S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: July 18-July 24

New Pages!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:10 AM   #2  

Good morning everyone. I spent the weekend eating lower carbs than usual. I kept them at 40% of my daily intake (using Fitday to monitor). I lost 2 pounds. I won't change my ticker until I see if this is real or something else.

I'll try out my new upper body lifing program today and that makes me happy. I've been doing the same one for a while.

Not much going on here except trying to organize days around staying cool. The drought is really affecting the farmers and ranchers here--cattle being sold off and crops dying.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:18 PM   #3  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Just had my hedges cut & trimmed along with the weed removed.The owner will bill be later. Going to be hot & humid so I'm going to keep my a/c on while straightening up for the Canasta card game tomorrow. To get the card table to fit into my living-room I have to move the cocktail table around to another section and to more a chair in another.

RHONDA-Thanks for the pages,had a busy morning trying to straighten out the downstairs as I have my canasta card game tomorrow. Still have to do the living room . on your 2 lb loss,you're doing great,but look at all the exercising you're doing. Thats the key,but with my bad knee & hip it impossible to do as much as you do,I'm lucky to have 20-30 mins a day.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:56 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, on your 2 lb loss. Hope you're staying cool and safe. We're hibernating most of the days with going outside early mornings. I'm tired of this. But I guess everyone around here is.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #5  

I should be going out early in the morning, but I've been waiting until 8PM and just doing a few little things in what's left of the yard...pulling weeds mostly.

I've finished the book "Why We Get Fat..." I'm going to read it again and give you a report. But, mostly, cut the carbs way back. And, make those that you do eat complex carbs only.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:21 PM   #6  

I just sent Puneri a private message to try to join us in the right week....

Last edited by Tejas; 07-18-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:46 PM   #7  

My plan was to just maintain until my son returns to college and then get serious about what I eat, but I gained 2 pounds this week so I am starting now.
My joints all feel achey & stiff.

I spent the evening at the bookstore looking at the healthy diets. I couldn't find the "why we get fat" one. Basically I am going almost vegetarian with
protein from eggs, free range chickens, seafood, whey protein & occasinal grass fed beef. The things I read about what is in our supermarket milk, eggs,
& meats made me want to find heathier sources.

I am getting ready to make a list of healthy meal options & then try to cook a healthy dinner each night. Wish me luck. Even if I don't lose weight I mainly want these joints to feel better. I will try some joint meds to like that gluc/chon
one

Skipper isn't any better ..I am going to get her xrayed tomorrow to see how bad it is.. I hate to put her through that because she is so scared of the vet.

Last edited by nancy237; 07-19-2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: speeling
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:12 AM   #8  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

G'morning all. If you have any warm weather going spare, we could do with some over here. We had our central heating on last evening!

Are you getting the phone hacking story over there? I know they are in Canada. Every time you put the news on, there's been another arrest!

WELL.... After being static for a few weeks I've lost another pound. Not very much in the grand order of things I know, but I'm happy. I'm at that stage where I'm trying clothes on that didn't fit last year, and this year I can get into them.

Going to see my mum this morning. She is hiding her soiled clothes around her room. The care staff say it is a bit like hunt the thimble! It is so sad to see the deterioration in her, its getting much worse and the anxiety and paranoia associated with dementia is very, very obvious now. The well dressed, well informed lady she was has completely gone. To think she spoke: Welsh, English, French, Latin and Greek and was so interested in world affairs and now she can't even understand how to switch on her TV. The staff have to retune it every morning, but she doesn't know what she is watching.

Have a good one everyone
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #9  

Good morning chicks. Been so busy lately. I've been helping my daughter get the salon ready for their open house. That will be tomorrow and they officially open for business on Thursday. The girl she is partnering with has b een no help. She has basically sat back and let us do all the work, but wants to take the credit for it. They have a lot of people attending the open house. We finished the last details last night. Been a long hard journey getting it ready but it looks great.

Rhonda, a big That is awesome. You have worked your little butt off.

Maryann, we are not as hot as Texas, but it's still in the high 90's here, everyday. I miss Michigan's summers. We would have a week of 90's in August and the rest of summer was low 80's. I guess Michigan is getting hit with a heat wave too. Vickie can attest to that.

jojo, it's so sad about your mom. My MIL is a shell of what she used to be. Hope you have a good visit. We are hearing all about Murdock here and the phone hacking.

Nancy, I feel so bad about Skipper. My neighbor has a collie. He is almost 20 yrs old. I haven't seen him lately, so I'm thinking he might have went off in the woods to die. He was an outside dog. When I walked, he would tag along. Such a good dog. If you find a good diet, let me know.

I am only up 1 pound from my normal weight. I had started gaining, and down 2 lbs, so I expect this extra pound to be gone soon.

Have a good day.

Last edited by pam920; 07-19-2011 at 09:07 AM.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Tejas, got your message. Thank you for inviting. I am following 17 day diet. I am on 3rd cycle. In this cycle 2 servings of carbs are allowed.

In 1st & 2 nd cycles of 17 days cycle i lost 10 lbs. Keeping my fingers crossed.
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:38 PM   #11  

Puneri, good to see that you found the thread. Most of here are doing some approach to the old Core program on WW. But, whatever you're doing, we're here to help if we can.

Nancy, I'm so sorry about Skipper. If you do have to put him down, you can be sure that you gave him a good life and an easier death than most animals get. I, too, have been looking for healthier sources of foods. I really like grass-fed bison which is available here; it's sweet tasting.

Jojo, like Pam, my MIL (former) is also just a physical shell of who she was. But, snippets of her great personality remain even though her sentences make no sense to anyone. She can also be really nasty. And, yes, we are hearing all about the scandal. Murdoch's use of his power hardly makes him my favorite person so I don't mind too much seeing him suffer. All of the finger pointing is quite dramatic.

Pam, no "little butt" to it

I'm surviving on the 100 grams of carbs a day. The Mayo clinic recommends a minimum of 140, and low carbers say 100 is a good place to start. We shall see.

I just had some Ryvita crispbread, Pumpkin seeds and Oats...really tasty. 9 grams of carbs,60 calories, 1.5 grams total fat. It's also low GI.

Hope you're all having a good day.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:52 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

Well, I feel like the fallen chickie here. I haven't made healthy food or exercise choices since last week--and I can tell.

Nancy, my joints hurt more, too, when I'm indulging. Good for you for taking charge.

Punei, good to see you here. I'm interested in the 17 day diet. Think I'll google it.

JoJo, kudos to you for inching down into different clothes. Awesome! I'll send you all the heat you want. Want some 108*? Well, maybe some 101*? We are having more of that, so I would share willingly.

Pam, has your daughter worked with this lady before? Sounds like a rocky start. Congrats to you for just gaining 1 lb.

Okay, I'm off to google.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:29 PM   #13  

I did well for my first day of my new eating.
My cousin wanted to eat at a mexican restuarant so I got mahi mahi tacos
& black beans. I ate the filling & left the corn shells.
At home I had fruit & egg & nuts . I need to groc shop tomorrow .
The author I read was big on cranberry juice and suggested a cran-water where
you mix 1 part cranberry juice (no sugar) to 10 parts water.
Sure hope this diet helps me feel better . Skipper & I are about the same speed lately.
The vet increased her pain meds so she is more comfortable tonight.

I need to change my ticker to show my gain..that way when I do lose I can track it.

Last edited by nancy237; 07-19-2011 at 11:33 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:38 PM   #14  

Hi there may I join in? I am just returning to my counting points. 2.5 years ago I was rocking the weight loss, down to 148 ish then I got pregnant and used it as a great excuse to eat everything in site and then some!! Then I was nursing and that proved a great reason to continue to eat anything and everything around. since about January I have been thinking I need to get back to healthy eating but have not followed through. At my highest weight ever at 202 higher then my 189 when I went to the hospital to have my daughter, I know I must get a grip and drop the weight. So here I am ready to dive back in!!
hope82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:17 AM   #15  

Hope. Of course you can jump in. Most of us are not counting points, but are doing some fashion of the old WW Core. But, mostly, we do what we think is best for us and support one another on the journey.

I'm tracking on Fitday.com and trying to control carbs. Others are doing other things.