Old 08-08-2011, 09:30 PM   #1  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Default LAWL August Chat

Hey, it's August!! I just posted this on the July thread, but I thought we could use a fresh start to the month...

I took my team out for lunch today and they chose the restaurant...they picked CHINESE BUFFET ahhhhhhh!!!! Here's the good news though -- I did not eat even a single carb, and not one single fried food. I was so good you guys! I've never done that before and I was really really proud of myself. I may have a sodium gain, but it won't be from bad choices, I know I chose the very best options they had (roast beef, chicken, salad, broccoli and melon slices for dessert). Same thing on Sunday, I was shopping with my friend and we at ate the food court -- I picked salad and grilled chicken, yay me! For me this is huge because while I have good intentions often 'in the moment' I'm not able to make the best decision, but now I've done it two days in a row...I'm totally stoked. I have lunch out tomorrow with my boss and I'm not even scared!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:10 PM   #2  
fake it till you make IT!

S/C/G: 312/264/199

Height: 5'6

that is soooo awesome!!! you go girl!! What color plan you on?

A lot of the booklets have a restaurant guide so maybe you can even take that with you for extra assurance!!

Keep going your 68lbloss is amazing!!
tinkerbelll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #3  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

WTG Angie! The hardest part is ordering well-once you're eating good healthy food-you're happy you are. It's just getting past temptation to order junk.

My NSV this weekend-I went to a wedding reception and wore an outfit I wore the xmas before Josie came home (almost 5 years ago now)-when I was at my smallest size . . . .I remember how good I felt at that time. I'm not as toned as I was then-really need to kick up the exercise, but still . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #4  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Way to go ladies! Sounds like your all doing well. I am doing alright, no gain, no loss, just sitting at my usual 170 pounds. My goal was to be 165 for this weekend but it isnt going to happen.
My gym membership expired July 31rst and I havent renewed it but I am going to start up again in September.
My DH and I are heading to Vegas this weekend so Im sure I will get lots of walking in. I am still excited for the shopping even though my size hasnt gotten any smaller.
I spent last weekend with my Motherinlaw who had lost 25 pounds recently. She has gained 18 of it back already. She was following a different diet program. Its amazing how easy the weight can come back on when we dont watch what we eat!
Okay well I should go, have a wonderful day!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:07 PM   #5  
It's mine for the taking

Tinkerbell -- I'm not actually following LAWL at the moment, but when I was I was on Red with lites. Thanks

JM -- You're so right, the hardest part was averting my eyes from all the fried and carby stuff and actually putting the salad (instead of wonton soup) on my plate. Once I was eating it I found it was actually delicious. That's great about your outfit! I'd love to hear an update about how you are doing with your loss and what the struggles are for adjusting post-surgery.

Joan -- Have a fabulous time in Vegas! Where are you staying?
Old 08-11-2011, 12:12 PM   #6  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Angie- We use Timeshare when we travel. We are staying at Polo Towers.

JM- Please post pics! We all all wanting to see your awesome progression!

Have a great day!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:24 PM   #7  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all. just thought i'd check in, say hi and see how everyone was.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:14 PM   #8  
WonderWoman

i posted a new profile pic--probably the best one i've gotten in months, they're all looking/smiling at the same time! (which is pretty much impossible with them!)

i also wanted to let everyone know that i'm doing a Heart Walk for the American Heart Association and would be so appreciative of any donations--big or small--that you could make. i'm co-captain with my sister and we're very passionate about the AHA and all they do for heart research and saving lives.
http://heartwalk.kintera.org/siouxfallssd/lemons2011
Old 08-12-2011, 09:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 247/245/199

Height: 5'4"

Default Back!!

I'm back from vacation and ready to get serious. I am shooting for Monday, always feels better to set a start date.

Did pretty well over vacation, actually lost some but I think it was water because it bounced. Overall I am down a smidge to 329 so .... so much better than a gain.

I'm going to spend weekend time thinking about and menu planning to get set and start in fresh on Monday.

Realistically would like to get to Onderland by Christmas. I think that is doable.

Oh and start regular exercise, I feel so much better when I do.

Jane
futurerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #10  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi guys!
JM- Awesome on the outfit, you rock!
Jillian- I love that you are doing the Heart Association walk. Good for you!

I really am trying to get back to weight loss state of mind. I am an emotional eater. The last few years, every time I start trying to diet, some stress hits and BAM! I am comfort eating. Be back soon!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:40 PM   #11  
WonderWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl View Post
Hi guys!
JM- Awesome on the outfit, you rock!
Jillian- I love that you are doing the Heart Association walk. Good for you!

I really am trying to get back to weight loss state of mind. I am an emotional eater. The last few years, every time I start trying to diet, some stress hits and BAM! I am comfort eating. Be back soon!
thanks Katie! my sister is the regional vice president of corporate development--she just got promoted to that job (been with AHA for less than a year too!) and i've gotten quite involved since she started working for them. which makes sense because our mom has had a pacemaker since 46yrs old, our uncle died after a quad bypass at the age of 50 and my grandmother had a stroke and passed away not too long after. so it's definitely a cause and organization near and dear to me just like my NAMI Walk is.
there's a zumbathon tomorrow that i'm helping with for AHA so that should be fun (and sweaty) too!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:44 AM   #12  

Default hi everyone!

i absolutely love lawl. it is the only plan for me. my husband and i are planning on starting it up again tomorrow. i have been in grad school a year and have gained 18 pounds. i would love to get these pounds off as soon as possible. i am going to the doctor today...and i dread it. i did lawl in 2000 and lost 55 pounds. i got down to the 120's. that is where i would like to be again. grad school has really taken a tole on me and my body...i know that its too late to join in the august group challenges but i am definitely in for september. can some one explain to me the restrictions with this site? why are there limitations? i just dont get it?
thanks
susan
susanwmsrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #13  

Default does anyone post their menu for the day anywhere? like a daily log?

i think it would give me some ideas on what to eat.
tomorrow i will be doing the drink...for me, going to work is my down fall, all the drug reps bring in all kinds of foods and its so good that i just cant resist...i am going part time september 1 so, maybe that will help but i will be flat broke...but i will be graduating in may...so that will give me something to look forward to...
susan
susanwmsrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:48 PM   #14  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi all, I hope that you are doing well! I have started a healthy eating plan today, so far so good!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:37 AM   #15  
It's mine for the taking

Hi everyone!

Katie -- Glad to hear you are back on your way to slimdom What kind of plan are you doing?

JIllian -- I hope the walk goes well and the zumbathon!

Heading to a family BBQ today but I am making the burgers, so at least I know they'll be lean and not packed with sodium.

I'm still sitting at 205 and would love to be in ONEderland soon. A friend in another thread also needs to lose 6lbs to get to the next decade so we are having a little mini challenge together...6lbs in 3 weeks. Wish me luck!