictures.

So I need to start being in pictures (even though I hate them) because it will be evidence of my weight loss journey, and will be something for my son to see when he's grown up.
GwenSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #18  

I'm 21 5'9 and 280 oddly enough I still have a good shape jus all the fat is in the wrong parts my stomach feels like I'm prego i went to try on pants and cryed in the dressing room idk how i let myself get this way its so embarssing to always feel huge help me how can I lose weight and have self control
ineedhelp143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome ineedhelp. do you have a diet plan in place ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:22 AM   #20  
Back to being healthy

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8'

I think my breaking point was seeing pictures of myself. I was horrified. I do not think of myself as that fat woman. I have no energy to do anything with my kids. It is time. I don't think I was really committed fully before now. I had to get to 260lbs. How did I let myself get this heavy?

I have been drinking my water and have that energy. I already am seeing results.
Lishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:56 AM   #21  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

Isn't it crazy how just a couple of pounds a month -- a few candy bars, another cookie, a little treat because you "need" it -- can add up to *so many* pounds at the end of a year, and more at the end of several years?

Vigilance is needed, girls. I've lost 75, 90, and then 150 lbs, and gained it all back each time in the years that followed. I thought that getting it off was hard, but keeping it off is HARDER!

However, I truly believe that each time taught me something -- what to watch for in the future. This time I'm seeing a counselor as part of my program, and I've been amazed at all the "mind work" I need to do. I'm determined to work hard now so that when temptations, cravings, emotions, people, stress, etc. hit later, I'll know how to handle it without food.

You can do it! Just press on!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:04 AM   #22  

tacomama I hear you on that! I am going to print a picture of me at my lowest weight to encourage me to get to that weight. I do not want to see my pictures right now. We can all do it!
Campana is offline   Reply With Quote