Old 07-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #1  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Default W.O.W. Labor Day Challenge - Week 1 (7/11 - 7/17)

Hiya, folks - meant to do this yesterday, but didn't manage to get a whole heck of a lot done in general. Eeek.

How's everyone doing on motivation? I'm kind of pumped (long may it last) because the fiance and I are re-starting P90 tomorrow. We sat down and decided that the only way we were going to get the exercise done is to do it first thing in the morning, after an early bedtime and a good night's sleep. Decided that tonight I'm going to lay out all my workout clothes so that they're ready for me to jump into in the morning.

I have also decided I'd like to maybe start running again when the weather cools off a bit... and I'm kind of scared to because of the stress fractures from last time, but I'm also about 20 lbs lighter this time - maybe not as much stress on the shins? I also live in a really flat neighborhood now - less hills maybe means less injury? I don't know why I have the itch again. I just... do.

Hope everyone's doing well! What's everyone's plan for the week?

W - 60 oz

E - Eating very light today - plans for vegetarian Indian buffet with my friend this evening. Indian food is my latest obession (and my greatest temptation).

E - Nothing today - but starting P90 tomorrow, probably also attending a bellydance class as I will miss Friday's.

D - One meal at a time, always trying to make the best possible choice.

Yeah!!

RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:30 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Hiya Suzy. I love running, I try to get in 2.5-3 miles per workout.

My night at work went well, but wouldn't you know it I am wide awake right now. okay maybe not wide awake, but awake anyway. Home at 430 and woke up at 830. I need to train my body. Luckily I don't work tonight, but I will take a nap and stay up late tonight (I do work tomorrow night).

W 80 oz
E 35 minutes
E 1200 cals
D light housework.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #3  
Suz

Jeni, I don't know how you do it. My brain is so trained that dark = sleep. Good thing you've got some time off to help you adjust.

I'd love to start running now, but the heat is so ding-dang HORRIBLE here right now - close to 100 degrees. I live in Delaware. This is just wrong. How do you cope with running in the heat??
Old 07-13-2011, 04:18 AM   #4  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

hey everyone well weighed in 2day at a embarrassing 249.8. well at least its not 250. lol im hopeing it will drop as fast as i put it on.
w 64 oz
e walking 1 mile
e sb phase 1
d finish book
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:03 AM   #5  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

I love to walk/run outside but I agree it has been too dang hot. Today is supposed to be in the 70's here. SOunds good to me.

Why is losing weight so hard? I lost 6 pounds, now have gained almost 3 of them back. I hope it is just my mid-cycle gain, but still...how depressing. I am following the plan, except for an extra malba toast or two once in a while. What gives with this body of mine??

My hubbie is going in to work at 5:30 everyday this week. He tries to go to bed btween 8 and 9. We try to be quiet. How do you do it Jeni???
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:54 PM   #6  
Calorie Counter

Hi tiara!! How are you sweetie?

Mindy~My day shift schedule is easy up at 215am to bed at 730pm. Nights, well I am trying to find a routine. (or make my body sleep) I slept until 900 this morning. I have two nights in a row tonight and tomorrow, then some more time off. I ended up napping a lot yesterday. (Oh and I wear earplugs to bed!)

Suzy~at least I go to bed and its dark now. before it was so light when I went to bed it was hard to sleep.

So I didn't workout yesterday, but I am going to get in a walk/run today. Intervals.

W 80 oz
E 35 minutes
E still trying to workout how to eat when I am on nights. probably will end up at around 1500 cals today
D enjoy my kids

Last edited by jcatron243; 07-13-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:50 AM   #7  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Mindy.. i hear you.. why is losing weight so hard??? thats the million dollar question...

jeni.. Hey my life has been a bit crazy which shows on my scale. My gpa has been in and out of the hospital and between family drama its been very crazy. Ive decided yesterday.. lol That eventhough the world around me is falling apart i need to get control over my own life especially my weight. im going to make it a point to check in at least twice a week to chat and tell ya how im doing. Im happy to see even though i went mia everyone is still on here doing well.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:09 AM   #8  
mtiger

Wink

Tiara- I like your mini goals. All I can think of right now is rewarding my self with pizza when I hit the 170's. Not such a good reward huh? Hang in there with the family stuff.

Jeni- It is hard to keep things quiet around here at 8 o'clock at night. Glad my poor husband is only doing this for a week. Next week he works 7:30 -4, then goes back from 6- 8:30 for some OT. Yuck!!!

Well the scale stayed the same today, I am up 2.5 pounds this week. Got reprimanded yesterday at weigh-in. I have been missing my egg in the morning, so not enough protein. Plus I only eat 1 can of tuna instead of 1.5 cans when I have tuna. And I have been getting too many starches. WOW!! If I have cereal and a sandwich I can't have any other form of carb for the day. Nice huh?? Can I do this?? They don't buy the fact that my body just does this at mid-cycle time.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:44 PM   #9  
Suz

Mindy, I hear you re: difficulty - I'm up a little this week, too, but am 99% sure it's due to TOM. I always put on a few extra RIGHT before Auntie Flo comes to town.

Tiara, I don't know enough of your situation to really comment, but I can give you hugs and support. So...

Jeni, you're probably snoozing away right now (wish I was!!) but hoping you're hanging in there.

*~*~*~*

I have made a discovery that I become an insufferable hag when I don't get at least some kind of physical activity every day. Even if it's doing something dumb like cleaning the bathroom, I really think I've gotten my body to the point where I need some kind of rigorous movement every day for a few minutes or I feel all "off" and weird and start snapping at people. And after I finally get to exercise, I feel like... "aaaahhhh..." almost like I'm relaxed and energized at the same time.

Is it possible that I've become an addict who needs her "fix?" I think it's bizarre, and I'm honestly a little worried about it. Seriously.

Anyway -

W - 60 oz. I did horrible with this yesterday (in addition to not checking in with you guys... boo me)

E - Already done! FH and I did P90 this morning, first thing. Good times!

E - Staying on plan today, and being very, very good about salty stuff because I weigh in tomorrow and I want to see that number go DOWN. Rawr.

D - I need to get outside today - it's too beautiful to stay indoors!

Have a great day, everybody!
Old 07-14-2011, 03:10 PM   #10  
Hard Working Chick

Rowdy (Suz) - I can't wait for the day that I can run again. I add some lite jogging when I do my walk dvd's. I can't do it too long but I'm excited that I can do a little. I couldn't do that awhile back.

Jeni, Mtiger, Tiara & the others. (I;m sorry. Still trying to learn/remember screen names)- Hi

Hi everybody. I've been running like crazy with 2 birthdays approaching, and getting school supplies. I have been getting my exercise in though. Yesterday I did 70 minues which surprised me!
Timoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:29 PM   #11  
Calorie Counter

Good morning everyone.

Suzy, I was like that. If I didn't get in enough workout time I was horrible. Then I hurt my shoulder at work, and I couldn't get any in. I was mean to everyone for at least 5 months. (I only could do physical Therapy and a little cardio). I am still trying to get my workouts back up to par.

Mindy~I love my earplugs. I don't even hear the kids.

I'm not sure how my workouts are going to be on nights. I have time right now, but no energy. Maybe once I start sleeping more than 4 or 5 hours I will feel better.

Food and water is great.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:40 AM   #12  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Mindy... thanks.. when i first started i would reward myself by going out for dinner with friends. i would look at it as my big cheat for being good a whole month. But after the 1st time i realize it was very counter productive..lol

suz... Thanks a hug is alwaysed appreciated even a virtual one. I hope one day to be addicted to exercise. I once made a vow to go walking when was stressed or upset. But its so much easier to sit and eat a bag of chips. im glad to say im past that point.

Well im happy to say some of the weight is coming off but i know this is the" easy weight." Thats coming off. The true test is when i hit 234 again.. My family drama is getting less stressed but i wish some members would grow up and think of others instead of themself.
w 64 oz
e walking
e 1200 calories with sb ph1
d do my nailz...

Timoba... Hello
Old 07-15-2011, 09:32 AM   #13  
mtiger

Wink

Well after my 2.5 pound gain ( and catching he** at weigh-in) I lost almost 2 pounds today. Is it because I ate my egg yesterday or because I ran to the bathroom 4 time last night?? Can we say water weight gain during ovulation?? I think so. I tried to tell them my body just does this, but it is much easier to blame my lack of egg than to try to ac cept that my body is weird. Hopefully tomorrow when I weigh in I will be back to my lowest.

Wed. I shoveled horse manure for 4 hours, yesterday I did a 3 mile walk/jog plus put 100 bales of hay in the barn. My entire body hurts..even my armpits. Today...just a walk.

Tiara- Glad to hear you are on the right track. Keep it up

Jeni- didnt know you got hurt. You were a workout queen girl. Hope you get some exercise in.

Timoba- Good for you, getting in that workout. Keep it up!!

Rowdy- I also feel the need to workout everyday. It just becomes a habit..a good habit!!

Last edited by mtiger; 07-15-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:12 AM   #14  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

mindy.. our bodys are weird... i found out a few weeks ago that my body is now rejecting orange juice. It makes my stomach funny... And i thought being lactose was bad. You just have to remember what works for your body and help it along.

Today i was very good. Even though its only my 4th day in im proud to say i resisted tempatatioon in the form of cinnamon and sugar deep fried tortilla shells. Instead i added cinnamon to my steak. I must say it was very good. lol it was the cinnamon i was craving. I also foundout that cinnamon is only 18 calories for 1 table spoon but of course i didnt use that much so i halfed the calories.. It was pretty good i will be having it again 2mo. you should try it but only on a little piece just in case you dont care for it...lol

w 64oz
e walking
e 1200 cal ph1 sb
d visit parents
Old 07-16-2011, 03:44 PM   #15  
Hard Working Chick

Hi everybody. I'm enjoying a quiet weekend at home! I lost 1lb with weigh in. I was hoping for more, but I'll take it!
Timoba is offline   Reply With Quote