Old 08-19-2009, 05:48 PM   #31  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Marie, I think I'll always think of myself as fat too. Nice thing about DH is he doesn't think I am at all, never has. He compliments me on how I have done but clarifies by saying he didn't think I really needed to lose. He truly is an example of love is blind. Lucky me!

Newleaf, way to survive the super bowl party. Sounds extremely painful to me but sounds like you were a very good sport. Hooray for size 12 jeans. Can't wait til I'm there!

Gardener, The start of a new diet is the best. It's the boost we need to stick with it! I think since I maintained most of the summer it's almost like I'm starting new. Sounds like your plan is your non plan! That's OK! Whatever works!

AlleyTD, glad to hear from you again. Hope your Lasik goes well!

Weightloswanted, Great avatar! Nice to put a face to your posts.

Patchwork, sounds like your second surgery was also a success. What project are you working on now?

ICU, I also despise reviews. I get very uncomfortable although I know I am a great employee. Really wish we didn't have to do them!

Hotsplashes, what is a physiatrist? I had to reread your post because I thought it said psychiatrist!

Presmaggie, Yeah for loose jeans! 3 more weeks of summer, that's how it should be. I do think we start way to early here but nobody asked me!

Jacquee, hope your mom is doing better after her surgery. Thinking of you!

I hope I haven't missed anyone, if I did I didn't mean to! My loss this morning is really giving me the willpower to not snack right now!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:19 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Wow, I missed a lot!

Presmaggie and Marie - love the new avatars! Presmaggie - your face looks so slender - how fun! Marie - You are so pretty now that we can finally see your face beneath the sunglasses!

Presmaggie and Newleaf - so jealous of you gals in your size 12s! I'm still fighting the good fight in my size 14s - aargh! Can't wait to be in (dare I say it) single digits!!

Madison - a belated welcome! Come and tell us how you're doing!

Jacqui - Sound like a tough time - hang in there!

ICU - what fat percentage do you aim for if you don't mind discussing it? I was intrigued by your comment : )

Alleytd - hope the surgery went well! And congrats on the loss!

penguin - loved the rain hitting your eyes story!

Back to work...
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:15 PM   #33  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

marie - count me in with the chickies who think you're gorgeous! And thanks for the kind words on the career change. I'll provide more details as timelines and task lists develop.

dancer - experience tells me that when I get below 30%, my skin flakes, my hair is brittle, my nails all split and I'm as ornery as a hornet on a hot day. Let me eat an avocado ... and I become a nice person again. I currently am pushing about 33-38% fat, mostly coming from avocado and coconut, and nuts and seeds. Dairy (organic wherever possible) would make up the next biggest category. Dr. Mercola has some theories that your historical lineage (where your ancestors came from) have a lot to do with where you "thrive" diet-wise - the more tropical your background, the higher your carbs need to be, and the more frozen/Arctic, the higher the fat you can process. Me, I'm about 95% German, Russian, Scot, and English. Maybe he's right. All I do know is that I have tried low-fat diets and that's exactly what got me to my highest weight. Low simple-carbs worked a little better but my bloodwork went bananas - high LDL cholesterol and triglycerides. In general, I guess I'd call what I do a low-glycemic load, high "good fat" diet. Total cholesterol remains high (it runs in the family) but HDL is very high, and tri's went way down. And even better, I am very happy, losing weight, and not hungry - I can live with this! Hope that helps!

OMW - in many industries, "performance evaluations" are pretty much history. Give me some objectives with measurable metrics, and I will find a way to meet them. Not always a good idea to probe how I did it! I thought my manager, who's a guy younger than me, did a great job doing his HR homework, and he's very perceptive. I might be less nervous than most because I've never bought into the notion that my job defines me - I can take it or leave it.

Heidi - nice work with the party! Polite and IN CONTROL!!! I am sure your scale will reward you this week!

Off to complete a short story that's way overdue ... see y'all tomorrow! No unplanned snacks!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:14 PM   #34  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

Funny, I remember how upset I was when I first had to buy size 12 jeans. Now I would be dancing in the street if I could get back down to a 12! I am determined to get there, ya'll are such an inspiration : ) I take terrible pics, even when I was thin. Not sure why, but I always squint or close my eyes!

Last edited by weightlosswanted; 08-19-2009 at 09:15 PM. Reason: ps
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:46 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 186/151.8/125

Height: 5'3 and a bump =}

Thank you ladies for such a warm welcome. I've read all of your posts and you'll have to pardon me, it's gonna take a while before I can remember all of your names.

Everyone seems to be doing great on their weightloss! Great job everybody!

I was just wondering what type(s) of nutritional plan(s) are you using and your fitness routines.

Thanks so much again for the warm welcome. I am excited to be part of such a great support team!
madison27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:20 AM   #36  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Thanks EVERYBODY!!!

I did get up and go to boot camp...going to make a healthy breakfast...no more hospital food...yippee!!! And then we will hit the road to college.

Hope everybody has a GREAT day!!! Will check back later.

Last edited by Jacque9999; 08-20-2009 at 08:20 AM.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:22 AM   #37  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Quote:
Originally Posted by weightlosswanted View Post
) I take terrible pics, even when I was thin. Not sure why, but I always squint or close my eyes!
I think you are selling yourself short -- I love your avatar, and I'm assuming that's you. It's a great pic!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:24 AM   #38  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

PresMaggie - I love your new avatar photo -- you look great!! And with a jewel-toned top, to boot! It was you who said always a jewel-toned top, right?
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:48 AM   #39  
Learner

S/C/G: 201/183/155

Height: 5' 5"

newleaf - yep, I'm the jewel toned top girl. I think patchworkpenguin is keen on them, too. That top is one that I bought on the way up and I've been using it as an incentive. It had been too tight until the last couple of days.

Jacque - good luck on your trip to college!

Madison - I'm using the Sparkpeople site to count calories and a personal trainer to set up a weight training/cardio plan at the gym.

weightlosswanted - I remember my first pair of size 12 jeans, too. That was a long time ago and a sad day.

ICUwishing - when do you start your gemologist training and how long will it take?

dancerindenver - thanks for the comment about my avatar. I'm now in the size range where my face really changes as I lose weight.

onmyway - congrats on the 2.5 pounds. I guess that routine does really help.

Alley - I'm another one who is so glad I had laser eye surgery. It made life so much easier not to be worrying about glasses that fog up. I used to live in an extremely cold climate and it was really a pain to deal with that.

I had a pretty bad day for eating yesterday. However, I had a great workout and my body feels so great this morning. What an incentive to keep going. I have so much more stamina now.

I can't remember who asked about my ragdoll cats, but one is siamese colored and the other one is white with a grey face. They are fabulous cats and I've found out that they are spider killers - my heroes. We have these big spiders called wolf spiders that are bigger than anything I ever saw growing up in a colder climate. I found the crumpled bodies of 3 spiders this morning and I had no idea there were so many out and about at night.
presmaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:56 AM   #40  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

newleaf: yay for size 12 jeans!

Marie: thanks for the confirmation about knowing deep in our hearts what makes us fat -- that's exactly what's happening for me. A kind of waking up from a fog of denial.

Onmyway: yay for the motivating power of a downtick in the scale to keep you on track!

ICUwishing: I'm glad your review went well. I'm encouraged that you have lost weight on a non-plan and that 3FC made the difference -- I'm hoping that works for me, too!
I'm really impressed by your awareness about what your body needs. I'm reading lots of diet books right now for motivation and it's pretty funny how each one is so adamant that their way is the only way -- and the next one is just as adamant with the opposite point! I really do think that everything works for someone, but nothing works for everyone because we're all different. Now, I just need to figure out what makes my body tick.

madison27: I'm just starting, too, so I'm not really into much of a routine yet. I've eliminated eating in the car; eating things that I buy at a gas station, drug store, or mall; eating after supper except from a small prescribed list. That's the situations where I've experienced binging behavior so I wanted to put a stop to it. Over a year ago, I got into local and all-natural foods, so now that I got myself to eating most of my food from home again, that's what I'm doing. It's a good time of year for that -- I'm eating vegetables at all three meals! For exercise, at the moment, I'm just doing something every day -- usually walking. I may set a more firm goal for September.

weightlosswanted, hotsplashes, and others: Here's how I got my blog link to work.
My blog's address is
3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/gardenerjoy/
At the forums, I click on UserCP in the purple bar to get to my profile page. Click Edit Profile in the left menu. Scroll down to the Diet-Blog section and I have "gardenerjoy" in that box (without the quotes). Hope that helps someone!

I'm still riding the wave of new diet syndrome with lots of energy and enthusiasm. I'll take that as long as I can get it!
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:42 AM   #41  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Good morning ladies.....

I am home but have major catching up to do both here online and around the house.

The cruise was GREAT even with daily rain; unfortunately I came back with a sore throat and sniffles. I'm up 2.8 lbs. but considering what I ate and drank I'm very happy. I had camera issues so many of my pictures did not come out. What I do have I will post on Flickr.

I'll be back later today or tomorrow to catch up.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:35 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Hello Ladies.. gonna be quick... Got 8 more articles to write before deadline at midnite.. been putting it off for 2 weeks..

Physiatrist is a medical doctor who works to heal your skeletal structure holistically without surgery. I prefer that over being Sliced open!!

Penguin.. Cataract Surgery..I was thinking Lasix!!lol And yes..odd the raindrop on the eyeball thingy!!

My blog link isn't working yet either and niether is my ticker... what's with that???

OK.. writing articles between loads of laundry... sheesh...

Take care and see everyone tomorrow!!!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #43  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Cindy - welcome back! Isn't Alaska AWESOME??? (even with the weather)

Hotsplashes - deadlines, ewwww. My sympathies. Are you the sort of person who does their best work under a little pressure?

gardener - thanks ... yes, I've worked way harder than I should have to figure out what I can live with, diet-wise. Never, never, NEVER give up - as you said, there is something that will work for everybody. Maybe the new field of nutrigenomics is the answer we've all been waiting for - we'll be able to give a DNA sample and they'll be able to tell us what we should be eating!

pres - I love your new picture too, and any cat that kills spiders is welcome in my house. I know of those wolf spiders - we used to catch them up at school in coffee cans, and toss them down in the basement. We believed that they were keeping the mice under control. (goosebumps). I expect to get started with my certification training sometime in early October. I have a lot of things I need to get in order before I start this. I'm not sure exactly how long it will take - it's self-paced. A year, I think?

Decent day so far. I'm anxious to see the next scale drop - I've been waffling at 157 +2 since July 31. Much as I'd like to see this happen faster, I'm just not willing to cut back any more.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:12 PM   #44  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

gardnerjoy: oic! I think I got it this time : )
newleaf: thanks, but my friends will tell you most of my pics have my eyes closed or squinting (or they get a pic of my hand). a friend posted a pic of me when I was 15 - with my eyes closed. I'm working on not doing that anymore!

the hat in my avatar was purchased just for fun, but I live in it when I'm out riding the buses on my days off. it's sooo hot here in south carolina and I burn easily. it also makes my hairdresser happy because I'm not bleaching out the pretty color I spend so much time and money on!
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:35 PM   #45  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Hey all! While Mom and I were busy at CBS workshop on Wed Dad and Hubby put tile on the floor in the bathroom. YAY! We {Hubby, April, and I} spent the night at my parent's house last night. Hubby and Dad are putting the toilet back in as we speak, and will grout the floor as well as add more grout to what's in the shower, which came out very dark.

My right eye is doing much better! My vision was a little dark and had a green overcast but that is gone now, I'm still having a little trouble with the double vision and may now need more surgery to fix that but hopefully my eyes can figure that out on their own!

Madison, I'm trying to count calories and stay away from choc, not cutting it out entirely just cutting back! But no specific eating plan. I nomally exercise about 1 hour a day {alternating days of weights or cardio} but have cut back due to the surgeries and recovery {and it just so stinking HOT in the summer!]. I do workout videos at home, and run on the treadmill with audio programs.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote