View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 12:52 AM   #8
uwfan27

S/C/G: 171/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 8"

I can relate! Oh can I ever! I just think I have an addictive personality (cliche saying perhaps, but nevertheless...) and I do it with food and I do it with alcohol. It's so much easier for me to just not drink, than to try to drink just 1 or 2. As many of you above me have said, it turns into 3, sometimes more. Then, to make it worse, I get the "drunkies" or at least it turns into an excuse to eat whatever I want! Thinking, gee, I've already drank all these calories, what's stopping for pizza/fast food/ice cream etc. going to do? It's a vicious cycle and I'm still learning. I find it best if I only drink around others, and also when I know I will be with people all night through to the next morning - it keeps me in check because I would get embarrassed to binge in front others like I can when I'm alone. That's why I really like it when my boyfriend stays over! It's when I go out drinking and wind up home alone later that night that the trouble really sets in. Oy! So I just try to a) not drink or b) drink only socially. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't! Lately it's been working

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.
uwfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote