Old 04-20-2010, 02:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/148.2/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Ugh... need some encouragement chicks

Feeling like a blimp today AF showed up yesterday and Sunday and yesterday were NOT my most healthy eating days ever. (can we say "hello Easter candy and french fries??? lol - not at the same time). I'm on track with my exercise, but just feel like the weight is not coming off quickly enough for my liking. I feel better, which is great, and I am fitting into some clothes I haven't for a while... but my other clothes don't feel a lot looser.

I'm trying to keep my calories at around 1300 a day and am doing 4 cardio workouts a week (at least 30 minutes each) and 3 weight sessions (doing Chalean Extreme - each is around 40 mins) and at least 2 of her stomach exercise programs a week, plus her recharge stretch session once a week. This is the MAX of what I have time for (seriously, as a single Mom with 2 grade school kiddos this is hard enough to work in).

I started end of February - and 2 weeks ago upped my cardio (the program has 2 days of cardio and I added 2 more). So maybe I'll start seeing results quicker.

Anywho, a co-worked just asked me "hey, how's that exercise program going?" which was kinda a joke between us for a while. I kept saying I was going to work out, but didn't and he knew it and we joked around about carrying extra weight, yada, yada (cause I've gained all my weight since I've worked here). He had no idea I actually HAVE been working out, but apparently I still look like a lard a$$. Sigh, or maybe I'm just being sensitive.

I dunno, this just seems so much harder than it did in my 20s or 30s.....
kittygrrll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 198.2/184.2/160.0 ~ 14.0 lost!

Height: 5'10"

Default hi there...

I am new to 3FC (just found you all yesterday), in my 40's with 2 grade school aged kids, too. And I can relate to your post - esp when you say it's not coming off as fast as you would like. *sigh* I feel like I am working so hard and for what? 1/2 a lb. off? Go figger. All I can say is my motivating factor is that I am going to Hawaii for a week on 5/27 to visit my cuzn W/O dh, W/O kids, W/O laundry, homework, having to make balanced meals & lunches, etc. etc. and so that is my real motivation. Plus I have this red bikini I wore in Mexico 2 yrs ago that I told my cuzn I am wearing on the beach in Hawaii no matter what I weigh. LOL. She will hold me to it too. I also have these awesome jeans I no longer fit into that I hung up so that I can see them whenever I go into my closet. Is there anything you have that you dont fit anymore that you would like to fit? Maybe hang the garment where u can see it regularly. Or - better yet - go get something new that will fit in 10 lbs or so.

We all need encouagement.... hope this helps a bit... just knowing others are going thru the same thing helps me tremendously.

I'm just sayin'. Suz.
suzarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:35 PM   #3  

Thanks - it does help to know others feel the same way. I wish you well on getting into that bikini (I know you'll do it!) And Hawaii - I would SO love to be going there!!

Unfortunately, I have a closet full of clothes that don't fit. LOL - so I have lots of motivation there.

I did have a pair of jeans that I couldn't get into back at the end of January that I wore last weekend, so I know "some" changes are going on.

I'm gonna keep plugging away at it. One day at a time. I wish I could give up diet sodas (cause I hear that artificial sweetener can hamper weight loss) but I just can't do it!!! I already gave up my Southern staple of sweet tea... lol

Thanks for replying - it's good to know we're in this together
Old 04-20-2010, 04:22 PM   #4  

Must have felt soooo awesome to get those jeans on last weekend! YAY! I cant wait to be able to report such a thing... :-)

In your first post you said something like losing weight was so much easier in our 20s & 30s... YOU SAID IT. lololol... I remember when I would decide to lose 5 lbs on a Sunday and it'd be off by that next Friday nite just in time to go out! Not anymore tho.... whole new ballgame in this 43yo body!

How old are your kids? I have 2 girls, 5 & 10. I stay at home with them for now, but with dh's bizness getting pretty slow (he is a contractor) I will be looking for work, at least p/t, come Sept. I have the absolute greatest respect for single moms.... I dont know if I could do it alone! Not that dh helps a lot with the kids as he is always working, but right now taking care of them IS my f/t job so its ok. YOU GO GIRL....

Glad to meetcha... and also to know I'm not the only one needing encouragement!!!

Suz.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/169/145

Kittygrrll, instead of giving up the diet soda just add more water in during the day and try to balance it out. I have also noticed that getting enough sleep really helps with weight loss. It looks like you are doing a great job as you have already lost 10 lbs. Keep up the good work!

Last edited by lyv33; 04-20-2010 at 07:53 PM.
lyv33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:31 PM   #6  

Kitty... I agree with Ivy: u must be doing something right to have lost that 10 lbs (AND get into those jeans!! ;-)) You & I have much in common as I too love my diet Coke but, like you, heard that it inhibits weight loss, so I gave it up. My corner market was selling these drinks that I was loving called Skinny Water -- 0 calories, 0 carbs, 0 sugar -- but are no longer selling them... wahhh! I need to find out where to get them. Ok, going on my evening walk. Have a good nite! Suz.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:27 AM   #7  

Suz,

my kids are 7 (ds) and 9 (dd). It can be difficult raising them alone, but I've been doing it a long time lol. They are with their Dad EOW. I'll be 43 in July (so we're about the same age).

My bf is a contractor also, isn't that weird? He's been slow too, but I think things may be finally picking up in NC. LOL - and that's another thing that's not so fun.... dating in your 40's with two children.

I look forward to getting to know you.

Now back to work...

Lisa
Old 04-21-2010, 09:28 AM   #8  

Ivy... thanks so much for the encouragement. I am trying to drink lots of water. We have the spring water at work, so I try to sip it all day and I have bottled water at home. Sleep, yes, I have a problem getting enough of that.

Lisa
Old 04-21-2010, 07:55 PM   #9  

Lisa, tis a small world, eh? Lots in common, how funny. LOL, I thought your name was Kitty, but now that u sign off as Lisa, it must mean you are a cat-lover, which I am too. In fact our Lucy just had kittens last Tuesday! They are so cute... and dont worry, we are finding good homes for them and then getting her spayed after that. We just wanted to have the experience of letting Lucy have a litter for the girls (and Lucy, too :-)).

Hmmm.... dating in our 40's? Lemme tell you, lol, that doesnt sound too bad sometimes. *sigh* Marriage is not easy, as I guess you already know not being with your kids' dad. None of it (parenting, I mean) is easy... married, single, whatever. Hardest & most important thing we'll ever do! But the best too.....

I have great news to report... lost 2.8 this week!! Yay! That is a total of 14.0 since Jan 2nd, the REAL date I started. I did great for a coupla months then fell off track and have just started back again in earnest 2 weeks ago (today is day 1 of week 3). Do u weigh every day or do u have a specific day of the week u weigh in? I try not to weigh every day b/c I can get weird and obsessive about it... so I try to only weigh on Wednesdays, first thing in the morning (after, *ahem*, emptying myself, sorry if TMI). Oh well. 24.2 pounds to go to goal of 160!!! Wonder if this (or close to it) is doable by 5/25, my bday??? I guess I will just keep pluggin along and see. Slow and steady wins the race, right? Have a great nite!

Suz.