Old 11-29-2011, 09:45 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 233/172.5/135

Height: 5'4"

I've been coming here and reading the blogs for awhile and finally joined a few days ago. It looks like a real good place to make some connections and find and give support.
4 years ago I weighed 233 lbs. I lost 60 lbs in 6 months. 18 lbs on my own first, then started weight watchers (only by getting the information I needed to count points). I never joined and paid them. I had a friend whose mother and grandmother did WW years ago and she brought me the info for me to copy. It worked really well. I was soooooooo ready to get rid of the weight after I saw in an accident report that I was listed as obese. I had never really thought I was THAT bad before then. That forced me to give myself a really good look. I also got married for the second time in August 2006. And after looking at the photos, I was convinced it had to go. I was not happy with my appearance at all. Food and my weight were controlling my life and I didn't like it.
Now I have been stuck in the 170's for 3 1/2 yrs. I get down to 170 and then something happens and I start gaining again. I think it has to do with fear of some kind, but cannot nail it down. It is very frustrating. I recently was back up to 177 and decided it was time, yet again, to start being "serious" about counting my points and losing the weight to finally reach my goal once and for all. I again got down to 170, and now back up to 174.....arrggghhhh. Anyone else struggling with this issue?

Hoping to make some new friends here.
Witchybear37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:46 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 250/171/152

Height: 5'5

I've been here about 2 weeks. I've found it to be quite a fun site. I've stumbled upon a few people that have very similar stories to mine. And they are at their goal weight. So it's just an extra little push. The success stories seem to be the best part of the forum for me. It's so inspiring and it's helped to keep me on track.
I hope you all find it as helpful as I have!
Good Luck!
I believe in you!
Tessa
tessilette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:35 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 300+/265/180

Height: 5'8

Hi all, I am new too. Looking at the posts here I am like a lot of you and stumbled on this site. I found it by googling 120lb weight loss success stories. And I found a bunch! Like you tessilette I needed some inspiration. I have lost about 40lbs so far, doing WW Points Plus, but it's tough! My start weight was 300+, my goal is 180, but I'll take anything 199 or less. Look forward to posting here! Hope
ahs23440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:33 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

I love this site and come whenever I need new ideas or have a question.

I also make a point of trying to give back when I visit. I try to post a word of congratulations or motivation when and where I can with the time I can spend.

I think this is the best site on the net for support!

Best wishes everyone!
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #20  
New Beginning

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up New to 3 fat chicks

Hi all, I came across this site by accident and i'm really glad I did. I was reading through the forums and find a lot of the information very useful.

I am going to start trying "again" to lose weight in 2012. I think having the support of this site it may be possible this time.

kpisamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 191/185/145

I was doing a search on the P.I.N.K. Method and stumbled upon this site. Turns out the PINK Method is not for me, but this site is! So glad I found it! I find great inspiration and support right here.
kandyrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 312/285/200

Height: 5'8

I'm new too! I would love some weight loss buddies. I see an eating disorder therapist and she's great, but it's always fun to have others to chat with.
PixelChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 278/268/150

I just signed up for Ideal Protein today. 3 of my coworkers having been doing it and have had great sucess. One of them referred me to this website. I'm excited and nervous for this journey. I've tried so many things and had contemplate lapband. I know I'm just ready to be healthy and happy. At 40, I should be.
tsmoore71 is offline   Reply With Quote