Old 07-12-2010, 12:57 AM   #1  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Wink Week of July 12th General Chat

It's a new week chickettes!

And we only managed 2 pages of chat last week which isn't really up to standard, so get typing and tell us all what going well, and what's going not so well this week.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:24 AM   #2  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for getting us started Ange! Waiting to see what the scale at work shows this morning : ) Got my lunch precooked and ready to go, no misbehavior today! Hope everybody has a great monday : )
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

You're right Ange! We do need more posts! It helps me so much to come here and read.

WLW-Good luck with the scale today. LOVED the joke!

Getting back to work today, short week for me. I am taking off Thursday and Friday to spend some time with my boys. Looking forward to that! Still deciding if I want to continue the pursuit of buying a home. I wasn't really looking until the one popped up last week. Now that I know I pre-qualify, I am thinking maybe I should at least keep looking.

Have a great day everyone!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #4  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

I was hiding last week from the board. When I go off plan, I get really bad. Now, I'm at 132 pounds and realize I have a choice to make-- quit smoking and get healthy or gain the 40 pounds back. It seems like an easy choice, but oddly I hold on to old beliefs such as that food is comfort.

My recent relapse with eating coincided with dating again. I haven't had a boyfriend in over 5 years and I think I'm ready to meet someone. But it's hard to take the indifference that guys show. I feel like a teenager again and I get angsty when someone doesn't call. I pretend I don't care, but I do.

Not feeling 40 right now, more like 14. Sigh.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:09 AM   #5  

Chickie.... You can get back on track! Look at how far you have come.

On the dating: When I was young and dating, I was never able to just date around or date casually. I never went out with more than one person at a time. I always had trouble NOT attaching to men too soon. I don't envy you going through that now, even at our "mature" age. Just hang in there. I know you will meet someone who isn't so indifferent.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #6  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

I feel your pain MC, dating again at any age makes you feel like an insecure teenager! It's been about 3 years since I've been in any kind of a "relationship". Not totally sure that one counted since he was an ex-boyfriend I would go out with once in a while when I got a case of the lonelies. Realized one day I hadn't heard from him in over a month - probably because of my indifference - and now it's been over 2 years. I occasionally get the urge to call him but it wasn't a healthy relationship and wasn't going anywhere so there's no point getting that mess started again. Now I'm dealing with the shy lonely guy and I don't know if he's indifferent or it's the shyness.

On the stress front my son has announced he's marrying the skank girlfriend. First it was supposed to be in 6 mos, now he's set a date in september and she's bought a dress....I'm biting my tongue extra hard! It freaks them out when I get quiet so I'm saying nothing : )

The work scale was kind, only showed a 1lb bounceback so I'm back down at my low point...hoping for that whoosh!
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:44 PM   #7  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

Not exactly on topic, but I'm wondering how long it took you all to receive your signature lines? Does the website just enable it for you one day? Do you have to go to the UserCP page to activate it? I've been on here over 3 weeks, and still don't see a way to create one.

Thanks.
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Good morning. This week isn't going so well. I've fallen off plan and I'm backsliding badly. The scale is going up. I need to get my head straight.

At least I'm exercising, but work is very stressful lately and I'm finding it hard to say no--actually, I'm finding it impossible to say no to stuff I shouldn't be eating. Got to do better today.

I hope everyone else is having a better week.

Chickie--I'm in the same boat, which means anything motivational I say, I have to apply to myself, too--and I'm not sure I'm ready to hear it. Well, here it is anyway--forgive yourself and remember this is a process that sometimes works better than at other time. (Bother--now I have to do the same.)

I'm off to exercise.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:34 AM   #9  
learning maintenance

Hmmm, i'm not going so well with food this week either, but i'm sort of doing two lots of jobs, and started work at 4.30 this morning, then just got home at 7pm, not that that is a real excuse at all, but for some reason i'm eating rubbish too.

Sounding like there's a few of us as bad as each other though this week!!

Neurodoc - i think it's 21 days to get your ticker, and you have to go back in to your user profile to set it up. You don't get notified automatically i don't think, so have a look at yours and see whether you have 'signature' options.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:05 AM   #10  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks Annie & WLW about the dating. I realize I am completely ready to be in a committed relationship because I have spent several years alone and working on my issues.

I got dumped last night mid date. He blurted it out after he made me dinner and we had gotten intimate. Apparently, he has some sort of psycho attachment to a woman for the past two years. He was vague about their relationship & said she was a mean person. I guess she called wanting him during the date & he ran to her.

This guy revealed himself to be a complete user. He used me as a plaything and other women too while chasing his great love. I told him to get the f*ck off the dating site because he's not available in any way and he's using women. I have no idea how many other women he was f*cking, but I am guessing a good number.

After he dropped me off I ran to convenience store for a binge, but had no money because I lent him $20 last night (before he dumped me, of course). So in a way it's good I threw away my money because I didn't end up stuffing it in my stomach.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:46 AM   #11  

"I got dumped last night mid date. He blurted it out after he made me dinner and we had gotten intimate."

Chickie, my blood is boiling right now! What a turd!! I'm so sorry this happened to you. I really wish I could give you a great big real-life hug, but this will have to do.

I am seriously looking at another house, I know this will be a good thing in the long run financially, but I am very scared. We'll see how it works out. I didn't get to sleep until midnight last night and got up at 0530. Very sleepy. Still did my exercise. Trying not to let anything derail me now.

Keep up the great work ladies!
Old 07-13-2010, 11:29 AM   #12  
Next mini-goal 184

S/C/G: 204/189/155

Height: 5' 7"

Just wow! Lot of stuff going on. No weight change at all I am just stuck, but I really can't complain, eating has not been perfect, not bad but no where close to being what I planned. Life is just crazy busy right now & lots of stuff going on, nothing is wrong really just busy.

Kathi - Sorry about the issues that aren't making you really happy that your son is getting married. Great plan making them freak out by saying nothing.

Annie - I hope you find a perfect house for you, I am sure there is one out there that has your name written all over it.

Caroline - I understand the feeling 14 instead of 40. I think everyone has a hard time dating regardless if they will admit it or not. Dating is just awkward. Getting dumped last night is just wrong. ((HUGS))

Neurodoc - They do just enable it for you one day, if you click on "quick links" at the top of the page it will show up as edit signature under that once it is enabled.

Ange & KittehMomma - I hope both of you can get back on track & the week improves for both of you.

I have a foster daughter living with me right now, she is going back to her Mother, in a way I am glad that she is able to return home & her Mother is trying, but darn you get so attached to the kids & then you seem to worry about them all the time. I am praying things work out for her at home but it sure is hard helping her pack up her stuff. Got to go get back to packing.

Have a good day everyone.
Im On A Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:01 AM   #13  
learning maintenance

Dee - good on you for having a foster daughter. The emotional impact would be really hard though, you poor thing. I'm not really a children person but am a big softie for animals and am thinking about fostering dogs rescued from the pound to give them a second chance and the thing that's putting me off (other than i'm away too much) is that i'd be totally emotionally wrung out by their sad histories, their sad eyes, and then their departures - i'd end up taking them all on myself!!

Annie - what is it you're scared of with buying a house? You don't HAVE to do it and you don't have to rush into anything. Good on you for keeping up the exercise even though you didn't sleep much - it'll help you sleep tonight!

Caroline - sorry to hear about the 'user'. At least you know now. Sounds like he's pretty mixed up himself really, so just forget about him. Sure is a minefield out there, but you'll find the right one. Don't let it get you down. Stay strong girl!

kathi - it's tough about your son and his choice in wife, especially as there's not much you can do. At least you're still there for him. LOL about them freaking out with the silent treatment!

Well i ran 10.2km today which is the first time since i broke my foot in April that i've gone over 10, so i'm pretty pleased with that at the same time as being mildly horrified that it's taken this long to get to that stage. Meanwhile my friend is off running a half-marathon race this weekend - the same one as we did together last year, so i'm a bit grumpy i can't do it again but will go support her instead.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:36 AM   #14  

Hello everyone! Had to come into work an hour early today for a meeting. I was not about to get up at 0430 to exercise, so I missed it today. It felt so wrong not to exercise! I like that I have finally gotten into the habit. We did work in the yard last night and I really sweated and got my heart rate up, so I hope that counts. Did some breaking up of some tree limbs and I can sure feel it in my shoulders.

I am making an offer on a little house today.

Ange, I don't know why I am scared to go ahead with buying a house. I had to file bankruptcy after my divorce and am honestly surprised that I pre-qualify for a home loan. Bankruptcy was pretty demoralizing for me. I guess I'm just worried that at some point they will finally say...."Oh sorry. We can't loan to you after all." That, and the fact that I am going to have to do alot of purging/organizing of stuff I have held onto for years. Will be good to finally clear it all out though.

And I suppose my vacation plans are going south. Really need to use the money to work on getting this done. Had to cancel our trip last year because of car repairs. I get easily disappointed myself, but the boys understand.

I am taking Thurs. and Fri. off to spend time with the boys and get some things done around my house. I am committing to myself to eat healthy and keep up on my exercise. I will allow myself a few off-plan foods, but I really want to keep at it. I intend to make these changes in my life permanent and hope to be successful.

I was up a bit on the scale this morning. I'm not too concerned as my TOM seems to be getting out of whack. Always regular, I have begun to have TOM more sporadically. I was supposed to start last weekend and I think I may be holding onto some water weight. I've been having what I think are hot flashes, too. I'll give it a week and see how my numbers are then.

Dee-I so admire your fostering. You are making a big difference in childrens' lives by doing that.

Ange-Big applause to you for getting back to running! I've never been a runner and have alot of respect for those that do.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 07-14-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:55 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 189/164/135

I am new here (well I have been a member for years but somehow got sidetracked). I really need some motivation to keep losing. I lost about 40 pound 2 years ago and then stopped. Now I have gained back about 10 of those lost pounds and really want to get it moving again. I am looking to meet some new friends to help guide me. There are some many different ways to eat and plans to follow. What does every one here do?
I look forward to getting to meet you all and make some new friends

Paula
Corpus Christi, Tx
Freem06 is offline   Reply With Quote