Old 01-04-2009, 05:38 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 205/200/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi Debbie, I am new at this too. Getting ready for the beach in March is a great motivator.

So far the year has been pretty good...it's only the 4th, but I feel very good about 2009. This is the year that I do become fit and healthy.

I have been eating very healthy meals....only a few sweets, but nothing like I was eating before. I am going to be joining the Y this week with a friend...and getting back to Yoga classes.

I really enjoy reading the forums on here and getting inspired by all the chicks who have done do well and look great.

cheers, Sandra
fitredchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:20 PM   #17  

Hi everyone I'm another over 40 needing to lose lbs (52 to be exact). I keep trying and keep falling down but I'm resilient. The weight has to go.
nicky_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:16 PM   #18  

Default Hi all over 40 and beautiful chicks!

Had a great day today....went to the gym and worked out for over an hour, then did 45 minutes of yoga.

Did I say that I am dating again? Yes, after being married for 14 years, and single for 10 years...now back on the saddle having some serious fun.

It's amazing how much dating and having men take interest in you again can do for your self-esteem. My body needs a little work...but I am feeling great.

How are all the rest of you feeling today?

Sandra
Old 01-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 253.6/246.6/130

Height: 5' 3"

Hey Sandra and others,

I'm in Canada as well, and must say I find it's even harder to get motivated when it's a frosty minus forty outside! Thankfully I can treadmill in the warmth of my apartment.....no excuses!

Best of luck on your journey!
Okpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:41 AM   #20  

Hi Okpik and all 40 somethings!

Okpik..I see that you are in Nunavut...would love to visit there some day....love the north!

I am dragging my butt a little today...on the computer getting some work done (I work from home)....but will be getting out for a nice walk on this sunny day...only - 19 C. here today....

cheers, Sandra
Old 01-10-2009, 06:57 PM   #21  

Default Joined up again

I too am in Canada, the West Coast.

I joined this site last year, did nothing about my weight, gained about 10 pounds over the year.

I did however lose those 10 pounds over Christmas, yes you read that correctly I lost weight over the holidays. I was sick and not at all interested in eating.

I have lost another 5 pounds since then too.

But I need to get off my bum and get moving. I have a sedentary job, commute 2 hours a day and sit when I am at home. I used to be much more active. I have a should injury which is stopping a lot of activity, but when the snow is gone I will start walking again.

Instead of focusing on pounds, I will be taking 2 measurements each week, high bust and waist. I need to lose belly fat, ok I need to lose fat all over, but I am most concerned about the belly fat.
gagnongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:49 PM   #22  

Hey Gagnon girl.....nice to see lots of us Canadians on here....it's too cold to excercise outside tonight...minus 25 celcius!

congrats on losing the weight over Christmas...although, being sick isn't a great way to do that!

I know what you mean about the job...I sit at a desk for a good portion of the day....so I have to train myself to get off the old butt and do some squats, etc.

Stay warm!

Sandra
Old 01-18-2009, 08:49 AM   #23  

Hey all....how are things going? Another new day and new opportunities.

I found a workout buddy...and we are going to the Y a couple times a week...that helps sooo much with the motivation!!

Have a good day,
Sandra
Old 02-03-2009, 08:36 PM   #24  

Default Are there any fellow closet cookie lovers out there?

Hi everyone...it's the dead of winter....I just got back taking the dog for a walk...and I am sitting here with my jeans still too tight.

I ate a couple of chocolate chip cookies my daughter made and feeling very guilty.

I am tempted to have more...but I am stopping myself to write in here and feel and gain some strength.

Anyone out there who have those weak moments.....and give in?
Old 02-09-2009, 06:11 AM   #25  

Hi Sandra and welcome!
I'm from a little farther south from you...Louisiana to be exact!! I bet you're anxiously awaiting a little warm weather. I have on shorts now!! I'm new too and looking forward to this journey.
luvmyboys is offline   Reply With Quote