Old 11-21-2008, 09:50 PM   #16  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Wahoo Littlelindy> This is awesome.
Getting the lbs off also will give you added stamina for your work. I have also been a nurse, and its not easy.
Are you still working shifts with all of this?
I found getting rid of caffeine and going to ice water thru nights helped curb cravings and poor eating habits.
GOod luck to you
fatmad
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:03 AM   #17  
Stay Healthy

S/C/G: 152/134/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Fatmad

Hello. Well maybe you can help me around this site. I started my owen thread for my best friend and I it's called BFF's getting healthy. Can people go into that thread or do I have to be a memeber for 20day's? Also the tickler? I can't post one of those either? mmmmm I start the Nursing program in Jan. I do not work now becuase who will hire me for five to six weeks? When your in school it's full time then study time I have a hard time finding time to spend with my family. The nursing program is you do it or you don't. We have to get 80% on our tests and pass with an 80% or better. If you have a 79.9999 you don't pass it sad and hard and worth it. Well I will look forward to talking with you. See ya... Littlelindy
littlelindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:24 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 172lbs.

Default back in school

I just turned 40 a couple months ago and I went back to school about 2 years ago. I am completing my general ed in order to go into the nursing program. my advice is to do as mush as you can online, the moajority of community colleges and universities offer online courses. This way you get into the routine of balancing your schedule until you have to take classes on campus.

My other piece of advice is to use the ratemyprofessor.com website when choosing classes and teachers. This is a great site for finding out what a teacher is like before committing to spending 6+ weeks with them. The ratings on the website are from current and former students. It has been dead on with about 90% of the teachers I have taken.
bobbwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 08:27 PM   #19  
start date dec 2008

S/C/G: goal 10 at a time!

Height: 5'9"

yes I am almost to my goal of BS in Marketing in the spring. I love the change of feeling the success of making school important again. I am going to online college. I travel every day so it makes it easy to attend!
brattybratbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:37 PM   #20  
Learning to fly

S/C/G: 249/198/150

Height: 5`4.5

I completed my classes 5 weeks ago, and was hired as a proprietary trader for a small firm. Isn`t it funny how many women make a change like this in our 40s?
Good luck to all the students!!
Terry

Last edited by elfinsnow; 12-07-2008 at 09:37 PM.
elfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote