Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:05 AM   #1  
Sweet girl in L.A.

S/C/G: 242/212/180

Height: 5'2"

Unhappy anyone tried ediets?

Just wondering if anyone has tried ediets. I need to do something that is affordable with support. I took the profile test thing and it was supposed to tell me what plan would be best for me based on my choices. It made me mad b/c you can tell that "my plan" was generic. It wasn't specific to what I had marked at all. Arghhhh! I do need something like that b/c I am lazy and don't wanna "work at" dieting, not do I have the time with 2 jobs. That said, if I had the money to do something like Jenny Craig, I wouldn't need to work 2 jobs.

Any plans like above worked for you? I'd also like to find some type of exercise plan via online or video where I can do general flexibility exercises. I have RA and can't do all that strength training stuff. Just tutorial type of stuff I can do on my living room floor..slowly.

Thanks!
swtgila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I hate to be the one to tell you this but dieting does take hard work. Less calories and more exercise works very well and is free. I have tried ediets as well as others , they all work but are expensive . I decided some time ago that I was no longer going to pay someone to tell me what to eat, I calorie count and it doesn't cost me a cent.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #3  

I used ediets years ago when it was still free.
Try sparkpeople, it will give you a diet meal plan to follow and its free. All the support you need is there. Groups, forums, blogs, make friends, food journal, exercise journal, and even free exercise videos on the site. I know quite a few people personally who have used it and lost a great deal amount of weight. I had to get off there because I spent more time chit-chatting to fellow sparkers than I did working. LOL They have groups for every type of weight loss plan that you can think of.
irishchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:33 PM   #4  

I have looked into ediets but it seemed like a much more expensive option than what I am currently trying: Nutrisystem.
Justafewmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/165/145

Height: 5' 11"

I am currently on ediet delivery and I like it. It is fairly good tasting. I am only getting 5 days per week which works well for me. I am on my second week.
I did Nutrisystem for a month 4 yrs ago - I lost weight but felt bad - too many chemicals.
Freshology was great, but was expensive and frozen. After my 4 weeks on ediet I am going to try Freshology fresh (GetSlimGold). Even more expensive but I want to try it.

It really works for me knowing I have all of my meals in the fridge. I have way too much going on to try to plan meals etc. I was getting cheetos and ice cream for dinner because i was so stressed so this takes much of the worry away
Igb2htalmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 161/147/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Are you interested in WeightWatchers at all? You could pay for one month of meetings just to get the hang of it, then go to the online only plan. You eat whatever you want as long as you stay within your points. Plus you can do as much or as little exercise as you want. I've been a somewhat consistent walker since the spring. I've even lost weight during the weeks that I haven't exercised. I'm really pleased with my progress and am sold on WW!

Last edited by kidjng; 09-02-2011 at 08:12 PM.
kidjng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

Just ge 17 day diet book and follow it. It is a good diet. And it works. You do not have to buy any food. you can make simple food for youur self.
Or else make simple changes in your diet. Like drink 10 glasses of water per day. Eat salad with balsamic vinegar and 1 tbs olive oil dressing. eat 3 times a day. do not skip break fast. eat 2 fruits a day. Avoid sugar, bread, cakes pestries, and fried stuff. Eat 2 tbs pine nuts 3 times a week.
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote