Time to roll off the roll!

• Hi, everyone! I finally saw something on the scale this week that I thought I'd never see again - the number that was there about a week before I gave birth to my son! I have put on 27 pounds since the day he was born ... and it's time to get to work.

I've indulged, I've binged, I've deliberately eaten too much and moved too little. I want to move with ease again, and to feel healthy and attractive. The 40's are an awesome time for women - the perfect mix of wisdom, experience, and elegance ... I want to be there, instead of having to sit on the bed to put my socks on, and being out of breath by going out to get the mail.

I'm 41, married 19 years, with a 9 year old son. I have nothing working against me that many people have not overcome already ... and I can't wait to learn more and be inspired!
  • Welcome ICUwishing, your going to love this forum. It's all here from advise to recipes...I'm 46 and feel the same way as you - the forties are FANTASTIC. Best to ya!

• [QUOTE=ICUwishing;2505094] The 40's are an awesome time for women - the perfect mix of wisdom, experience, and elegance ... QUOTE]"

This so true, now it is time for us to truly enjoy "our" time. I have let my weight get in the way of that for five of those special years and enough is enough.

We CAN do this!!!
  • Quote: The 40's are an awesome time for women - the perfect mix of wisdom, experience, and elegance ... I want to be there,
    What a great way to express that, I agree and I know you can get there!! So many different groups here to choose from, I hope you find your 'niche' here and soak up the great support
  • Yes, what a wonderful sentence. Thank you for that.
  • Hey there and welcome to the 3FC. You will get there. You have found us and we are all here for you. There are answers, there is support. Thanks for saying a little something about women in their 40's. It's just around the corner for me. I want to be everything I have ever dreamed in my 40's--clever, witty, confident, successful and hot too!