Old 07-20-2007, 12:41 AM   #76  
returning to myself

Height: 5'6"

hi...my weight isn't moving...I feel like I have TOM but I don't...that happens sometimes...I feel like I get it every month, but I actually only get it every 4 months....

ugh...

still on plan...even tho I don't wanna....
iminhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:35 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 245/237/165

Height: 5'10.5"

Default The scale.

Laura,
I totally understand. My ticker's been at 237 for probably a month, maybe more. Does that mean that I've strayed from my plan? (Yeah, a day or two, but nothing dramatic.)
I figure I'm going to keep at this ("doing the right thing for me"). It really doesn't matter when the scale moves. (I admit it would be SOOOoooo nice to get some postive feedback from the scale. But staying the same is better than going up.) Eventually, I figure it will go the direction I want it to as long as I stick with things.
As for the "feeling" you've got TOM, I understand-a little. I have PCOS, so, I've felt like I had TOM a lot, but got no period a LOT throughout my life. Unfortunately, it wasn't on any kind of cycle and was impossible to predict. It may be possible that your body is prepping the egg, just not ovulating as the hormones in your system decrease. (Personnally I use progesterone cream around day 18-day 25/26 in order to give my body the extra pop on the egg.) The cool thing is, at this point in our lives, we can chart our cycles and know that even if we don't get TOM, it's the right time to get it. We know what's going on.
Anyways, you have my support. You're doing a fantastic job of sticking this plan every day no matter what that darn scale says. (Personally, I think I'll be super disappointed if I don't see a change in 2.5 months, but I keep telling myself that's no reason to give up...modify, maybe, but I have to be consistent.)
You have helped me to be consistent by being consistent yourself.
Thanks.
ShyCammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:13 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 202/see tracker/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Hang in there!

Hi all, I'm off today and wouldn't normally try to get in on this ancient computer I have at home, but I'm off today (said that) and in danger of going a little food nuts. You are my support today.

Laura, the scale will move eventually. Our bodies are just making some adjustments. I find it very difficult to be patient when I know 10 years ago, I could lose 5 pounds in a week. But logic says, if we lower our caloric intake and up our exercise, it will happen. Hold on to the logic and don't listen to your emotions.

Irregular menstrual cycles are new to us to so, like Cammie says, chart where you are and look for patterns. I have had my period for 10 days now and can't even say what's normal for me anymore. Water weight? Who knows?

Okay now - please celebrate with me.........

I have lost 10 POUNDS! 10 POUNDS! 10 POUNDS! Is it water weight? Who cares? I would change my ticker but I think my computer would crash LOL.
hopingtobehopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:03 AM   #79  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Congratulations, Hoping! That's great news! Keep on with the losing!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:00 PM   #80  
returning to myself

Thanks Cammie...I will keep trudging along...I have just been feeling a little sorry for myself...I HAVE stayed on plan tho...and that's good....after all...we won't get ANYWHERE by giving up ...!! right??

HOPING!!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!

Old 07-20-2007, 01:32 PM   #81  
returning to myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopingtobehopeful View Post

Laura, remember when we were glad we only GAINED one pound? (That was today for me!) One pound down is FABULOUS you sweet thing!

OMG!!! YOU"RE RIGHT!!! I forgot about that!
Old 07-21-2007, 09:35 AM   #82  
Diane

Hey Laura, I understand feeling sorry for yourself! I've been stuck in that for a couple of days now. But, I'm also staying on plan. We're here at the weekend, which is a struggle for me normally, so I'm really trying to be careful. Hope everyone else has a good weekend!
Old 07-21-2007, 11:30 PM   #83  
returning to myself

Thanks Diane...yea..I am still on plan too....weigh in is Monday...I don't have high hopes, but at least I'm no longer moving in the other direction!!!
Old 07-22-2007, 07:26 PM   #84  

Talking 5 day challenge

Hey, is this still going on???? I need a challenge for Monday thru Friday. The weekends are sorta "not orgainized" because all the family is here and I can't just eat my regular lean cuisine lunches. Can we have a group that is serious Monday thru Friday?

I would love to be in that group!

Let me know if you are on board with this????
Terri
txgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:29 PM   #85  

Wink To weird!

I guess it has been a long time since I posted because it shows me only having one post. I guess that gives be a "do over". I am blogging on 3 fat chicks blogs and now I will try to post on this community place more often.

If you don't have a blog here - get one. It is so nice just to vent to your self.

-Terri
txgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:44 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 245/237/165

Height: 5'10.5"

First things first:
Hoping- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!
10 POUNDS!!! That's a big sack of potatoes!
Sounds like you're feeling better.

Welcome TX Girl, Terri! You're welcome to join and use any 5 days you want. The reason I focus on Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, is BECAUSE they are so "not organized"! For me that makes it very hard to do things healthy, like, not eat the donuts that I ate this weekend.

Aside from the donuts, all the other nutrition was good and even as I put the donut in my mouth I was thinking, "Do I really want to do this? I'm going to have to admit it to Hoping, Slashnl, an Laura...I need to time things better so I'm not hungry when I'm so close to donuts..." In the end, I did eat the donuts. But I ate them slowly, I enjoyed them, and I set the rest aside (previously unheard of).

Weekends like this past one are very hard for me. I read the Harry Potter book from when it arrived (11am) to 6 am the next morning, allowing my daughter to play and watch way too much tv. But then my sleep cycle was all out of whack and that made the rest of the weekend difficult.

I'm "on a jet plane" tomorrow to go on a 2 week vacation. I've made plans to walk each day, the nutrition will be challenging for me, though. I'll also be out of contact with y'all. The support you provide me has done worlds of good.
Please keep me in your thoughts as we drive into August. I'll be back on the boards for sure by 8/9 August.

Last edited by ShyCammie; 07-23-2007 at 10:45 AM. Reason: spelling
ShyCammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:45 AM   #87  
Diane

Have a good vacation Cammie! We'll be looking forward to hearing from you again when you get back.

I did ok this weekend. Not great because I was lacking in formal exercise, but on plan for food. We went fishing, so I wasn't sitting on the couch, but it still isn't all that active!!

Welcome Terri! I just started blogging on 3FC recently. You'll have to tell me what your blog is called so that I can look for it!
Old 07-23-2007, 12:50 PM   #88  
Wandering in the Woods

Count me in. It's Monday today, and the five weekdays I generally have to myself, so, my challenge is to keep my walking everyday up, and eat watermelon all day (I do cook & eat dinner with my DH in the evening).

In fact, every Monday is good for me to start fresh !
Hermit Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:57 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 202/see tracker/165

Height: 5'8"

CAMMIE! Good luck on vacation. We're thinking about you the whole time! Remember to try your best but don't beat yourself up!

Welcome everyone else and GREAT job to Diane and Laura! We made it through the weekend. I'm with Cammie - the reason I need the 5-day challenge is to make it thru sat-sun. Other days I'm fine! So even if they still aren't the best days on my plan, they are BETTER and that's a start!
hopingtobehopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:41 AM   #90  
Diane

Yes, it went pretty good for all of us, I think. Hopefully with our new additions to the thread, we'll all keep doing our best!