General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:49 PM   #1  
not for anyone but me

S/C/G: 223/175/149

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy Diets? Which one is right for me?

I'm pretty much getting pulled in about 8 different ways because now all of a sudden everyone in my family is an expert on how ashlee should lose weight My boyfriend said I need to do the food lovers fat loss, but without even having the book and pretty much guessing at what they want me to do, I know it's 5-6 small meals a day, but how small? what should be in the meal? If I wake up at 11:30 am that means I'll be eating until 11:30 pm!
and aren't you not supposed to eat after 7?
oooh, i'm just so confused! and I really want to do this.
I started calorie counting and everyone told me that's not the right way,
I should do smart smoothies! or slim fast!
I'm so overwhelmed and I just want to do something that is free and I can follow...
I started at 247 and have stopped at 220 and the scale is just not budging anymore! I need help, what worked for you?
what sort of machineless exercise did you do? how did you eat? pleeaassee help
raworz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:57 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

Slow down a moment! Take a deep breath...hold it... slowly let it out.

Guess what? There's no one right way to lose weight. There are a million right ways.

That's good news! Calorie counting allowed you to lose 27 pounds, and it can definitely help you lose the rest.

It was working for you, why quit it?

Are you stalled for a short time? This happens to everyone. Little stalls on the scale are 100% normal. We just have to keep going forward.

So this is two separate issues.

1) You're ALREADY doing it right by calorie counting. There's nothing wrong with that method whatsoever. It's working for you. Keep doing it. IGNORE everyone who says you're "doing it wrong". They don't know what they're talking about.

- Most of those "experts" on weight loss are merely giving out suggestions. Not all suggestions are right for each person. It'd be like someone telling you "you're walking wrong". Really? I've been walking this way since I was about 2, so while I might have a different stride... it still gets me where I need to go. YOU are the expert on what method of weight loss is right for YOU. No one else.

2) Tell us about this stall on the scale. How long as it "not budged"? Do you exercise? How many calories are you eating a day?
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:09 PM   #3  
not for anyone but me

Thanks for that
I'll just stick to the calorie counting, I try to keep it below 2,000 or even at.
I followed a 30 day exercise program called firm express and the schedule I'm doing has me working out for 20 minutes, lunges and weight training 5 days a week with 2 days of recovery.
I'm at my last week and I've noticed muscles popping up and it's exciting but it's been almost 2.5 weeks without even so much as a pound falling off and it just started to worry me. Also I live with 3 other people with my boyfriend and every time I buy veggies for fruits they try to blend it up for their alcoholic beverages D:
or they dont want to go out and buy they're white bread so they eat all my sara lee! lol so I don't know
Old 08-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Going for 2.5 weeks without a budge on the scale is normal. Our bodies, while amazing machines, are organic and aren't perfect -- what that means is occasionally we'll have periods of time where we're stalling on the scale BUT we're losing inches or losing clothing sizes.

Do yourself a favor: Take measurements. Take photos. Then continue exercising, and eating as you have for two more weeks. Check the changes then. If there haven't been any changes in your measurements or the scale, then you can look into mixing a few things into your routine. (ie Maybe lowering calories by 100 or adding in a new activity) But be patient with yourself. You didn't put the weight on overnight, give it time.

Living with roommates can be a pain... especially when they eat your food! Set up a system. Write YOUR name on your bread. Write YOUR name on your bags of veggies. They are not allowed to touch your food.

In fact, that's what I always did with my roommates. We bought our own food, and we didn't touch other people's stuff. It's just common courtesy!
Old 08-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #5  
not for anyone but me

You definitely made me feel better, thanks for all the advice I'll keep on trying this for two more weeks and see if there are any results ! )
Old 08-10-2011, 03:20 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Oh! If you want to connect with others who are using Calorie Counting -- Check this section of the forum: Calorie Counters

Along the way they might be able to give you some good advice/ideas/tips.

Best of wishes on your journey! Keep coming back to let us know how you're doing
Old 08-10-2011, 03:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I vote for calorie counting, too. It works for me. In your case 2000 calories a day seems a little high, if I were you I would aim for 1700-1800 calories a day.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote